New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Duels: Origins Announced

Postby Tejahn » 31 Jul 2015, 01:02

Nissa, Vastwood Seer.png
Nissa, Vastwood Seer

Nissa, Sage Animist.png
Nissa, Sage Animist

That's good to know. And although I haven't played the game in days I decided to push through the story and I received Nissa, Vastwood Seer / Nissa, Sage Animist. I suppose this is fortuitous since I usually don't get around to creating {G} decks. Time to test a Planeswalker card. :D

Archangel of Tithes - Triggered Ability.png
Archangel of Tithes - Triggered Ability

This is what I feared running in to the most. And this obviously makes cards like Ghostly Prison possible.

Finally! I been wanting this digitally since Journey into Nyx.
Tejahn

Postby sweetLu » 31 Jul 2015, 09:26

Idk people are claiming the prison effects are occasionally causing game crashes as soon as you enter combat. It still needs I bug fix. I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Odric, Master Tactician
sweetLu

Postby thefiremind » 31 Jul 2015, 10:08

Tejahn wrote:I decided to push through the story and I received Nissa, Vastwood Seer / Nissa, Sage Animist. I suppose this is fortuitous since I usually don't get around to creating {G} decks. Time to test a Planeswalker card. :D
Nissa is the only Planeswalker I opened, too! But I haven't had the chance to use her yet, because I like to change decks a lot and my last experiment involved a weird Boros weenies-enchantments deck which can rush the opponent very quickly if they don't have removal. I won the last match with just one creature: a 7/5 flying trampling Goblin Arsonist. :lol: Imagine a Goblin with wings (Nimbus Wings), wolf teeth (Call of the Full Moon) and fiery hands (Inferno Fist)... :mrgreen:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 31 Jul 2015, 22:49

thefiremind wrote:Nissa is the only Planeswalker I opened, too! But I haven't had the chance to use her yet, because I like to change decks a lot and my last experiment involved a weird Boros weenies-enchantments deck which can rush the opponent very quickly if they don't have removal. I won the last match with just one creature: a 7/5 flying trampling Goblin Arsonist. :lol: Imagine a Goblin with wings (Nimbus Wings), wolf teeth (Call of the Full Moon) and fiery hands (Inferno Fist)... :mrgreen:
That would be something to behold! I think after enchanting it with such auras the subtype should automatically change to Horror! Lol! :lol:

I may just create a Photoshop image of that abomination just to have a visual depiction of it. :shock:

Eldrazi Spawn.jpg
Eldrazi Spawn 1

Eldrazi Spawn 2.jpg
Eldrazi Spawn 2

Eldrazi Spawn 3.jpg
Eldrazi Spawn 3

But on another note, if and when we are finally able to mod Magic Duels: Origins I would like the first mods to help configure the interface. Fore example (if possible), let's move the players deck back to the right side of the screen and the persona back to the left side on the screen so that the duelist can 'face' one another. Also, as the screenshot above demonstrates, I would like to have the blur removed from the game when you zoom in on a card and when creatures are dealing damage. Of course this is a personal preference. It's just weird that their not actually 'facing off'. But I do love the fact that adding mana, colorless or not, to a 'mana pool' is officially possible. Kruphix, God of Horizons, Omnath, Locus of Mana, and Savage Ventmaw come to mind.

EDIT: Glad to know that the Eldrazi Spawn tokens are illustrated in their different varieties instead of an overall generic one for the entire game.
Tejahn

Postby thefiremind » 31 Jul 2015, 23:18

Tejahn wrote:But I do love the fact that adding mana, colorless or not, to a 'mana pool' is officially possible.
What makes you think that? The AI sacrifices the Eldrazi Spawns instantly when spending their mana.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Tejahn » 31 Jul 2015, 23:41

Well, perhaps I'm being too hopeful. But I thought the AI 'stored' the mana as Emrakul, the Aeons Torn was cast the following turn when they clearly didn't have enough mana to do so. I'll record an in game duel against that deck when I decide to play against it again.
Tejahn

Postby Tejahn » 01 Aug 2015, 00:18

Tejahn wrote:EDIT: Never mind regarding set symbos. I wonder why they refuse to use the different set symbols.

Well, it seems the Origins cards are the only ones with set symbols.
Tejahn

Postby elmers » 02 Aug 2015, 18:22

I'm not sure that anyone will find this useful, but after seeing w0lf's post in another thread, I cataloged all of the cards and their corresponding hex representations in the profile.
Attachments
mdo_profile_deck_info.xls
(26 KiB) Downloaded 746 times
elmers

Postby kevlahnota » 08 Aug 2015, 01:23

Nice... I hope someone find a way to bypass signature checks... :mrgreen:
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 08 Aug 2015, 09:37

kevlahnota wrote:Nice... I hope someone find a way to bypass signature checks... :mrgreen:
We need to find the encryption key they used this time. You can follow our progress (none so far) from here. Of course, if you have some spare time and knowledge about debugging, any help is appreciated. :)
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sweetLu » 10 Aug 2015, 01:05

I just had the ai double block my Outland Colossus with Perilous Myr :(. It seems that bug is still in the game.

On a separate note I haven't had any issues spending mana. As in if I didn't want to tap a colorless I didn't have to.
sweetLu

Postby alexandreonly » 10 Aug 2015, 14:53

I don't know about you guys, but i feel a lack of synergy while trying to make some decks. Maybe i need to buy more boosters, but right now i can't make a specialized deck. Even if i consider the cards i still don't have, it looks very limited. I hope they keep adding content, and i hope infect and/or wither back. Also, lot's of cards used by AI in campaign are not accessible (i wanted the morbid deck ones).
alexandreonly

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 10 Aug 2015, 19:37

alexandreonly wrote:I don't know about you guys, but i feel a lack of synergy while trying to make some decks. Maybe i need to buy more boosters, but right now i can't make a specialized deck. Even if i consider the cards i still don't have, it looks very limited. I hope they keep adding content, and i hope infect and/or wither back. Also, lot's of cards used by AI in campaign are not accessible (i wanted the morbid deck ones).
User spirolone created a way for you to use AI cards and unlock all the locked cards in your profile:

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=17553

To use the .jar file (at least for Windows 7):

1. Press "Start" and type "cmd" on the search bar, open "cmd".
2. You are now in the command prompt. Navigate to where your profile is saved (if you're not using a crack chances are your profile is under AppData- either Local or Roaming. AppData is a hidden file and you need to turn it on to see it: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7). If you don't know where your profile is you might want to search for it through My Computer before trying to find it via command prompt.

Basic command prompt commands: to enter a folder (directory) type "CD" then the directory name (i.e. to access a folder named "Magic Duels" type "CD Magic Duels" then enter). To back up type "CD.". To see what folders (directories) are available type "DIR". For more help: https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/kn ... 13195.aspx

3. When you enter the directory where your profile is saved (so, C:/.../*your profile name*/Saves) in command prompt, type "java -jar *name of jar file* *profile number*": so if your profile file is called "142857.profile" and the jar file you're trying to open is called "dostuff.jar", you would type "java -jar dostuff.jar 142857.profile".

NOTE: if that doesn't work save your profile number, change your profile file name to 1.profile, then type "java -jar dostuff.jar". The parameter is by default 1.

I highly recommend that, if you're gonna profile mod, to get the Steam emulator here: http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/2OC1FxAg/file.html. That way you don't run the risk of being banned.
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby thanic » 20 Aug 2015, 02:00

elmers wrote:I'm not sure that anyone will find this useful, but after seeing w0lf's post in another thread, I cataloged all of the cards and their corresponding hex representations in the profile.
I followed the instructions in w0lf's post, decoded my profile, and opened the resulting bin file in a hex editor. From here though, I am stumped. I can't figure out where you found the hex values for each card. Could you point me in the right direction?
thanic

Postby thefiremind » 26 Sep 2015, 21:47

In case someone watches this thread for updates on the game, here's the latest news:
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicduels/com ... gic_duels/
After 2 delayed releases out of 2, I expect all future expansions to be delayed as well. They should change their name from Stainless to Due-date-less.
thefiremind
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers