It is currently 23 May 2024, 05:23

Text Size

DotP 2014 Wiki Pages...

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DotP 2014 Wiki Pages...

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jun 2013, 18:49

I've gone ahead and started creating the DotP 2014 Wiki pages (Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014) to try and create a central place for all of us to share information. I've copied the deck lists from the Announcement thread (though the announcement thread is still listed on the main page due to having other information as well) to a wiki page to make it easier to see what decks will be available without having to go through multiple pages in the announcement thread (credit still given to NEMESiS). I've also gone ahead and created a Best Practices page and a page for the Prefix/Id lists (I called it a registry) so we can try and preemptively prevent mod conflicts.

Direct links to created pages:
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014
DotP 2014: Deck Listing
DotP 2014: Best Practices
DotP 2014: Prefix/Id Registry

For the Prefix/Id Registry I was only able to add entries that I know of (mine, and one for thefiremind for ids based on his comment in another thread) so this should be edited to include reservations from other modders as well.

The Best Practices page for DotP 2014 has fewer items on it than the Best Practices page for DotP 2013 has. The reason for this is because the game has not yet been released and we don't know what mechanisms it will will use for certain things we can't necessarily add best practices for them yet. But we can assume that the game will handle multiple game files in a similar fashion to the way it has in the past (separate files for cards, function collections, etc...). As such it is pretty safe to assume that we will have a single card per file and that if there are two or more files with the same name in multiple game files that one or more will be overridden and/or cause conflicts.

If anyone can think of other pages/items we need to add feel free to either do so yourself or post what you think we should add here (to either add or for further discussion).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: DotP 2014 Wiki Pages...

Postby thefiremind » 14 Jul 2013, 22:54

I added a page that will hopefully prove very useful to the new modders:
DotP 2014: Frequent Modding Mistakes
I hope I'll get some help in expanding it, at the moment I can't think of anything else to add but I'm sure there's more.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: DotP 2014 Wiki Pages...

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jul 2013, 00:21

I added a few more common mistakes to that list (one is deck related rather than card related).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers