It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:50

Text Size

Magic 2013: What do I do with card .xml files?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Magic 2013: What do I do with card .xml files?

Postby PieCUres » 23 Dec 2013, 07:40

I've just recently started playing DotP 2013, I know it may be a little older, but I bought it due to a Steam sale. But that's off subject. I wanted to know how I put in custom cards like one can put in the DLC decks made by the modders here. I've been using one of the deck creaters on this site and I assume that it uses the cards from all the decks in the game, including the one for modder's DLC decks. But I wanted to know if it is even possible to put individual cards into the game or be usable from the deck builder I got. The card generators on this site all give me the card in a .xml file so I was wondering what I did with those. The deck builder program I've been using is Riiaks DotP 2013 Deck Builder v1.4.2.1 x86, if that will help with anything. Thanks for any help!
PieCUres

Re: Magic 2013: What do I do with card .xml files?

Postby MC Brodie » 23 Dec 2013, 14:46

I don't have the time to give a detailed explanation but I'd suggest reading this post here:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=8290#p99665

It gives some beginner support on how to get into modding. To briefly answer your question, download the test deck in that zip file, unpack it using the method outlined in that post then you can put your xml files into the "CARDS" folder. When you re-pack the xml and put it into the game directory, the deck builder you are using should be able to recognize the cards you've created.

Another note, the card generator you are using most likely only produces the localized text and general structure of the card. For simple cards this may be sufficient though for most cards you will need to code the card yourself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Re: Magic 2013: What do I do with card .xml files?

Postby PieCUres » 23 Dec 2013, 16:05

Alright, thanks a bunch!
PieCUres

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers