It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:12

Text Size

DotP 2015 Announced

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2015 Announced

Postby damienx45 » 22 Jul 2014, 23:37

hey fire any luck modifying 2015 cards with 2014 cards?
damienx45

Postby w0lf » 23 Jul 2014, 00:55

Few notes:

- It doesn't seem like you can play online (can't even create a match) with the 3DM crack not sure about the other one. This means no playing against other people, even friends/locally with mods.

- ...\(game directory)\Content\ART_ASSETS\ILLUSTRATIONS works for art
- ...\(game directory)\Content\CARDS works for cards

- Any changes I've made only show in matches but not in card collection.

Also a question:

- Is it possible to mod what shows in the card collection/deck editor?
w0lf

Postby Psykitty » 23 Jul 2014, 09:16

hehe Teysa ♥
Attachments
DotP_D15 2014-07-23 11-06-08-99.jpg
Psykitty

Postby Scion of Darkness » 23 Jul 2014, 11:49

Thefireminf Thanks for the advice, after config the .exe to run in administrator rights always the save sticks, for the modding dont know if anyone else here have tried that but current mana code supports all mana so its really simple to make an all colors mana card or bird of paradise and stuff

Have anyone tried to unlock the AI only cards?
Scion of Darkness

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jul 2014, 13:18

Psykitty wrote:hehe Teysa ♥
Neat card. I like it. But a couple of VERY minor things need fixed. She needs a subtype. The second ability needs to be made non-italicized. Also, it doesn't say the produced token is a creature. "Black and white spirit creature token with flying". VERY minor things, and I'm just being nit-picky, I know.

Scion of Darkness wrote:Thefireminf Thanks for the advice, after config the .exe to run in administrator rights always the save sticks, for the modding dont know if anyone else here have tried that but current mana code supports all mana so its really simple to make an all colors mana card or bird of paradise and stuff

Have anyone tried to unlock the AI only cards?
Not sure who this fireminf is, but I'm glad it's working for you :D I'll be trying my hand today. I have a few substitutions I was asked to do, so I'm going to see if I can manage that.

I wasn't expecting it to support things like Birds of Paradise. That's fantastic. Have you tried something like Cloudpost. It has variable mana production but its only cost is still tapping like normal.

Also, I too am curious about the AI cards. It's probably not possible without getting into the zed, but it'd be a great source of easy-to-access variety.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 23 Jul 2014, 13:32

That was the fkng autocorrect hehehe what i did was mod Orzhov guild gate add /R/G/U in the mana ability and put it on a R/G deck and the mana worked ok
Scion of Darkness

Postby Scion of Darkness » 23 Jul 2014, 13:36

For me i only wanted to know wich cards are user only so i can make mods without afecting AI decks
Scion of Darkness

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jul 2014, 13:44

That's a really good point. I hadn't considered that. However, if you look in the New Cards\2015 forum, there's a list of the cards, and it includes an AI-only section. I don't think it lists cards that are used by both, though (if there are any; I don't know, they might have specific copies for the computer).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 23 Jul 2014, 14:14

That list is half of my problem, since i'm bringing my sliver deck back, half of the work is already made in AI cards if i could unlock them, it would be easier to mod the rest of the cards but like this the more cards i have to mod, the probability of ruin an enemy deck will increase for sure =P

What im thinking is pick some fugly cards and mod for slivers from the same color, if a deck use a modded card at least it would be a card they have mana to pay for
Scion of Darkness

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jul 2014, 21:42

Okay guys, I've thrown together a simple tool to assist with substituting cards and to get started with it. There's a readme to explain this, but basically, put the cards you want to use into the Desired Cards folder, put the cards the game will recognize (from the CARDS.zip that Sumomole posted, they're included) that you want to overwrite into the Vanilla Cards folder (from the included All Vanilla Cards folder) and run "Substitutor - No-List Version.exe". Look in New Cards for the produced cards. Put them into Content\CARDS\ in your game folder while using the 3DM crack that Sumomole posted (also included). It requires that you make a deck using the vanilla cards, still, because they show in the deck builder using the vanilla cards, but in-game they're correct.

Zip file
Loose files
(I'm using google drive instead of uploading directly here because it's much easier to update if needed).

This isn't meant to be something we use long term, but maybe it'll make it a little easier for now.

I've included the crack in this file as well as a copy of the cards, so you can start with just this. Copy everything from the crack folder to your game folder and the modded cards (not the long list of cards which are included, they're all in Chinese, but rather the one's you've modified).

Note that if you want to, you can delete the .ahk files and whichever .exe you don't use. If you're using the no list version, you can also delete 2015 Cards.txt. There are already cards in the Desired Cards folder. These are examples (wanted by damienx45) and can be deleted. The 2015 Cards.txt file already lists the top few cards in the Vanilla Cards folder to use as part of the example and these can be erased. I've run the no-list version on these example cards and run the game. There are no pictures, but the cards have the correct text.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 23 Jul 2014, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby w0lf » 23 Jul 2014, 22:43

Xander9009 wrote:Okay guys, I've thrown together a simple tool to assist with substituting cards. There's a readme to explain this, but basically, put the cards you wanna use into the Desired Cards folder, put the cards the game will recognize (from the CARDS.zip that Sumomole posted, they're included) that you want to overwrite into the Vanilla Cards folder and run Substitutor - No-List Version.exe. Look in New Cards for the produced cards. Put them into Content\CARDS\ in your game folder while using the 3DM crack that Sumomole posted. It requires that you make a deck using the vanilla cards, still, because they show in the deck builder using the vanilla cards, but in-game they're correct.

Zip file - Google Drive will open a preview of the included files. Just press ctrl-s or click File->Download.
Loose files
(I'm using google drive instead of uploading directly here because it's much easier to update if needed).

This isn't meant to be something we use long term, but maybe it'll make it a little easier for now.

I've included the crack in this file so you can start by using just this. Copy everything from the crack folder to your game folder. I've also included all of the cards from CARDS.zip which Sumomole posted. So, everything needed to mod the game is now in this one file, plus an extra utility to help make that easier.

Note that if you want to, you can delete the .ahk files and whichever .exe you don't use. If you're using the no list version, you can also delete 2015 Cards.txt. There are already cards in the Desired Cards folder. These are examples (wanted by damienx45) and can be deleted. The 2015 Cards.txt file already lists the top few cards in the Vanilla Cards folder to use as part of the example and these can be erased. I've run the no-list version on these example cards and run the game. There are no pictures, but the cards have the correct text.
You can make a driect download link to google drive files like this https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=<ID GOES HERE>
Last edited by w0lf on 23 Jul 2014, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
w0lf

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jul 2014, 22:51

w0lf wrote:You can make a driect download link to google drive files like this https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=<ID GOES HERE>

So for your tool ...
Yeah, I realized I could and should but when I went to do it it didn't work (I used the wrong base url). It's updated now (I cut out the link you gave, though, because I changed the file so that link doesn't work anymore).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Scion of Darkness » 23 Jul 2014, 22:54

I dont have knowledge for this but probably we only see the modded cards in battle because it was modded just for chinese language if someone know how to mod the .exe maybe the game can always show the modded card
Scion of Darkness

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 24 Jul 2014, 13:47

Scion of Darkness wrote:I dont have knowledge for this but probably we only see the modded cards in battle because it was modded just for chinese language if someone know how to mod the .exe maybe the game can always show the modded card
I said before that there are two versions of cards in D15, one in an XML file with the card name and another in a PLAYER_POOL.XML (i.e. D15_INNISTRAD_PLAYER_POOL.XML) file. After a bit of testing, it appears that modding the card in the XML file with the card's name changes the card in battle, while to change how the card looks in the deck editor you need to change it in the PLAYER_POOL file as well (it's a file with a long continuous "list" of card data).
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby Scion of Darkness » 24 Jul 2014, 14:02

I've made a test and the card pool XML only need the modded card, if you make an akroma from a zendikar card in the zendikar pool you can delete all cards and insert only the modded akroma, all will work fine
Scion of Darkness

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers