It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:13

Text Size

Proposal of a Releaser's Alliance

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Proposal of a Releaser's Alliance

Postby Takhen » 17 Apr 2013, 12:51

There is nothing to do: I love to hypotize decks and combo but when it comes the moment to code cards I lose all my interest

So I was thinking: I love to search between 10.000+ existing cards, create combos, make graphical deckbox...
Maybe some other user/s love/s to code the cards, so we could make an alliance, a "Releaser Team" and not a single modder where each one does that he can do better

If someone is interested I would be grateful by the collaboration, and obviously also about a programmer I would love advices or proposal from deck's lists :)

To make an example of decks I would like to create, now I'm "studying" the combo HOROBI, DEATH'S WAIL + CAULDRON OF SOULS

So, if someone would like make this team, make me notice :)
Takhen

Re: Proposal of a Releaser's Alliance

Postby Scion of Darkness » 17 Apr 2013, 13:52

I'm facing the inverse problem, i'm not a huge creator like the thefiremind and the resto of the guys here, but if you want we could work together i'm in need of good deck ideas hehehe
Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 17 Apr 2013, 20:16

So you are the man I was looking for! (if someothers want we could be more than two)

If you like, I would be honored to expose my ideas, the first already wrote (the basic combo, then there are obviously other cards already seen)

Other ideas are on tribal decks, or MyFantasyTribal (for example there isn't the tribal "potion and witches" but would be lovely to create cars on this theme), combos, strategy...the only limit is the code that is on your hands :D
Takhen

Postby Scion of Darkness » 18 Apr 2013, 08:06

4 Horobi, Death's Wail (Whole deck revolves around, Spirit)
4 Strangleroot Geist (Spirit)
4 Bloodghast (Spirit)
2 Thrun, the Last Troll (Beater with Hexproof)
3 Troll Ascetic (Beater with Hexproof)
[17 Creatures]

4 Duress (Get stuff we can't kill)
4 Rancor (Use on my creatures before Horobi, use to kill creatures for G after Horobi)
3 Steely Resolve (Name Spirits)
2 Darkblast (Kill early creatures, can get back when needed)
3 Time of Need (Get Horobi or even Thrun if needed)
2 Cauldron Haze (One-sided wrath for 2 mana? Sure!)
1 Cauldron of Souls (One sided wrath each turn)
[19 Spells]

this looks good
Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 18 Apr 2013, 10:58

I thought to create the list by our self but it seems good :)

For example I would use more Cauldron of souls, because with it or two of it he can't absolutely use creatures
Or I would use beaon of unrest for both creatures we destroy from the game of the enemy or for horobi (very useful and very easy to destroy for the enemy)

However if you like we could strart from here and see during the test :) (PS: the sideboard if displayed would be useful to ad in unlocked cards)
Takhen

Postby Scion of Darkness » 18 Apr 2013, 12:58

Thats the spirit i was looking here, my sugestions was made searching for the combo online but it has room for improvement, as the deck dont need 24 lands, i've the xmls almost ready just need to pack it all maybe tomorrow night i'll send it to you, tonight i'll finish my kiln fiend themed deck and the black scion clerics for friday night releases, maybe more people will join us here, because i work in shifts sometimes gets dificult to show here

*edit* sideboard itself i dont know if its doable now as some time ago when i tried that the game wouldn't save the changes of custom decks
Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 18 Apr 2013, 19:35

I will wait :)
Takhen

Postby Scion of Darkness » 20 Apr 2013, 00:50

Test deck ;) use it, abuse it, give me suggestions hehehe this will hit prime time next Friday after more testing, who will be the planeswalker using this deck?
Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 20 Apr 2013, 14:47

Which program do you suggest to test? I use forge sometimes, but I always win, so I don't know if the combo is too strong or is the AI that is easier than DOTP

However, if you like to know, the list I did, that was testing (white-black, I wanted more than a version, and I started the white) is

4 horobi, death's wail
2 yosei, morning star
4 fiend hunter
4 doomed necromancer
2 lost auramancer
2 auramancer

2 endless whispers
2 grave pact
2 priviliged position/asceticism
4 promise of bunrei (this white card I like a lot was a reason that make me want to make the deck white, but I also wanted a spirit&arcane and I failed if I wanted to make the deck stronger)

2 cauldron of souls

2 beacon of unrest
2 demonic tutor

3 cauldron haze
2 horobi whisper (useful more for the theme that for the strategy...)

4 DESERT, very useful
4 isolate chapel
4 marsh flats

...then plains and swamps
Takhen

Postby Scion of Darkness » 20 Apr 2013, 20:03

The link i posted has a zip with a .wad for dopt ive been playing with the deck against the ui and its doing fairly well the use my zip with my core wad and give me some feedback i now its missing some textures but ill upload it later
Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 20 Apr 2013, 22:04

I don't see links...
Takhen

Postby Scion of Darkness » 21 Apr 2013, 12:45

Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 22 Apr 2013, 12:39

I took a look

In first we should delete if possible the plains' auto adding caused by cauldron's haze
the same cauldron's haze and similar to target creatures is too much used
I think that desert and rancor are already a lot because the very strong is in the Cauldron of souls

The green card that should give shroud doesn't seems to ask for a creature type...

However I can't give so many advices, because the deck from your link is very different from mine and the spirits' one you posted before
Takhen

Postby Scion of Darkness » 22 Apr 2013, 13:13

The green shroud card is the best implementation of it, since there are lots of card times making a creature query is to much, removing the plain is simple and the wad i have now has the missing pictures fixed, rancor its a card that i have some questions about keeping it or not, but i don't know what to merge yet (some ideas would be great) but keeping the green color would be a must, since the horobi without the hexproof its a sitting duck to kill, on the games i've played when the card was unprotected the ai killed the card without second toughts, one time it spended a followed footsetps on it just to remove the horobi from game, if you have some ideas of improvement i'l put them here
Scion of Darkness

Postby Takhen » 22 Apr 2013, 19:56

I suggest to bases the deck on that you posted that was good, that in your link misses a lot of things
Other than that, my suggestions from my old "studies" could be

Desert used as targeter
Endless Whispers that make creatures you destroy become yours
Beacon of Unrest and Necrotic Ooze could make utility from the creatures you destroy
Doomed Necromancer is not a spirit, but is useful if he destroys horobi (also the beacon)
Flesh Allergy could be a closure if you destroy all creatures but it isn't so important

Promised Kannushi could be useful if your horobi is destroyed
Kodama North is strong with Shroud, but not so important

PS: I like rancor, because you have always in your hand, so if he destroys horobi you can give +2 or +4 if you have more to get time
However I think a sideboard is possible if you modify since 18 (if I remember) decks
Takhen

Next

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers