It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:08

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collect

Postby Qumojo » 10 Dec 2019, 18:16

Oh my... Image

I can't believe I was that dumb. So sorry for wasting your time! There I was last week feeling all proud with myself and that silly filter, and here I am not understanding this simple concept that I should have seen!

Yes, you're right, while importing the cards name, they are listed as "1x XXX // YYY" and that's why... nothing else. Huge face-palm!

Well, if you can get around it with a new update, it will be a welcome, otherwise don't waist too much time on it. I know how to deal with those cards now.

Thanks again as usual, you're awesome!
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 10 Dec 2019, 20:33

Don't be so hard on yourself Qumojo, blunders may happen to anyone, even to Magnus Carlsen himself.
Besides the issue you raised is valid, the application does not do much to help you deal with multi-face.
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 30 Dec 2019, 21:54

Thanks for your kind words ;)

Quick question, I can't seem to figure out how to search for any card with the text "+*/+*" where * is any value? I can search for +1/+1 and etc but can't get the any.

Thanks lot for your last update with new cards pics! =D>
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 31 Dec 2019, 03:40

Qumojo wrote:Quick question, I can't seem to figure out how to search for any card with the text "+*/+*" where * is any value? I can search for +1/+1 and etc but can't get the any.
Code: Select all
Text: "\+ \+"~1
There should be a better way, but something is broken, I will investigate it later.
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 01 Jan 2020, 14:45

Thanks a lot, I knew that there was something odd, as I am sure I could search before for "any" but your answer worked perfectly. So happy, thanks again =D>
Qumojo

Postby aidscoi168 » 03 Jan 2020, 14:42

I got into problem with the app again. After update to 4.0.5 i can't run the app.
Attachments
logs.rar
Log
(255.58 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 04 Jan 2020, 12:44

aidscoi168 wrote:I got into problem with the app again. After update to 4.0.5 i can't run the app.
Hi Aidscoi! Should be fixed in 4.0.5.3

To make Mtgdb.Gui start temporarily remove or comment out additional
<ImageSources /> tag (with content) you have in Mtgdb.Gui.xml

The problem is caused when two <ImageSources /> from default and custom config are found and merged.
When you have 4.0.5.3 installed you can have custom <ImageSources /> again.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 11 Jan 2020, 07:13

Hi, can we have "foil" mark/tag for cards in our collection and prices specific for foil version ? also other variant like full frame, extended art ..ect ?
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 12 Jan 2020, 00:59

aidscoi168 wrote:Hi, can we have "foil" mark/tag for cards in our collection and prices specific for foil version ?
Maybe, not in the near future though, because it has broad effect on application logic, so has to be carefully planned.

also other variant like full frame, extended art ..ect ?
I am not sure I understand the question. At the moment, there are different variants in Mtgjson.com data, see attached screenshot.
Anyway, if mtgjson.com data has the distinction you want, and points to a correct image (gatherer.wizards.com or scryfall.com or whatever other image source) then it may be done.
Otherwise no, because it would be a huge work for me + large maintenance burden for each new release.
Attachments
mtg-normal-extended-art.jpg
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 14 Jan 2020, 08:13

As i check the release note of Mtgjson, the variants already have different number and different prices so just manual organize the images folder is comlete the job ( for anyone want to have exact version and price of cards from their collection because XLHQ folder contain all variant but just split into different folder base on quality 200dpi, 300dpi ..ect ). I don't know about the prices for foil version but mtgjsontake data from Tcgmarket so maybe we can combine our "Foil tag" to get the right path for prices of these cards if the data already contain.
aidscoi168

Postby Qumojo » 25 Jan 2020, 00:20

Hi, me again :lol:

What a wonderful surprise when I came back today after few weeks of not playing mtg and obviously using your app, to find out that there are a couple updates and that almost all my prayers were answered! [-o< And I say, almost... because there is one that persistes and annoys me the most, I've already point it out a couple of times but didn't care that much about it as I didn't mind putting up with it as the app is so great that the "update" problem wasn't that much of an issue at the end of the day.

But seems now it is almost imposible to deal with it :? I will repeat myself, can't you just remove everything keeping images folder and save desk/libraries only?

Here a pic of what is going on. Tried to update my previous v4.0.4.2 (renamed as mtgdb.gui_old), kind of worked but it wasn't unable to update Zoom Images. Said to myself, oh well, the same as usual, created a new folder and unpacked the Mtgdb.Gui.v4.0.5.3.zip (73megas) downloaded by my v4.0.4.2 and kept in the update folder and proceed to create a new folder mtgdb.gui moving pics over. Same happened. Said to myself, oh well, old same old same... Back to download official one from the web and try again. Same name Mtgdb.Gui.v4.0.5.3.zip but this time only 65.6 megas download, what changed, who knows, but still doesn't work. Even worst, says 4.0.4.1 in the window!!!

Well, I know the deal, I will wait patiently for another awesome update that will fix everything :lol: Take your time, not in any rush and not angry at all. I know shit happens and I love your work, thanks again for putting up with us and working so hard to bring every little request we've got to the app =D>

Let me know if you need more details, logs or whatever to figure out why things are not working, I will keep an eye to the forum the following days.
Attachments
mtg64.update.png
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 26 Jan 2020, 19:42

Hi Qumojo, sorry for troubles. The problem you are facing is due to Google Drive,
this is what Mtgdb.Gui gets from it:
We're sorry...
... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
I have not found a way through it at the moment. Will keep you posted.
hidalgo

Postby Qumojo » 27 Jan 2020, 15:28

Ok, thanks.

Did you drop support for windows7? Asking as I can't run the 4.0.5.4 on my win7 laptop. Here the log. Could be just my laptop, really old one. Maybe time to upgrade probably don't waist time looking into, just wondering if it was intentional or just a typical coma/switch somewhere that didn't get updated in your end, that's all.

info.log
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

error.log
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Qumojo

Postby hidalgo » 29 Jan 2020, 08:59

Qumojo wrote:Ok, thanks.

Did you drop support for windows7? Asking as I can't run the 4.0.5.4 on my win7 laptop. Here the log. Could be just my laptop, really old one. Maybe time to upgrade probably don't waist time looking into, just wondering if it was intentional or just a typical coma/switch somewhere that didn't get updated in your end, that's all.

info.log

error.log
The log complains about corrupted font Arial.
"System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial Black' does not support style 'Regular'
this should fix it.
If not, also make sure you have .NET framework at least of version 4.6.1.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 31 Jan 2020, 01:32

Qumojo wrote:Tried to update my previous v4.0.4.2 (renamed as mtgdb.gui_old), kind of worked but it wasn't unable to update Zoom Images.
Hi Qumojo, 4.0.6.0 downloads images from YandexDisk instead of GoogleDrive. You should be able to update images.
hidalgo

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers