It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:02

Text Size

How do i use custom decks online???

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How do i use custom decks online???

Postby StAtS » 22 Dec 2013, 17:21

I;m trying to use custom decks online. I have been searching on here to see how i get to do so but have yet to find that info in full break down. I guess what i want to know is the exact way i am supposed to do this if i need to play a file somewhere. I heard i'm supposed to share the folder with someone like a friend or so but if that is true where to i paste the file or folder to and is there something i'm missing. If someone can answer this please be a detailed as possible. i do appreciate your help and time in this matter very much. Thank you...
StAtS

Re: How do i use custom decks online???

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Dec 2013, 17:55

To play a custom deck online you and all the players in the game (up to 3 other players if playing a 4 person FFA or Two-Headed Giant game) must have exactly the same wads as well as the same version of the game.

How you share the wads is irrelevant (you can put them up for download, pass around a flash drive, e-mail small wads, etc...) as the only thing that matters is that all players have the exact same version of the game and wads. All wads go into each player's base game directory (same place as the game's executable). If even a single wad of any of the players is different in any way you will have problems trying to play online.

It has also been reported that even if everyone has the same version of the game and the exact same wads that there may still be problems playing online (such as crashes starting or after finishing a match).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby StAtS » 22 Dec 2013, 17:59

so how would we obtain the same version of the game could i just send my friend my version of the game or what should i do?
and thanks very much for your reply that did explain and help me understand this issue better
StAtS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Dec 2013, 18:07

If you are both using the Steam version of the game then all you have to do is make sure that both of you are using the current updated version (by allowing Steam to update the game whenever it wants). If you are somehow using a cracked version of the game with GreenLuma or something then yes, you would have to send your friend a copy of the cracked version you are using along with all necessary instructions on how to set it up.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby StAtS » 22 Dec 2013, 18:31

well this is my issue i sent him all my files of my game he has the same thing when we try to start a game it say's you cannot play with this person? why is that
StAtS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Dec 2013, 20:59

That has got to be because one of you has one or more wads that the other person either does not have or is different in some way. It is possible that he has files that you don't.

Also note that what we call Wads actually covers 2 things:
  1. Files that have the extension ".Wad"
  2. Directories that are named and configured with an appropriate Wad header.

Most game data is stored in the 1st type of Wad as are most mods (this is for ease of download and installation). However, you can also have the 2nd type of Wad as well. This is especially true for people who use my Deck Builder and have used the option to "Setup Custom Data Folder" which creates a folder named "DATA_DLC_DECK_BUILDER_CUSTOM" which starts off empty except for a header, but people generally add cards and/or other data to this directory which could potentially make it very unique to each individual.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers