It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:08

Text Size

problems with windows 8

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

problems with windows 8

Postby kriter » 25 Oct 2013, 16:20

hi, hi guys....i'm new here....first of all sorry for my english isn't my mother languaje....ok lets go with my problem...

i have problems with dotp 2014, i can intall the game in windows 8 without problems, but when i run it, i can play it, my screen comes black and then a messaje appears telling me, the game crash, anyone know why this happen? or maybe have the same problem???

thanks all for answer n.n
kriter

Re: problems with windows 8

Postby thefiremind » 25 Oct 2013, 17:58

I don't think it depends on Windows 8: even though many people use to blame everything on the newest Windows version, I can run DotP2014 on it just fine. :mrgreen:
The recommendations are always the same for this kind of problems: make sure your video card drivers are updated, and if they are, try to reinstall the game.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

problem with dotp 2013

Postby kotzen » 19 Jun 2014, 00:55

I have the same problem still cannot find solution to the problem, when i start the game it crashes.. :( hope you guys can help
kotzen

Postby HominidSmashq » 11 Jul 2014, 02:04

Just had my gf install the same mods i have on my win 7 machine, had windows 8 but i hate it so i went back to 7, not the issue here. However it loads until you click to get to the menu then it crashes. No idea why, I'm literally running every mod she is im not crashing she is. She installed the video drivers before she even installed steam. So it's not that.

Is there like a Win 8 patch or something to fix this?
HominidSmashq

Postby RiiakShiNal » 11 Jul 2014, 13:15

HominidSmashq wrote:Just had my gf install the same mods i have on my win 7 machine, had windows 8 but i hate it so i went back to 7, not the issue here. However it loads until you click to get to the menu then it crashes. No idea why, I'm literally running every mod she is im not crashing she is. She installed the video drivers before she even installed steam. So it's not that.
If it crashed when she clicked to go to the menu then she has likely missed one of the required mods for a deck (missing cards). Missing cards can be pinpointed pretty quickly by using my Deck Builder and looking at the errors that pop-up on load. Granted there is also the possibility that you are running a cracked version of the game which doesn't crash from missing cards which would then explain why only one of you is crashing from the exact same set of mods.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers