It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:35

Text Size

DotP 2015 Announced

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2015 Announced

Postby damienx45 » 21 Jul 2014, 19:33

hey grovyle can ya explain what i am doing wrong with these files i replaced the files inside the main game folder with the ones from here but all i get is an error when i try to launch the game
damienx45

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 21 Jul 2014, 19:59

damienx45 wrote:hey grovyle can ya explain what i am doing wrong with these files i replaced the files inside the main game folder with the ones from here but all i get is an error when i try to launch the game
By "files" do you mean the folder with CARDS in it or the .dll/executable files that sumomole provided? In the case of the cracked .dll/executable, if you're playing a legitimate version of the game (i.e. you bought it from Steam) did you remember to block the executable with your firewall? (if you're using Windows 7 go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings, go to Inbound Rules, create a New Rule, choose Program as its type, choose the DotP_D15.exe file where you run the game, choose block to block it; and do the same for Outbound Rules as well)

So there still isn't a way to unlock the premium cards?
Unfortunately no :(
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby damienx45 » 21 Jul 2014, 20:07

actually i'm using the version codex uploaded to TPB torrent site. and i took the cracked files replace the files that came from the game and when i launched the game i get a fatal error message and then it closes
damienx45

Postby Scion of Darkness » 21 Jul 2014, 20:17

damienx45 wrote:actually i'm using the version codex uploaded to TPB torrent site. and i took the cracked files replace the files that came from the game and when i launched the game i get a fatal error message and then it closes
Did you lauch the game with administrator rights on the first time? I was using codex too, and made the same steps as you but the first time i tried to launch the game it FC but after runnig it with previleges now it runs normally even launching it normally.

I think since the 3dm crack has to create some folders inside the game installation root, it really needs that administrations rights, after folders creations we are good to go
Scion of Darkness

Postby damienx45 » 21 Jul 2014, 20:39

okay so for now we can only use the cards that came with the cracked 3dm right? i mean we can't use other cards right.
damienx45

Postby sweetLu » 21 Jul 2014, 21:14

No sumomole made Angel of Serenity a couple of posts back. I think what this means is we have a limited card pool (set to whatever the number of cards people actually have access to in the game) that we can overwrite. So for instance someone can make a mod of 300 cards to completely replace the pool currently in the game. No matter what we do though, we cannot have a pool larger than what is in the vanilla game.

That's just my take on where we stand right now. I could be wrong and/or we may find a way around this in the future.
sweetLu

Postby drleg3nd » 21 Jul 2014, 21:20

maybe we should move this topic to 2015 folder, almost missed this lol.. tbh im just waiting for modding to be available now cuz this game does not seem very enjoyable to me without 2hg with my buddy.. hearthstone is taking majority of time now.
drleg3nd

Postby thefiremind » 21 Jul 2014, 21:24

sweetLu wrote:I think what this means is we have a limited card pool (set to whatever the number of cards people actually have access to in the game) that we can overwrite. So for instance someone can make a mod of 300 cards to completely replace the pool currently in the game. No matter what we do though, we cannot have a pool larger than what is in the vanilla game.
As it stands now, yes. And the new cards must keep the filename and the Multiverse ID of the card they are overwriting.

I tried to make Blustersquall, in order to test overload, just with this:
Code: Select all
  <UTILITY_ABILITY qualifier="Overload">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Overload {3}{U}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST mana_cost="{3}{U}" type="Mana" />
  </UTILITY_ABILITY>
...but nothing happened (the spell was considered as if the ability wasn't there at all).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby damienx45 » 21 Jul 2014, 21:36

so if i want to replce elder of laurels with elvish piper i would leave the filename and multiverse id that the elder of luarels has and just replce everything else with elvish pipers coding, is that what you mean fire? or can i only replace it with the cards that are in the card folder?
damienx45

Postby thefiremind » 21 Jul 2014, 21:39

damienx45 wrote:so if i want to replce elder of laurels with elvish piper i would leave the filename and multiverse id that the elder of luarels has and just replce everything else with elvish pipers coding, is that what you mean fire?
Exactly.

Bad news about Planeswalkers: if I give the Planeswalker type to a card, the game gets stuck on loading. :(
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sweetLu » 21 Jul 2014, 22:12

I took a look at a few cards and here are some things I've noticed:

• Some people have been commenting on the kicker for cards not working correctly. In 2015 Kicker is coded using a ZONECHANGE_END trigger and an intervening if to check if the card was kicked. In 2014 kicker was coded using an ZONE_TRANSITION trigger and replacement effect. I'm not a rules guru myself so I don't know which is technically correct but in 2015 kicker isn't working correctly. There are still ZONE_TRANSITION triggers but I haven't looked at enough cards yet to see if there is an equivalent to 2014s replacement effect tag.
  • Yes, the cost of the activated ability for Paragon of Fierce Defiance is incorrectly coded as {1}{R} instead of {R}.
  • It seems as though the localized text for multiple choice questions, etc. are hard coded into cards in a <QUERYTEXT> tag. At first this seems like a huge pain but if we can only make 300 or so different cards and can't add localized text files like we did in 2014, it may not be that bad of an alternative. Though the scry cards do have a bunch of redundant localized text definitions.
  • They added functions to get a player's devotion to a certain color. It will be interesting to see if these will work with hybrid mana costs and devotion to multiple colors.
  • This time the devs seem to have a little sense of humor. One of the tags is:
    <EXPLAIN play_tag="HINT_ABILITY_WEIRD_WHY_PLAY" />
  • It looks like we have some slight modifications on the costs for abilities from looking at Nemesis of Mortals (see below). Though I still don't think cards like Training Grounds will be possible unless we recode every activated ability to include a cost modification block.
    Nemesis of Mortals (2015) | Open
      <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}:蛮化5。你坟墓场中每有一张生物牌,此异能便减少{1}来起动。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G} : Monstruosité 5. Cette capacité coûte {1} de moins à activer pour chaque carte de créature dans votre cimetière.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}: Monstruosidad 5. Cuesta {1} menos activar esta habilidad por cada carta de criatura en tu cementerio.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}: Monstrum 5. Das Aktivieren dieser Fähigkeit kostet für jede Kreaturenkarte in deinem Friedhof {1} weniger.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}: Mostruosità 5. Questa abilità costa {1} in meno per essere attivata per ogni carta creatura nel tuo cimitero.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}:怪物化5を行う。この能力を起動するためのコストは、あなたの墓地にあるクリーチャー・カード1枚につき{1}少なくなる。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}: 괴수화 5. 이 능력은 당신의 무덤에 있는 생물 카드 한 장당 발동하는 데 {1}가 덜 든다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}: Чудовищность 5. Стоимость активации этой способности уменьшается на {1} за каждую карту существа на вашем кладбище.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{7}{G}{G}: Monstruosidade 5. Esta habilidade custa {1} a menos para ser ativada para cada card de criatura no seu cemitério.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <SFX text="MONSTROUS_LUA_PLAY" />
        <COST mana_cost="{7}{G}{G}" type="Mana" />
        <COST_MODIFICATION>
        local filter = ClearFilter()
        filter:Add(FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE)
        filter:SetZone(ZONE_GRAVEYARD, EffectController() )
        MTG():DecreaseCurrentCost( filter:Count() )
        </COST_MODIFICATION>
        <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
        local effectSource = EffectSource()
        if effectSource ~= nil then
           if effectSource:IsMonstrous() == false then
              effectSource:AddCounters( MTG():PlusOnePlusOneCounters(), 5)
              effectSource:BecomeMonstrous(5)
           end
        end
        </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
        <EXPLAIN play_tag="HINT_ABILITY_PUMP_WHY_PLAY" />
        <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="STEP_DECLARE_BLOCKERS" type="window" />
        <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" response_target="1" />
        <AVAILABILITY>
        return Object():IsMonstrous() == false
        </AVAILABILITY>
      </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
I haven't really looked at all the cards yet. This probably isn't the right place to put this. I'm used to using Riiak's deckbuilder when looking at cards because it makes the process very convenient. I tried loading 2015 cards using the 2014 deck builder and none of them showed up. I Riiak put checks in the builder so it wouldn't show improperly formatted cards. Riiak, how easy would it be to modify the 2014 deck builder to just read the 2015 cards? If it is simple I can make the changes on my end. If it is involved, just ignore this request :) .
Last edited by sweetLu on 21 Jul 2014, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
sweetLu

Postby Scion of Darkness » 21 Jul 2014, 22:20

The big question right now is we have a 300 aprox card pool but isnt the same cards used by NPC decks? By changin cards wont we destroy enemy decks? And if i port a custom card how about tdx files? Where do se store them?
Scion of Darkness

Postby sweetLu » 21 Jul 2014, 22:31

Scion of Darkness wrote:The big question right now is we have a 300 aprox card pool but isnt the same cards used by NPC decks? By changin cards wont we destroy enemy decks? And if i port a custom card how about tdx files? Where do se store them?
That's a good question. I never thought about destroying enemy decks. Though it wouldn't be too bad because it is really only worth it to overwrite cards in the player's pool so it would only mess up cards that are used in both places. The campaign does use a lot of cards that are not offered to the player so the consequences may not be too bad.

As for the art, yes it is possible but I'm not sure how. Again, sumo pasted a picture of Angel of Serenity a few pages back so it can be done.
sweetLu

Postby thefiremind » 21 Jul 2014, 22:44

sweetLu wrote:Some people have been commenting on the kicker for cards not working correctly. In 2015 Kicker is coded using a ZONECHANGE_END trigger and an intervening if to check if the card was kicked. In 2014 kicker was coded using an ZONE_TRANSITION trigger and replacement effect. I'm not a rules guru myself so I don't know which is technically correct but in 2015 kicker isn't working correctly. There are still ZONE_TRANSITION triggers but I haven't looked at enough cards yet to see if there is an equivalent to 2014s replacement effect tag.
The problem is that they use EffectSource():WasKicked(), but if the EffectSource() pointer is wiped, the function fails. I think the best fix is to use EffectSourceLKI():WasKicked().

sweetLu wrote:It seems as though the localized text for multiple choice questions, etc. are hard coded into cards in a <QUERYTEXT> tag. At first this seems like a huge pain but if we can only make 300 or so different cards and can't add localized text files like we did in 2014, it may not be that bad of an alternative. Though the scry cards do have a bunch of redundant localized text definitions.
I hope we will be able to use Excel-style XML files like we always did: referencing is better than repeating in this case (you save space, and if you make a mistake you have only one place to fix).

sweetLu wrote:They added functions to get a player's devotion to a certain color. It will be interesting to see if these will work with hybrid mana costs and devotion to multiple colors
I have just tried, and it works! I tried to set Nylea's Disciple's cost to {2} {GU} {GU}, then changed her code to EffectController():GetDevotionTo(COLOUR_GREEN, COLOUR_BLUE). When the card entered the battlefield I was controlling 2 blue permanents with only 1 {U} each, and I correctly gained 4 life. The dual-colored Theros gods won't be a problem!

sweetLu wrote:This time the devs seem to have a little sense of humor. One of the tags is:
<EXPLAIN play_tag="HINT_ABILITY_WEIRD_WHY_PLAY" />
I think that the EXPLAIN probably does something for players that keep all the tips activated.

sweetLu wrote:It looks like we have some slight modifications on the costs for abilities from looking at Nemesis of Mortals (see below). Though I still don't think cards like Training Grounds will be possible unless we recode every activated ability to include a cost modification block.
Yeah, that's very limited. Actually, judging from a quick search on Gatherer, Nemesis of Mortals is the only card with an activated ability that modifies its own cost. :lol: But maybe we can use the COST_MODIFICATION for Elite Arcanist, it depends on whether we can access LinkedDC from within the COST_MODIFICATION or not. We can't.

Scion of Darkness wrote:The big question right now is we have a 300 aprox card pool but isnt the same cards used by NPC decks? By changin cards wont we destroy enemy decks?
Some cards are used in the AI decks but aren't in the player pool. For those that are in both places... well, probably yes. Anyway, I won't be doing anything permanent as long as the situation stays like this, just some tests. When we can all finally open DATA_000.ZED, maybe we'll discover better ways to proceed.

Scion of Darkness wrote:And if i port a custom card how about tdx files? Where do se store them?
I haven't tried yet, but sumomole did it, so I guess it's the same as usual: create folders for the path Content\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS\ and place TDX files there.
Last edited by thefiremind on 21 Jul 2014, 23:37, edited 2 times in total.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 21 Jul 2014, 23:02

I did a bit more experimenting with "substituting" cards in 2015; know how there are two "copies" of the card in the files - one in a D15_[INSERT-PLANE-HERE]_PLAYER_POOL .XML file and another with a card file with the same name as the card like in 2014 (i.e. ARTFUL_DODGE_380186)? Well, it seems that the game will only make the card available to the player (i.e. it appearing in the card collection, deck builder) if it is in the PLAYER_POOL file. It doesn't seem to matter if the card file with the card's name is in the directory, but if the PLAYER_POOL file is absent, even if the card with the card's name is still in the directory the game will not recognize that card's existence.

I have a hunch (and this is really just an untested assumption) that the player and the AI decks (i.e. in campaign) both use different cards. The cards that the AI uses are the ones with the card's name, while the player's cards for the deck builder are all in the PLAYER_POOL files. Changing the cards in the POOL cards might not affect the cards the AI decks get.

Long story short, if you're going to mod cards, mod the versions in the PLAYER_POOL files (and add just those to the CARDS directory).

I haven't tried yet, but sumomole did it, so I guess it's the same as usual: create folders for the path Content\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS\ and place TDX files there.
I tried that (making a folder called ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS in the Content folder), and it didn't work. The game must be using someplace else to store their card art.
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers