It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 00:09

Text Size

Simple solution to the deck limit of DotP2013

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Simple solution to the deck limit of DotP2013

Postby Networm » 12 Jun 2016, 22:58

Hi,

First,I would like to thank all the modders for those wonderful decks they've added over the years. This may not be relevant anymore (since I don't know if people still play this version anymore or if someone has already found a better solution), but for those who interests I think I've found a post with the solution to the deck limit problem.

Recently installed the game after 2 years, I've encountered this problem and decided to do some searching and found a short, almost unnoticed by daenon611.Following his suggestion, basically all I have to do is change the name of 'data_dlc_0001.wad' into '_data_dlc_0001.wad', and then I can play the wayback 2012 mod without any problem. I've tried unlock some cards from 2012 decks. After exiting, I run the game and the cards are still there.

I hope this information could help.
Networm

Re: Simple solution to the deck limit of DotP2013

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Jun 2016, 00:32

Removing parts of the game isn't an actual solution. There are technically two "deck limit" problems:
  1. There is a maximum number of decks that the game can read and use.
  2. There is a limit to how many "deck configurations" can be saved in the player profile.
For limit 1 the limit is in the hundreds to thousands of decks so it usually isn't an issue.

Limit 2 is the real problem, the profile size is fixed so the number of deck configurations that can be saved is limited (Stainless and WotC made the profile just big enough to fit deck configurations for all of the official decks). Even then generally once a deck configuration has been saved to the profile that deck configuration slot is for most purposes reserved for that deck's configuration (this is due to the saving of the deck's id into the profile with the configuration). In essence any deck can be saved into the profile, but once a deck has one of the coveted slots it is the only one that will get saved to that particular spot (DotP 2014 is similar except it was coded to only save the official decks rather than allow a modded deck to take one of the profile's slots). Though we don't have a good way of controlling which deck will take any given slot. The idea of creating a profile editor that could open a player's profile and manually manage the different deck configuration slots was toyed with, but no one actually committed to building it.

The reason the Wayback 2012 campaign doesn't work with the game and all of its expansions is because the game only recognizes just enough campaign ids for all of the official campaigns and the Wayback 2012 campaign by Kevlahnota used one of the campaign ids used by the first expansion (though the Wayback 2012 campaign was made and distributed first).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: Simple solution to the deck limit of DotP2013

Postby Networm » 13 Jun 2016, 01:13

Yeah, I get what you are saying. However even after I changed the name of the dlc 1, two decks of the dlc remains. They are Act of War & Sky and Scale Deck. So you can try to see how it works or I don't know...
Networm

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers