It is currently 20 May 2024, 21:58

Text Size

Riiaks deck builder, mod deck saves and correct game setting

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Riiaks deck builder, mod deck saves and correct game setting

Postby AngelLestat » 28 Dec 2013, 18:50

Three questions:

1- Using Riiaks Deck builder, if me and a friend share the same mod decks and files. We can made a new deck (with that deck builder) using cards found it in the different mods and play each other without send each other the new generated wad files?

2- There is a new method to keep the changes that we made in the mod decks? I read in a old post that the only possibility is make a new deck with the cards ordered like we want.
But in that case we are adding a new deck to the menu and maybe our friends needs to have the new wad as well. Maybe someone find a new way to solve this problem.

3- What is the correct game settings that I need to have?
For example? I need to allow syncro Steam Cloud for magic 2014?
I need to allow in the game options-settings "server-driven content" ?
AngelLestat

Re: Riiaks deck builder, mod deck saves and correct game set

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Dec 2013, 19:42

AngelLestat wrote:1- Using Riiaks Deck builder, if me and a friend share the same mod decks and files. We can made a new deck (with that deck builder) using cards found it in the different mods and play each other without send each other the new generated wad files?
No, for online matches all players in the match must have exactly the same wads because any deck created with the Deck Builder is in its own wad it must also be shared or else you can't play together. The contents of the wads do not seem to matter much (it could just be images that have no effect on actual gameplay), just having the exact same wads (of the same versions) is necessary.

AngelLestat wrote:2- There is a new method to keep the changes that we made in the mod decks? I read in a old post that the only possibility is make a new deck with the cards ordered like we want.
But in that case we are adding a new deck to the menu and maybe our friends needs to have the new wad as well. Maybe someone find a new way to solve this problem.
Currently the only way to keep customized mod decks is to create a new deck customized the way you wanted. This is due to the fact that DotP 2014 only supports saving a fixed number of decks to the profile (which does not include our modded decks) as such any customizations made to modded decks resets when you exit the game. Fixing this requires making changes to the game engine itself which we lack the skills to do. Even then because the executable would have to be changed it would not be possible to use such a mod on Steam making online play virtually impossible with it.

AngelLestat wrote:3- What is the correct game settings that I need to have?
For example? I need to allow syncro Steam Cloud for magic 2014?
I need to allow in the game options-settings "server-driven content" ?
I'm limited in what help I can provide you here as I don't play online.

The only version I have actually heard about people playing successfully online is the Steam version. If there is a cracked version that works online then I have yet to hear about it. Server driven content is required to be enabled to unlock promo cards, though I don't know if it is actually necessary for online play. As far as I can tell Steam Cloud is only if you want to save your profile on the cloud so you can access it anywhere, the profile is also stored locally on your machine so if you always play on the same computer then it shouldn't matter.

As for any other settings that are related to online play those will have to be answered by those who actually play online.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: Riiaks deck builder, mod deck saves and correct game set

Postby AngelLestat » 28 Dec 2013, 21:41

Ok, that was clear enoght.
Thanks a lot Riiak.

I am using many of your mods already.. Good work.
AngelLestat

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers