It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:08

Text Size

MTG Tactics Image Extraction & D13 Expansion WAD

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

MTG Tactics Image Extraction & D13 Expansion WAD

Postby skibulk » 08 May 2013, 19:10

Firstly, The MTG Tactics game has some nice quality card art in it - the same resolution as the DotP games. They could be useful for modding :) I extracted some of the artwork, but I cannot access most of it. I'm not sure if all the artwork is downloaded with the game, as some of the content is unlocked by purchasing new cards. Is there anybody here who knows how to get all of the images out?

I haven't actually played the game, but this list suggests there are about 400 cards: http://www.onlinegamekey.com/cardlist.php

I'm not sure of the resolution of the artwork for these cards as the pictures on the website are LQ.

See attached card and HQ artwork that I was able to extract successfully.

Secondly, I'm still looking for somebody to upload their D13 DLC Expansion WADs. Once I have it I'll extract the images, rename everything, and upload to the Images forum on this site. I have the Base game wads, plus the deck packs 1,2, and 3.
Attachments
scene0904.png
accumulated-knowledge.jpg
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Re: MTG Tactics Image Extraction & D13 Expansion WAD

Postby thefiremind » 08 May 2013, 20:45

skibulk wrote:Secondly, I'm still looking for somebody to upload their D13 DLC Expansion WADs. Once I have it I'll extract the images, rename everything, and upload to the Images forum on this site. I have the Base game wads, plus the deck packs 1,2, and 3.
I can't remember which ones you are missing, anyway here you can find deck packs 1, 2, 3.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 08 May 2013, 21:15

I've got everything for D10, D12, & D13 - except the D13 expansion pack (I've already got the deck packs). I've posted the extracts for D10 and D12 to the boards already.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby thefiremind » 08 May 2013, 22:59

skibulk wrote:I've got everything for D10, D12, & D13 - except the D13 expansion pack (I've already got the deck packs).
OK, then you should find here what's missing. I included only TDX and XML files, with no duplicates (of course you'll find yourself with some duplicates because of the cards that you already have from other packs).

About Tactics, I downloaded the game and now it's downloading additional data. Too bad it starts from the audio files. :lol:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 May 2013, 00:09

Thanks TheFiremind!

Quick question, What are these tokens from the core D13 files? I assume Elemental and Wurm?

For D12 I have 792 Cards, 38 Schemes, and 38 Tokens. I'm beginning to think this is just the base card count. After reviewing the official deck lists, I believe that the DLC expansion I for D12 did not add new cards, but merely reused cards already present? For the deck packs however, new cards were added? Do you know if these were posted anywhere?

As for Tactics, I was able to pull 86 Good images from the game. But I'm still confused on the 400 cards that are obtainable in the game though...
Attachments
143947.png
143964.png
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby thefiremind » 09 May 2013, 09:05

skibulk wrote:Quick question, What are these tokens from the core D13 files? I assume Elemental and Wurm?
Are you sure that they come from the core D13 files? I can't recognize them and I can't find a core card that uses those illustrations with the art ID in their name.

skibulk wrote:I believe that the DLC expansion I for D12 did not add new cards, but merely reused cards already present?
Yes, that's what happened: the cards were already in the core and the expansion used them. I discovered that it's usual to do this for Xbox games because it's more practical for the live distribution (can't remember the details).

skibulk wrote:For the deck packs however, new cards were added? Do you know if these were posted anywhere?
The deck packs contained new cards. But let me check if you really miss them before making another upload: do you recognize missing a lot of the cards listed in the following decks?
-- attachment removed, I have the answer now --

skibulk wrote:As for Tactics, I was able to pull 86 Good images from the game. But I'm still confused on the 400 cards that are obtainable in the game though...
From what I have seen, I think that the illustrations you (and me) pulled out weren't used for cards, but for cutscenes or something like that, which would explain why they are all called "scene<number>.dds". For cards they probably don't use separated arts. It's better than nothing, though: for example I don't think there was a hi-quality image for Dragon Tyrant available, but we can find it there.
Last edited by thefiremind on 09 May 2013, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 May 2013, 14:44

Ah I mixed together the token folders. Those are from the expansion. I now have everything for D13 in order. I've consolidated the downloads into a new topic: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10298&p=117656#p117656. I've posted my MTG Tactics files there. I'm missing dragon tyrant. Do you have anything else I failed to extract?

And yes, I am missing the cards from each of the three D12 deck packs.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby thefiremind » 09 May 2013, 14:59

skibulk wrote:I've posted my MTG Tactics files there. I'm missing dragon tyrant. Do you have anything else I failed to extract?
I don't know, I just kept all the DDS files whose name begins with "scene" and threw away the rest. I'll upload them all as soon as possible (I'll leave to you the conversion from DDS to PNG or whatever you like).

skibulk wrote:And yes, I am missing the cards from each of the three D12 deck packs.
OK, I'll upload them as well.

Another thing that I remembered concerning hi-quality art: maybe you already know (there's a very high chance you do), anyway look at the information on this topic:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... rt_Gallery
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 May 2013, 15:18

The conversion may be where I lost some of em. I'm using some old software that choked on a bunch of the dds files. What are you using?

thefiremind wrote:Another thing that I remembered concerning hi-quality art: maybe you already know (there's a very high chance you do), anyway look at the information on this topic:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... rt_Gallery
That's Awesome. Thanks!
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby thefiremind » 09 May 2013, 15:40

skibulk wrote:The conversion may be where I lost some of em. I'm using some old software that choked on a bunch of the dds files. What are you using?
Now that I downloaded your pack, I saw that you aren't missing anything (you have Dragon Tyrant as well). Anyway, I can open DDS files with Paint.NET and IrfanView.

Link for D12 deck packs (XML and TDX only)
Note that there are some cards with no illustrations, just ignore them: the deck packs I got were extracted from the Xbox version which contained some files that seemed like a work started but never finished. They weren't present at all in the PC version so there are no missing pictures.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby skibulk » 09 May 2013, 15:44

Oh I just missed it (numbers for names makes it easy to overlook).

Thanks for all your help!
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers