It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:28

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui - Windows app to search MTG cards and build de

Postby aidscoi168 » 16 Apr 2017, 09:30

If you still want to test the atomatic create new filelist.txt for artwork so reply my message about your email with share option you need ( read only, full access ..ect ) the filelist just update when you release new verison of Mtgdb.Gui or user can update to newest file ( because i update artwork day by day ) ?
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 16 Apr 2017, 14:10

Well, my updates are not day-by-day. Clearly sometimes I will be off for weeks or months.
If you are ready to take the responsibility for creating filelist.txt, then
1. Create a separate mega folder for it
2. Create a filelist.txt whenever you fill it's worth that user's updater needs to detect the new changed state of Artworks directory
3. In this case there is no need of sharing the access to folder. I will just use a link to filelist.txt MEGA directory.

PS I checked a directory and a filelist.txt you created. Well done! One little change to go: Add \Artists to the path when executing Mtgdb.Util.exe -sign.
Attachments
filelist.txt
(188.97 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
hidalgo

sync

Postby hidalgo » 16 Apr 2017, 16:07

Removing images that no longer exist in MEGA storage is not yet done. I am testing it now.
However replacing modified images is done and should already be working
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.16

Postby hidalgo » 17 Apr 2017, 11:49

To update use 'Update' button whithin the program

• XMage deck format supported
  • Image downloading improvements
    • Image list is updated separately from application. Now the application can detect new images without updgrading to a next version that 'Knows' the new images list.
    • Previously downloaded obsolete images that were removed from online storage are removed when downloading new images
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 18 Apr 2017, 08:00

Do you think we can combine the app with DotP 2014 Deck Builder and the Communitywad mod database ( the huge mod for Duels of planewalkers 2014 ) to export desk support Communitywad ? Lot of member in this forum using it along with Xmage, Forge ..ect. the deck file for deskbuilder also xml file and get other infomations from wad file, edit some element before export to wad deck file. Do you think we can combine 2 apps, Mtgdb.Gui help Deskbuilder find the cards then user just open that file to export to wad ?
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 18 Apr 2017, 19:45

aidscoi168 wrote:Do you think we can combine the app with DotP 2014 Deck Builder and the Communitywad mod database ( the huge mod for Duels of planewalkers 2014 ) to export desk support Communitywad ? Lot of member in this forum using it along with Xmage, Forge ..ect. the deck file for deskbuilder also xml file and get other infomations from wad file, edit some element before export to wad deck file. Do you think we can combine 2 apps, Mtgdb.Gui help Deskbuilder find the cards then user just open that file to export to wad ?
I'll see what I can do
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.17

Postby hidalgo » 18 Apr 2017, 19:51

• Saving/loading deck fixes. In some cases cards from Forge or XMage were not matched because of diacritics in card name or similar problems.
  • Image to card matching fixes. Added 309 card images. Now all cards have an image.
hidalgo

Mtgdb.Gui v1.3.5.18

Postby hidalgo » 19 Apr 2017, 16:27

• Replaced token images for non-token cards when non-token image was available
  • Corrected some wrong images names like 'Sarpadian Empires, Vol.full.jpg' -> 'Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII.full.jpg'
  • Fixed applying search text bug when more than one field was specified
  • Fixed a bug causing application crash introduced in previous release
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 19 Apr 2017, 20:18

aidscoi168 wrote:Do you think we can combine the app with DotP 2014 Deck Builder and the Communitywad mod database ( the huge mod for Duels of planewalkers 2014 ) to export desk support Communitywad ? Lot of member in this forum using it along with Xmage, Forge ..ect. the deck file for deskbuilder also xml file and get other infomations from wad file, edit some element before export to wad deck file. Do you think we can combine 2 apps, Mtgdb.Gui help Deskbuilder find the cards then user just open that file to export to wad ?
Unfortunately the answer is negative. The deck file is not supposed to be created from outside DotP deck editor
Code: Select all
<CARD name="BRAMBLECRUSH_337936" deckOrderId="0" />
<CARD name="BRAMBLECRUSH_337936" deckOrderId="1" />
<CARD name="CUDGEL_TROLL_337850" deckOrderId="2" />
<CARD name="CUDGEL_TROLL_337850" deckOrderId="3" />
The card identifiers like BRAMBLECRUSH_337936 are derived from DotP game files so I have no reasonable way to create such files from Mtgdb.Gui. This is different from Forge, Magarena or XMage when to create a deck file you only need card name (sometimes a little modified) and set code.
The integration should come from the side of DotP deck editor itself. It is open-sourced so someone has to add a compatibility with any external deck format to the editor itself.
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 19 Apr 2017, 20:39

I mean, can we create the decklist by Mtgdb.Gui, and have small app can use that decklist to automatic tell the deckbuilder gather all the card name and get the result? of course the user still need edit the result and export to the new file that have infomation take from the wad file. Because the source code of the deckbuilder is share here ( thank to Riiak )
http://mtg.dragonanime.org/index.php?ti ... ck_Builder

so i guess you can combine this app same as the megatool, we just need an app can open the deckbuilder (require path to the exe file i guess ) and automatic take our decklist to get the result in Deck zone, then user will edit other infomations, how many cards ...ect and export the deck use for the game themself.
ps : I'm not a coder so it's hard for me to know if possible we can do something, i just can share the idea :D Also i found the history and save folder in C drive, is that normal ? i still keep the history in the root folder but if it no more use for new version i will delete. If the app auto create this new folders in C drive, that may the reason antivirus take it as threat
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 19 Apr 2017, 21:18

Also i found the history and save folder in C drive, is that normal
One of the previous versions had a bug that when lauching from a shortcut the application directory was not determined correctly. It is fixed a couple of versions ago so you can safely remove \history and \save directories from C

I'm not a coder so it's hard for me to know if possible we can do something,
What you want to achieve is possible. What I mean is I cannot do the work from Mtgdb.Gui side. It is really about improving DotP deck builder, not my app. Of course I could take this work as any developer could, but I feel no enthousiasm in boiling down to some external program as anyone familiar with it could do the same work spending 10% of effort I would.

For instance Magarena, Forge and XMage took care of users who want to import deck from some extenral program. They made some mechanisms to allow end-user to open some arbitrary files and try to guess what cards are there. Even the native formats are designed in a way that they are easy to replicate. In case with DotP deckbuilder importing a deck from XMage or Forge, Magarena (the simplest) or any other fixed deck format is a feature that should be requested in DotP Deck Editor forum from their developers. The point is to have DotP deckbuilder support any format in which the card is identified by its common properties such as name, multiverseid or any other publicly known property.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 19 Apr 2017, 21:50

By the way, I remembered a funny moment I faced with XMage format.
The card is stored in a line like:
4 [SOI:12] Angel of darkness // possibly some comment
12 is the number of card in set SOI whithin XMage. When I create a file like this where do I get this 12 from?
Well I didn't manage to derive a common rule. Often it matches Number (printed in card, also available in mtgjson data file), MciNumber and even the order of cards in mtgjson file. But in some case it doesn't.
I was ready to giveup the idea of saving to XMage format but the last moment I remembered that those numbers start from 1. So I put 0 everywhere and it worked :D XMage developers took care of folks like me that have no way to know exactly what number a card would have inside their program. Really cool guys!
hidalgo

Postby aidscoi168 » 20 Apr 2017, 04:35

Yeah i know, from the start DotP is commercial game, even new game as DotP 2015 and Magic duel had change the core files so the community still can't mod them yet. other app like the deckbuilder and the community wad mod just have goal to use for DotP2014 mod then them have limitation about working with others system like Xmage or Forge. At this time i think Mtgdb.Gui almost done ( with main features, just side deck left ) as a database station
aidscoi168

Postby aidscoi168 » 20 Apr 2017, 14:53

Hi, i just update the version .19 and the app may not read the file name as before, i want to add infomation about artwork like the size and medium the artist use ( traditional mostly ). older version just read the file name before first dot (.) so the long file name not affect result of showing artwork images.
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 20 Apr 2017, 20:12

older version just read the file name before first dot (.)
That's right, I changed this because it gives incorrect card names for cards like

Tell me what kind of extensions do you use in card names so that I can specifically treat them not as part of card's name.

Currently after splitting by dot I include the following parts to card name:
  • first part
  • any part containing space
  • any part shorter or equal to 1 symbol
hidalgo

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers