It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:40

Text Size

Editing Art: How to open .tdx files?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Editing Art: How to open .tdx files?

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 12 Jun 2013, 18:29

So, I'm trying to get into modding DOTP, starting with 2009. So far, everything's been working out, all the decks and custom cards work, I can open the WAD, and everything. There's just one little thing...

How do you open the card and deck art? I've used Windows Media Gallery, FileViewPro, Paint-dot-net, and alot of those programs, but I just can't seem to find any way that allows me to open and modify the .tdx cards...

And where do I find the art for the deck avatars (i.e. that little picture that's besides each deck when you go into the deck editor and in the opponents' avatar during a match); how do I change those for a deck?

Thanks!
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Re: Editing Art: How to open .tdx files?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 12 Jun 2013, 19:19

Use Gibbed Tools TdxConvert to convert the images to PNG (Portable Network Graphics) images that can be opened by just about any image editing program. Then when you are ready just use TdxConvert to change it back to TDX.

For image locations I am going to assume you mean for DotP 2013 as the locations vary per game.

Deck Box images and Preview Card Images can be found in the WADs under DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\DECKS\

AI Personality images (the images that the planeswalkers use) can be found in the WADs under DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PLANESWALKERS\

Card Images can be found in the WADs under DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS\

Player Images can be found in the WADs under DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PERSONAS\

Card Frame images can be found in the WADs under DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\CARD_FRAMES\

Basically they are all in the WADs under the ART_ASSESTS directory right where you would expect them.

As for how to change the deck box and card preview images for a deck you will need to name the files specifically and reference them in the Deck XML for the deck you want to change them for.

As for changing AI Personality images you will need to name them specifically and reference them in the AI Personality XML for the personality you are changing. To change the personality used for a deck you need to edit the Deck XML and change the "personality" attribute.

Of course if you are just building a new deck you could just use my deck builder (link in signature) and it can assist you with building appropriate images for the Deck and the AI Personality.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 12 Jun 2013, 22:18

Ha, so that's what TdxConfig does... I guess I should have read it more slowly...

Anyways, I'm modding 2009, 2012 and 2014 when it comes out. Unfortunately 2013 is on my PS3 so I don't think I can add any custom content...

So, where do I reference the image in the XML for 2009 and 2012? Do I do it under the UiD (or what was that really long 9-10 digit number called)? And does your deckbuilder work for 2012?

Thanks for the help!
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby RiiakShiNal » 12 Jun 2013, 22:34

GrovyleXShinyCelebi wrote:Anyways, I'm modding 2009, 2012 and 2014 when it comes out. Unfortunately 2013 is on my PS3 so I don't think I can add any custom content...

So, where do I reference the image in the XML for 2009 and 2012? Do I do it under the UiD (or what was that really long 9-10 digit number called)? And does your deckbuilder work for 2012?
Ohh, back in time, I didn't really mod for 2012 so I can't really help you with that one. My deck builder only works for DotP 2013 at the moment, but an industrious person could take the source and modify it to create versions that work for DotP 2012 or even DotP 2010 though it could take a lot of work (especially for DotP 2010).

In the card XML in DotP 2010 you will use the ARTID value to figure out which image is used by which card. The location of card images in DotP 2010 is in the WADs under DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS\.

For determining which avatar image is used for a deck you will look at the AI Opponents XML for the AVATAR_IMAGE and the DISPLAY_DECK. The AVATAR_IMAGE is quite obviously the image for the Avatar. The DISPLAY_DECK is the deck for which the Avatar will be used. The FAVOURED_DECK is the deck that the AI Opponent will use when you select them.

Most of the images used are included under DATA_PC\DATA_SHARED\ART_ASSETS\.

No-one really know what modding will be like for DotP 2014, but it is highly likely NOT going to be like DotP 2010 (that modding style has pretty much gone away, it was annoying to work with anyway and lacks many of the features we now have, but it did have the advantage of all deck configurations being saved). We expect modding for DotP 2014 to be somewhat similar to DotP 2013.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 13 Jun 2013, 14:41

Cool, thanks.

One last thing, does anyone have a copy of their Data_DLC_0005.wad, Data_DLC_006.wad, and Data_DLC_007.wad for Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 (or whatever that third deck peck one is)? I think my third deck pack is kind of messed up, and I need all three deck packs functioning to use alot of the mods for that game (I already have the game, expansion and stuff working).

Again, many thanks!
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby daenon611 » 13 Jun 2013, 17:46

Here they are ...

Exp. 1 ist in 0001
Deck Pack 1 - 3 are in 0002 - 0004
0005 - 0007 seem to be empty to me ...
Attachments
magic the gathering dotp 2012.rar
(21.58 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
daenon611

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 13 Jun 2013, 18:12

Oh, if Deck Pack 3 is somewhere in 0002 - 0004, could you send the file with that deck pack? It's the only one not working.

Again, many thanks!
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby BloodReyvyn » 13 Jun 2013, 20:50

"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 14 Jun 2013, 13:45

Wait a minute... these are DotP 2013 files, I need DotP 2012 files (as said I am unable to mod 2013 as I have it on my PS3 which I believe is unmoddable)!

Anyways, after I get this already sorted out, I'm gonna download some already-made mods to see if they actually work, then make some custom content of my own!

Thanks!
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers