It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:16

Text Size

DotP 2015 Announced

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2015 Announced

Postby damienx45 » 21 Jul 2014, 23:35

first off i don't know what you guys are talking about i have looked for all those folders/files and can't find them:this is all i have thats in the game directory.

Capture.PNG

and i have no unpacked DATA_000.ZED file
damienx45

Postby thefiremind » 21 Jul 2014, 23:38

GrovyleXShinyCelebi wrote:Long story short, if you're going to mod cards, mod the versions in the PLAYER_POOL files (and add just those to the CARDS directory).
You probably didn't enter a duel when trying: if I don't include the modified stand-alone file, I see the original card in game.

GrovyleXShinyCelebi wrote:I tried that (making a folder called ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS in the Content folder), and it didn't work. The game must be using someplace else to store their card art.
Then we'll have to wait for sumomole to tell us how.

damienx45 wrote:first off i don't know what you guys are talking about i have looked for all those folders/files and can't find them:this is all i have thats in the game directory.
You forgot a directory: CARDS must be put inside another directory called Content. You are also missing the file that sumomole added back in this topic, 3DM_CEG.dll.

damienx45 wrote:and i have no unpacked DATA_000.ZED file
Just as everybody here. Only 3DM group managed to unpack it, for now.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby damienx45 » 21 Jul 2014, 23:52

so do i just open one of the D15 player_pool.xmls and trade out card codes or is there something else that needs to be done first. i made a content folder and placed the card folder inside the content folder, and i do have the file that sumomole posted just not in the directory yet.
damienx45

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Jul 2014, 00:00

sweetLu wrote:I haven't really looked at all the cards yet. This probably isn't the right place to put this. I'm used to using Riiak's deckbuilder when looking at cards because it makes the process very convenient. I tried loading 2015 cards using the 2014 deck builder and none of them showed up. I Riiak put checks in the builder so it wouldn't show improperly formatted cards. Riiak, how easy would it be to modify the 2014 deck builder to just read the 2015 cards? If it is simple I can make the changes on my end. If it is involved, just ignore this request :) .
The Deck Builder has several checks to prevent trying to load in certain circumstances like if the cards are not in a properly set up and named WAD directory then the builder doesn't even bother looking for them.

I haven't had a chance to look at the card code yet, but updating to read the DotP 2015 card format should be relatively easy, it still won't be able to read the ZED files though (until we figure out the format).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby sweetLu » 22 Jul 2014, 00:22

RiiakShiNal wrote:I haven't had a chance to look at the card code yet, but updating to read the DotP 2015 card format should be relatively easy, it still won't be able to read the ZED files though (until we figure out the format).
Yes I know. I took the xml files sumo posted and formatted it as a 2014 directory based wad like the attached.
Attachments
DATA_DLC_NEW_CARDS.rar
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 336 times
sweetLu

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Jul 2014, 00:52

sweetLu wrote:Yes I know. I took the xml files sumo posted and formatted it as a 2014 directory based wad like the attached.
I just looked at your zip and tried it out and all the cards loaded (with the exception of those in the pool XMLs since the builder doesn't have code to process those, the Builder looks for a CARD_V2 tag at the top level not the CARDS tag with a bunch of CARD_V2s inside). So other than adding code for the extra bits that 2015 added it already reads the cards quite well (which you probably already know by this point).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby damienx45 » 22 Jul 2014, 01:10

so is it possible to use the 2014 cards instead of the 2015 cards from the folder? can you switch out the D15 cards from the folder with cards from D14?
damienx45

Postby sweetLu » 22 Jul 2014, 01:33

RiiakShiNal wrote:
sweetLu wrote:Yes I know. I took the xml files sumo posted and formatted it as a 2014 directory based wad like the attached.
I just looked at your zip and tried it out and all the cards loaded (with the exception of those in the pool XMLs since the builder doesn't have code to process those, the Builder looks for a CARD_V2 tag at the top level not the CARDS tag with a bunch of CARD_V2s inside). So other than adding code for the extra bits that 2015 added it already reads the cards quite well (which you probably already know by this point).
Haha no I was not aware of this. Now that you mention it works I realize I forgot to clear the filters from the time I checked. Thanks.

damien wrote:so is it possible to use the 2014 cards instead of the 2015 cards from the folder? can you switch out the D15 cards from the folder with cards from D14?
The 2015 files do look very similar to 2014 xmls but there are some new tags and all cards probably won't be directly portable. Try making some changes but remember to abide by the restrictions for overwriting the cards.
sweetLu

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Jul 2014, 01:58

sweetLu wrote:
damien wrote:so is it possible to use the 2014 cards instead of the 2015 cards from the folder? can you switch out the D15 cards from the folder with cards from D14?
The 2015 files do look very similar to 2014 xmls but there are some new tags and all cards probably won't be directly portable. Try making some changes but remember to abide by the restrictions for overwriting the cards.
As sweetLu stated DotP 2014 cards likely will not work properly unless they are simple cards as there have been function changes and there are new tags and such. However, since things are quite similar it is quite possible that many cards will work with relatively minimal changes. Other cards may require some pretty large changes though and other cards may not work at all (such as those from the planeswalker pool unless a new approximation can be made).

From the looks of things they only made slight improvements on MANA_ABILITYs so that they now support multiple colours, but I haven't seen any indication that they support costs other than tapping (and even that seems to be implied so it may not be possible to remove that without switching to a manual mana tapping method).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Jul 2014, 03:20

thefiremind wrote:If we can add cards to the pool and let people make decks out of them, count me in. We'll just need to decide how to manage different versions of the same card (for example, manual/automatic mana cards).
I suggested in the community wad thread that any cards which require an external file (such as manual mana) be prefixed in the filename as such. While the new version of manual mana could hopefully just be built into this and thus wouldn't be an external file, different version of the same card could still simply be prefixed, with only the one which most closely resembles vanilla cards and/or has fewer approximations not having this kind of prefix. It would be up to the deck maker which version of the cards to use. But with at least one major supporter of the idea (and I believe Riiak already said he would be interested if there was any other real interest in it), I'll get the tools converted. But since I don't have the files, any chance I could get a simple list of which files would be necessary to transfer? I need the exact path from the game folder (I'm actually assuming they go directly in the game folder like with 2014, but if that's not the case I need to know), as well as the exact file names (hopefully they're static). With that, I should be able to get it converted. Once I get them converted, I'll make a thread in the 2015 forum so it'll be ready when everyone wants to (and is able to) get started on it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Jul 2014, 10:36

You would probably still want to prefix cards that use a manual mana tapping method (even if the new one isn't external) since it is a significant departure from the base DotP 2015 auto-tapping method and the tapping method does matter to some people.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Jul 2014, 12:56

Yeah, I thought the same thing. That's what meant when I vaguely "with only the one which most closely resembles vanilla cards and/or has fewer approximations". The manual mana doesn't really resemble the vanilla cards, so it would have a prefix.

After thinking about what needed done, I realized I was doing it a bit less dynamically than optimal. Now, you point the mod syncer (renamed, since it now supports any file type) to two folders, and it'll ensure every file in the first has an identical counterpart in the second. It doesn't support loose files, yet. That's because I don't know if the loose files has the same folder structure as before. However, I've already got the code necessary to sync loose files, I just need to update it a little and it should work no matter the folder structure. I'll work on that tomorrow, and then it'll be mostly set up. Once we have a tool that I can use to unpack and pack the zed files through scripting, I'll get the last step finished then: automatically repacking the zed each night. As soon as that's finished, I'll make a thread in the 2015 forum for it. Although, my internet access is a bit patchy right now, so actually getting the packer set up might take a couple of days (I have another computer with consistent internet access, but I can't access it for another week or so).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 22 Jul 2014, 22:06

Damienx do you have saving problems with 3dm crack? When i leave game it resets everytime
Scion of Darkness

Postby damienx45 » 22 Jul 2014, 22:24

don't know i'm not using yet wanted to see if some 2015 card be modifed with codes from some basic 2014 card codes b4 i tried it.
damienx45

Postby thefiremind » 22 Jul 2014, 22:37

Scion of Darkness wrote:Damienx do you have saving problems with 3dm crack? When i leave game it resets everytime
Try to run it as administrator, at least the first time, it's possible that it needs privileges in order to create the save files.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers