It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:16

Text Size

Content Pack Enabler

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Content Pack Enabler

Postby SweetestLamb » 15 Jul 2014, 23:30

Hello, I've made my own custom cards including a content pack enabler for them. For some reason, it seems to make the game very unstable. I'm not really sure how to resolve this problem, none of the other decks I've downloaded have content pack enablers, so I'm not sure if I even need it.
SweetestLamb

Re: Content Pack Enabler

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Jul 2014, 03:07

This assumes you are using DotP 2014 as older versions do not need CPEs.

Content Pack Enablers (CPE) are not needed for custom cards, only for custom decks. If you have downloaded custom decks that do not have a separate CPE for their ID Block then they likely have a CPE built into their core WAD. CPEs are required for using custom decks on the PC as there is a limit to how many decks can be always available using content pack 0 (the game's default). A single CPE can enable many decks within a single ID Block and each ID Block is typically tied to a single mod author. Decks in an ID Block without a CPE will be invisible in-game. If there are 2 or more CPEs for a single ID Block then you will see multiple copies of decks in-game.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby SweetestLamb » 16 Jul 2014, 11:29

So If it's crashing a lot with the CPE in there, does that mean there's something wrong with my decks?
SweetestLamb

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Jul 2014, 11:32

Generally, stability issues are typically related to missing cards or card coding errors (missing TOKEN_REGISTRATIONs and such), though online multiplayer stability is a crap shoot with mods. Generally, there are no problems with CPEs (they are just headers after all).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers