It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:10

Text Size

Making Large Decks in DotP 2014

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Making Large Decks in DotP 2014

Postby LinkFX » 20 Jan 2016, 06:35

Hello everyone, new member here! :)

I would greatly appreciate if the veterans in this forum could help with the issues I detail in this thread, in regards to creating large decks in DotP 2014 (or subsequent editions).

Also I've read elsewhere DotP 2014 is still the best version in regards to mod support and total custom cards/decks made by the community. Does this still stand or is 2015 or Duels a better choice now? Has it been possible to port the existing content over to the later editions of the game? How far along are we with the newer games?

I'd be very grateful for any assistance. Thanks in advance! :D
LinkFX

Re: Making Large Decks in DotP 2014

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Jan 2016, 11:34

Creating decks over 100 cards has problematic effects for DotP 2014 (detailed in other thread).

DotP 2014 is probably still the easiest to mod for given the tools available. However, DotP 2015 and Duels allows for a greater variety of cards to be coded (though Duels has a max card limit that no other game has and you can't play online with it, due to validating against a server).

Great progress has been made with the newer games, but there are still some issues. For one we can't make compressed ZED files because we don't have the encryption key (we do have the decryption key though). Yes, it is possible to port cards to the new game, and there has been progress in creating decks directly in the profile (which is required for Duels).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers