It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:54

Text Size

Issue with framerate drops

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Issue with framerate drops

Postby gunpocket » 14 Nov 2014, 23:47

I installed a bunch of mods recently for DOTP 2014, all of riiaks functions (with the wad sig check disable mod and the convoke cards), as well as the planeswalker pool ,(the updated one)sumomole's dlc, volrathxp's dlc, and thefiremind's dlc. everything works ingame just fine, except that there are huge fps drops in certain sections of the game, normally when things are untapped or I have to select something for a spell (basically when more than 2 cards are glowing) and I mean I get 5-10 fps at that point. my rig can more than handle it, I can play pretty much every game out there (even the newest ones) at max settings with 60+ fps. it is really annoying, and I have to click several times for things to register. is there a fix for this? thank you for your time, im unsure if this is the correct spot for this.
gunpocket

Re: Issue with framerate drops

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Nov 2014, 00:10

First, not all games have very good graphic implementations some games will lag regardless of the hardware installed.

That said, some mods do require the AI to think about things more and take more CPU time to consider a play. Right now the 2 biggest likely culprits for lag in DotP 2014 are my manual mana mod (and the cards that depend on it) and thefiremind's planeswalker mod (and the cards that depend on it). Though other mods may also contribute to the lag especially if they include cards or mechanics that require lots of code or elaborate workarounds (transform, morph, convoke, delve, etc...).

The community wad also contains cards that use manual mana and I believe it contains planeswalkers (again the 2 biggest culprits) so keep that in mind if you try to isolate it by removing mods until it works okay.

For reference my current gaming machine is pretty old (5+ years old) and it still runs DotP 2014 quite well with manual mana, though I don't have the planeswalkers so I can't comment about any slow down from that.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby gunpocket » 15 Nov 2014, 21:40

alright, well another issue. when my friend plays singleplayer, everything is fine, but when we play multiplayer together, im fine, but http://puu.sh/cSbyh/317b3a7a4d.jpg is his UI. he cant do anything either. has anyone else gotten this and fixed it?
gunpocket

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Nov 2014, 12:59

That I've never seen and have no idea how to fix. Are you both running the exact same wads?
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers