Text Size

DotP 2015 Announced

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2015 Announced

Postby NEMESiS » 16 Jul 2014, 14:28

Here is the link to the card list:

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewt ... =38&t=3842

As for making more cards this year, I will say no. Someone did a count and we got about the same amount of cards as in the past.

The game should be out today. My steam says it will unlock in a few hours. Other things to note is that the Xbox one release was a no go for today. Apparently there were some technical issues and now they are postponing it to an undetermined time. Needless to say Xbox One players are livid:

http://community.wizards.com/forum/mtg- ... ds/4112411

They waited until release date to tell them it was not going to be released today.....

Other things to notice. Some cards are already broken (good old stainless). If you bring back a card with deathtouch like Pharika's Chosen with Dead Reckoning it will automatically kill the creature targeted on the battlefiled even if it had higher toughness. Also Beastmaster Ascension stops getting counters after it reaches 7 of them.

EDIT: Apparently, previous owners of DotP2014 on steam get a free premium booster pack.
NEMESiS

Postby sweetLu » 16 Jul 2014, 16:21

I meant more cards including what they made for the AI. This year there seems to be a lot more AI only decks which means overall less cards for us to make for our mods. The player pools could be the same. Who knows.

As far as Beastmaster Ascension, it appears to be some quick and easy simplification they came up with which is probably appropriate for the cards they intend on making for DotP 2015. I someone end up making Hex Parasite or a similar card this year I'm sure we can fix simplifications like these.
sweetLu

Postby Ferrix » 16 Jul 2014, 17:23

Stay away from Magic 2015. Honestly. Whatever bad you heard about it: Magic 2015 is worse than that!

Better continue on Magic 2014. Or maybe find a way to add own cards to 2015. That would MAYBE save it if 2HG is ever added...

EDIT: It gets better after beating the first non-tutorial campaign, sorry. Still 2014 was better from the viewpoint of card strength and fun, especially with the mods.
Last edited by Ferrix on 16 Jul 2014, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrix

Postby thefiremind » 16 Jul 2014, 18:06

There are 2 versions out already (tip for those who are interested: search on cs.rin.ru :roll:).

The way to change the language should be always the same, I'm sharing the updated CMD files (I only substituted 2014 with 2015). I can't make them work right now but I don't know if it's a problem with my antivirus that runs them in sandbox mode. Could someone report if they work?
d15lang.zip
CMD files that change language for DotP2015
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 302 times

NEMESiS wrote:Some cards are already broken (good old stainless). If you bring back a card with deathtouch like Pharika's Chosen with Dead Reckoning it will automatically kill the creature targeted on the battlefiled even if it had higher toughness.
Very easy to fix (they made the creature deal damage rather than EffectSource)... if we ever have the chance to fix it. :mrgreen:

NEMESiS wrote:Also Beastmaster Ascension stops getting counters after it reaches 7 of them.
This happened in the previous official versions of Beastmaster Ascension as well. As sweetLu already said, it's a simplification.

Ferrix wrote:Stay away from Magic 2015. Honestly. Whatever bad you heard about it: Magic 2015 is worse than that!

Better continue on Magic 2014. Or maybe find a way to add own cards to 2015. That would MAYBE save it if 2HG is ever added...
I'll see it myself and then judge. (And then maybe throw it away after a couple of weeks if nobody finds out how to mod it. :lol:)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Rick » 16 Jul 2014, 18:30

RiiakShiNal wrote:We don't yet know if it is moddable as we don't yet have the PC game nor have we figured out the game file format yet (based on the iPad version it does not appear to be WAD anymore). So currently none of the modding tools work for 2015 and we don't yet know which ones can be made to work.
I will probably take a look at 2015 once I have a copy, which will probably be sometime next month, as I have no plans to get it immediately.
gibbed
Rick
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 16 Jul 2014, 18:42

I purchased my copy a while ago so I just have to download it and play. If could share the files with you guys I would... :wink:
NEMESiS

Postby Ferrix » 16 Jul 2014, 21:47

Well, I can give a small relief: After you finished the first non-tutorial world, you actually can play exploration matches (against a random pool of enemies, I think?) to get additional booster packs. So it is a bad DOTP because the cards in it are mostly bad, but it is not as bad as I first thought.

Still wouldn't preorder again, rather wait for a sale. I can see that this will be a grindfest against those random enemies until I can build a good deck.

From a technical point it uses WAD files again, but they are named ZED now. It isn't possible to unpack them with the gibbed.unpack I used for Magic 2014.

Also, to me it looks a lot like they got some ideas for Magic 2015 from the mods for 2014 on this page. For example now Monstrosity is included on some cards, Convoke, etc.
Ferrix

Postby MisterBenn » 16 Jul 2014, 22:20

That's great news that the archive format is likely to be accessible again!

I'm trying a scene release before buying: I'm pretty alarmed by the overall changes in 2015 so far. Having completed the tutorial I see there are still restrictions on how freeform you can play matches afterwards. There doesn't seem to be a way out of the box to take control of the preconstructed decks in any way, in a custom 1v1 you can select the AI deck from a full list, but when selecting your own deck it's from your Profile screen which just has your one starter deck of mostly commons initially. Hopefully mods can add the preconstructed decks into this screen because it's all pretty locked down up front. And the menus are pretty annoying this year, the giant scrolling icons are really cumbersome!
MisterBenn

Postby Ferrix » 16 Jul 2014, 23:15

MisterBenn wrote:That's great news that the archive format is likely to be accessible again!
It seems likely, but the question is how much can be done with it. Can custom cards be added? What if it is hardcoded into other files which cards you can access? It seems that the AI uses cards the player can't access in any way.

Well, we will have to wait until we can see the actual contents of the WADs. And I only assume it is WADs since there is a WADCACHE folder and the file size of the ZED file is similar.

MisterBenn wrote:There doesn't seem to be a way out of the box to take control of the preconstructed decks in any way, in a custom 1v1 you can select the AI deck from a full list, but when selecting your own deck it's from your Profile screen which just has your one starter deck of mostly commons initially.
I have no clue about the pre-constructed decks, but you can have more than one own deck and full filter functionality in the deck builder after beating the first campaign. Until then, you're restricted to your both starting colors.
Ferrix

Postby thefiremind » 16 Jul 2014, 23:27

I'm looking inside the executable right now, and I'll probably go on tomorrow because it's pretty late here, but I saw something interesting:
MANA_RESTRICTION_RESTRICT_X_TO_COLOUR (fully functional Consume Spirit this year?) and MANA_RESTRICTION_X_CANNOT_BE_ZERO (finally, lots of {X}-cards would be possible!).
And every year there's more Planeswalker code that makes us hope and then breaks all hopes: this time it seems that the executable is ready to use the message CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_A_PLANESWALKER_TO_SAVE. :roll:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby mr friendly guy » 17 Jul 2014, 02:05

sweetLu wrote:1. Nemesis posted a link to the card pool somewhere in this thread I think. Since I can't post links I'll let you look for it. If you can't find it try wizard's official forum for DotP.

2. Yes, from what I can tell there is a new story for Garruk but since I don't have it yet I can't confirm.

3. See Riiak's answer. I hope we'll be able to mod this version.

4. There are no new formats and there are no variant formats (like planeschase). The only game types are free for all for 2, 3 or 4 players.
1. Cool, will look for it.

2. I know there is some Garruk story, but I am hoping they will show some videos as we progress in the storyline like DoTP 2015.

3. Well yeah I know we won't know if its moddable until we look at it. Just saying this will be a consideration for whether I get it.

4. Yeah I saw the reviews. No 2HG and no other different format. That's not good.
mr friendly guy

Postby Randomage » 17 Jul 2014, 03:27

The storyline is basically, you chase after Cha... Garruk.

No clue about modding, but the data files are ZED archives now, no clue what that means.

Haven't checked the multiplayer yet.

Deckbuilding starts EARLY, which is scary for newbs imho.
Randomage

Postby sumomole » 17 Jul 2014, 07:37

this's something in executable file, I saw OVERLOAD, hopefully it's true.
Attachments
Info from DotP 2015 executable.zip
(5.47 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
sumomole
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 17 Jul 2014, 09:00

sumomole wrote:this's something in executable file, I saw OVERLOAD, hopefully it's true.
And I see MustBlockCreature... will "creature A must block creature B" be finally possible? That is, if bugs don't screw it up: yesterday I played against the AI's curses deck, and he played Curse of the Nightly Hunt the turn before I won... well, I have been able to go for the win with just 1 creature! The game didn't even try to move all my creatures into the red zone! Either he targetted itself with the curse and I didn't notice, or here we go again with the usual attacking/blocking restriction problems. :x

About CopyAbility, it's a player function... I'm curious to see how they refer to the ability in its argument(s).
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby yaizkazani » 17 Jul 2014, 09:14

Hello gentlemen !
As everyone already noticed, MTG 2015's files are encrypted in .ZED format so i wonder if someone is working on decryption now and is this possible at all ? If i understood correctly this thing might have a password protection which might be hidden somewhere in EXE (or somewhere), does anyone have any info on this so far ? :wink:
yaizkazani

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers