It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 07:29

Text Size

2014 official cards & decks & functions from ipad

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: 2014 official cards & decks & functions from ipad

Postby thefiremind » 25 Sep 2013, 00:23

gorem2k wrote:I don't remember which card but I found one that was using proliferate="10" .
That's weird... it's on Phantom Nishoba. +1/+1 counters don't need to be defined, so I have no idea what they were trying to do there.

gorem2k wrote:about STACK_EQUIVALENCE, Mirror-Sigil Sergeant use it as well with keyword="MirrorSigil".
I tried to look at the new executable and couldn't find the word "MirrorSigil", so it seems that those keywords aren't predefined and we can invent new ones if needed.

gorem2k wrote:Fertile Imagination use <AI_MODIFIERS always_use="1" />
I don't know exactly what this is doing.
Maybe it's an incentive for the AI that would be reluctant to use that card otherwise? If that's so, it could prove useful in some other scenarios.

gorem2k wrote:Hearless Hidetsugu use math.floor which maybe would work for calculating damage (integer?) for cards like Pyromancer's Gauntlet.
The problem was the opposite... we didn't want the game to round that value. :mrgreen: By the way, "math" is a Lua library, it has always been available to us, even in previous games. :wink:

gorem2k wrote:Remand is using target:CounterSpell( (ZONE_HAND) ) didn't know we could insert a ZONE_ in CounterSpell()
I didn't know, either. The good thing about being developers is that if you find something annoying to code as a script, you make the game natively support it. :lol: Changing the destination of a card only if it got successfully countered was annoying indeed, so they added a new capability to the CounterSpell function. Good job, developers... =D> (why don't you add support for more things that are totally impossible to do otherwise, instead? :P)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: 2014 official cards & decks & functions from ipad

Postby gorem2k » 25 Sep 2013, 02:13

thefiremind wrote:
gorem2k wrote:about STACK_EQUIVALENCE, Mirror-Sigil Sergeant use it as well with keyword="MirrorSigil".
I tried to look at the new executable and couldn't find the word "MirrorSigil", so it seems that those keywords aren't predefined and we can invent new ones if needed.
Landfall cards will benefit from this! Soul Warden and other "ETB" could too.

thefiremind wrote:
gorem2k wrote:Hearless Hidetsugu use math.floor which maybe would work for calculating damage (integer?) for cards like Pyromancer's Gauntlet.
The problem was the opposite... we didn't want the game to round that value. :mrgreen: By the way, "math" is a Lua library, it has always been available to us, even in previous games. :wink:
math.ceil seems to do the opposite.. anyway, I may try something else like multiply damage by 10 (or 100?) before doing the formula so value don't get negative then divide it by 10 after. I don't know.

thefiremind wrote:
gorem2k wrote:Remand is using target:CounterSpell( (ZONE_HAND) ) didn't know we could insert a ZONE_ in CounterSpell()
I didn't know, either. The good thing about being developers is that if you find something annoying to code as a script, you make the game natively support it. :lol: Changing the destination of a card only if it got successfully countered was annoying indeed, so they added a new capability to the CounterSpell function. Good job, developers... =D> (why don't you add support for more things that are totally impossible to do otherwise, instead? :P)
*cough*..mana ...*cough*

they also added item_count="1" in Umezawa's Jitte. odd.
Code: Select all
<COST type="RemoveCountersSelf" item_count="1" amount="1" counter_type="Charge" />
gorem2k

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers