It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:47

Text Size

DotP 2015 Announced

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2015 Announced

Postby Luchian » 19 Apr 2014, 17:03

With no two headed giant, I will stick with 2014. I cannot believe they've taken it out after it being in every version so far. That's what I've always played the most of on these games.
Luchian

Postby MC Brodie » 23 May 2014, 01:07

New video showcasing the deck builder/single player portion and some cards if you are interested in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-e203r7SLg

I still can't stand what they did with the "red zone" :D

Edit - I see Darksteel Ingot is in the game. Depending on how they implemented it, that could be a good sign for modding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby sumomole » 23 May 2014, 08:33

sumomole
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 23 May 2014, 11:10

sumomole wrote:Darksteel Ingot Skullcrack Stormbreath Dragon Hero of Iroas Brimaz, King of Oreskos Angelic Accord
they're great, if we can still customize the game. :roll:
Yeah, great news! :D

I looked for interesting cards I don't know on that video, and I spotted:
  • Resolute Archangel - 5WW
    Creature - Angel
    4/4
    Flying
    When Resolute Archangel enters the battlefield, if your life total is less than your starting life total, it becomes equal to your starting life total.
  • Triplicate Spirits - 4WW
    Sorcery
    Convoke :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Put three 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
The cards on the collection screens are too small, I can't discern the text for cards I don't know. Maybe with a 1080p video I could have done that. But I saw Nemesis of Mortals: will they finally allow to change ability costs?
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 23 May 2014, 14:15

We are keeping track of all the cards we've seen so far in this thread:

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewt ... =38&t=3805

card discussion:

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewt ... 6&start=80
NEMESiS

Postby MC Brodie » 23 May 2014, 15:40

I think convoke is coming back for M15. I saw Illusionist's Bracers so we might be able to copy abilities as well. They might have made some improvements in this area.

Unfortunately I didn't notice any bestow or overload cards. I haven't checked the threads though.
MC Brodie

Postby thefiremind » 23 May 2014, 16:08

MC Brodie wrote:I saw Illusionist's Bracers so we might be able to copy abilities as well.
I wonder if we can hope for being able to select abilities, which was the major concern for some ability-related cards. I'm pessimistic about that, though.

MC Brodie wrote:Unfortunately I didn't notice any bestow
I tried to spot cards bearing the "Nyx frame", but the only one I could see is Bident of Thassa, so no luck for bestow, I'm afraid. :(
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby MC Brodie » 23 May 2014, 17:45

thefiremind wrote:
MC Brodie wrote:I saw Illusionist's Bracers so we might be able to copy abilities as well.
I wonder if we can hope for being able to select abilities, which was the major concern for some ability-related cards. I'm pessimistic about that, though.

I tried to spot cards bearing the "Nyx frame", but the only one I could see is Bident of Thassa, so no luck for bestow, I'm afraid. :(
I haven't given up all hope. They still may have an improved version of the alternate casting cost utility ability
MC Brodie

Postby MC Brodie » 23 May 2014, 23:31

thefiremind wrote:

I haven't given up all hope. They still may have an improved version of the alternate casting cost utility ability

Edit - I was checking out one of the threads Nemesis posted and I saw Ogre Jailbreaker. This could be good for multiple reasons. For 1, we could actually get dual lands and for 2, we may actually be able to do "can attack as though ~ didn't have defender". It is highly possible that Ogre Jailbreaker isn't actually in the game (maybe the person compiling the list got the wrong card) or gates aren't in the game either (there is a "Lands" tab in the deck builder but it could just be basics -- plus I haven't seen any special lands in any of the videos).

Edit 2 - I haven't posted in so long I forget how to delete posts. Oh well, I guess I'm double posting this time :D

Edit 3 - From this thread it appears we have Warmonger's Chariot so I guess we will have "can attack as though it didn't have defender"
MC Brodie

Postby thefiremind » 24 May 2014, 09:54

MC Brodie wrote:Edit 2 - I haven't posted in so long I forget how to delete posts. Oh well, I guess I'm double posting this time :D
If your plan was to delete the old post, you can't: you can delete a post of yours only as long as it's the last one in the topic. You could have deleted the new one and edited the old one, though. :wink:

MC Brodie wrote:Edit 3 - From this thread it appears we have Warmonger's Chariot so I guess we will have "can attack as though it didn't have defender"
Finally, a defender deck with Wakestone Gargoyle will be possible again! (It hasn't been possible since DotP2012, where "defender" wasn't implying "cannot attack", so it was easy to do.)

I can't find anything else that can wake our interest, besides the discoveries we already made.
Various considerations:
  • There are lots of cards with scry, will we have a scry trigger so we can code Flamespeaker Adept "normally"?
  • Enlarge is still in... will blocking restrictions work in all possible scenarios this time? Too bad there's still no example of "creature A blocks creature B this turn if able".
  • A card with devotion is in, but it's not multicolored (Nylea's Disciple)... can we expect a devotion function that works for multiple colors as well?
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 30 May 2014, 16:50

NEMESiS

Postby NEMESiS » 09 Jun 2014, 12:44

Triple color lands are in apparently. Also note that they are at the bottom with the rest of the lands rather then where all the none-enchantments and artifacts go:

For those that can't see it that is Seaside Citadel and Arcane Sanctum.
NEMESiS

Postby sumomole » 09 Jun 2014, 14:13

official multicolor lands, nice, but I guess we still need mana tokens for combo decks. :roll:
in addition, this year's advertising time is too looong! :twisted:
sumomole
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 09 Jun 2014, 15:02

NEMESiS wrote:Triple color lands are in apparently. Also note that they are at the bottom with the rest of the lands rather then where all the none-enchantments and artifacts go
Finally! Better late than never, Wizards. =D>

sumomole wrote:in addition, this year's advertising time is too looong! :twisted:
Actually, the topic for DotP2014 was created on March 21th, that is 20 days before this one. It depends on when DotP2015 will be released. Can we expect them to follow the trend of one week later than the previous year? First days of July maybe?
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 09 Jun 2014, 15:06

One more guys, apparently there are restrictions on rarety for cards that each deck can build. Apparently they are using that as a form of power balance. The break down for cards that you can add per deck works as this:

Common x 4 copies
Uncommon x 3 copies
Rare x 2 copies
Mythic Rare x 1 copy

This was verified by Wizards_Sean but I seem to be unable to find his post now...

EDIT:

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTe1iVsOZRw
NEMESiS

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers