It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:13

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collect

Postby hidalgo » 14 Dec 2020, 12:52

Heris wrote:Hi Nikolay,
first I wish to thank you very much for this excellent software to manage my MTG Arena cards collection, and it's free too.
I find very useful the option to track the deck cards that are missing in my collection but I think I have found a bug in deck list. As you can see from the attached screenshot, the deck "Gain Punish" is loaded in main tab where it says "main deck 60/60" and this is correct, but on deck list it says "main deck 56". The same thing occurs for all the other decks in the row (Garruk, Golgari Reanimator, etc) and for many others which aren't visible in the screenshot.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help
Hi Herris!
I will look at it the next weekend. Please send me (attach to reply post) a saved deck file in Mtgdb.Gui (.json) format, to help me reproduce the issue.
hidalgo

Postby Heris » 14 Dec 2020, 15:31

Hi Nikolay,
I think I have pinpointed the issue but I haven't found a solution yet. The issue occurs when a collection of cards is imported in Mtgdb.Gui.
In the first image attached to this post the collection isn't imported yet and the cards count in the list below is correct.
In the second image, after importing a collection of 2714 cards as a txt file, the cards count "Main Deck" for some decks on the list below is wrong.
I have attached the deck "Gain Punish" zipped in json format as you requested.
I have imported the collection as the following two examples and in both cases I got the Main deck count error

Best regards

A)
3 Acclaimed Contender
3 Acolyte of Affliction
2 Acquisitions Expert
2 Adaptive Shimmerer
1 Adventure Awaits
B)
3 Acclaimed Contender (ELD)
3 Acolyte of Affliction (THB)
2 Acquisitions Expert (ZNR)
2 Adaptive Shimmerer (IKO)
1 Adventure Awaits (ZNR)
Attachments
Gain Punish.zip
(866 Bytes) Downloaded 268 times
Before importing collection.jpg
After importing collection.jpg
Heris

Postby Heris » 14 Dec 2020, 23:50

Hi Nikolay,
perhaps I've found the cause of the issue or maybe it's not related to it.
As you can see from the first image attached to this post, I don't have any cards of Spirit of Malevolence in my collection, this is correct.
When I load the deck "Gain Punish" from the list, Mtgdb.Gui shows that I have 4 Spirit of Malevolence cards, as you can see from the second image attached.
Maybe this issues occurs for other decks too, I'll check tomorrow.

Thank you again for your help
Attachments
Spirit of Malevolence.jpg
Gain Punish deck.jpg
Heris

Postby Heris » 16 Dec 2020, 11:52

Hello again,
probably the "Main deck" row in the deck list tab shows the number of cards owned in collection and not the number of cards of the full deck.
This should explain why in the "Gain Punish" deck the Main deck in deck list tab is 56 cards and not 60 but this doesn't explain why Mtgdb.gui in the Main deck tab considers as owned in the collection the 4 copies of "Spirit of Malevolence" whereas for the card "Revenge of Ravens" it accurately shows that the deck needs 3 copies of the card and I have 1 copy in collection, which is true.

Best regards
Heris

Postby Heris » 19 Dec 2020, 09:33

Hello,
I've further checked the issue and definitely something is wrong because for other decks also, not only for "Gain Punish" deck, Mtgdb.Gui in "Main deck" tab shows ,as owned, cards that aren't in collection. For example it showed i had all cards in a 60 cards deck but actually there were 6 Rares and 1 Mythic I hadn't in collection.

Best regards
Heris

Postby hidalgo » 22 Dec 2020, 02:03

Wasn't able to look in to the issue this weekend, despite the promise, sorry. Dead tired after work, slept 2 whole days.
I will definitely look at it the holidays 1-st January. Hopefully sooner.
hidalgo

Postby Heris » 22 Dec 2020, 07:51

Hi Nikolay,
no problem, of course; just keep rested after work. Mtgdb.Gui is a very good software, plenty of features, and I know you develop it with passion for Magic: The Gathering and release it free of charge for us MTG players.

Thank you again and keep up the good work
Heris

Postby azra1l » 06 Jan 2021, 17:02

I wrote an issue for this on the github page, but since this forum is listed as the place to address suggestions, here i go:

I prefer to play in tabletopsimulator with friends, and an option to save in that format would be the absolute dream.

TTS api is still a big black hole to me, all i could find was this
https://kb.tabletopsimulator.com/custom ... stom-deck/

So far i've built my TTS decks with https://www.frogtown.me/ - it does the job, even get's most of the tokens right, but it's very slow and buggy at times. But maybe it could help to understand the format better...

It would be ultra awesome if you could consider adding this to your app.

Also, i have something what i assume to be a graphic glitch with the buttons on the lower right side, they slide up and down if i hover with the mouse courser, any idea what that might be?

Thanks in advance!
azra1l

Postby hidalgo » 07 Jan 2021, 05:07

Also, i have something what i assume to be a graphic glitch with the buttons on the lower right side, they slide up and down if i hover with the mouse courser, any idea what that might be?
In most cases the filter buttons in Mtgdb.Gui have 2 separate rows (or columns for vertical button groups)
The first row or column is to combine button filters through OR operator, the second is for AND

See the page on wiki on filter buttons

As user hovers the mouse over the button group the button in corresponding row or column gets highlighted, which I believe, produced an impression of a glitch.
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 08 Jan 2021, 00:55

Hi Herris, the bug with numbers in deck list is fixed in 4.1.0.7
hidalgo

Postby hidalgo » 08 Jan 2021, 01:13

It would be ultra awesome if you could consider adding this to your app.
Hello azra1l, at the moment I don't develop Mtgdb.Gui much, only fixing any reported bugs, and even this with quite some delays.

However I am going to review and help any incoming merge requests in a timely fashion.
hidalgo

Postby ironpotato » 17 Jan 2021, 21:31

Hopefully these problems aren't due to me editing the JSON. I got delayed in messing with that as well. Was going to try and work on it a bit tonight. Holidays came and then I was sick the last couple of weeks.
ironpotato

Postby hidalgo » 17 Jan 2021, 22:18

Hopefully these problems aren't due to me editing the JSON
Absolutely not, the bug with counting cards in deck list was just a regular bug in the app code.

As to modified JSON, the last version of Mtgjson.com file loads fine, I guess they've fixed whatever was breaking Mtgdb.Gui before.
hidalgo

Postby ironpotato » 18 Jan 2021, 15:43

hidalgo wrote:
Hopefully these problems aren't due to me editing the JSON
Absolutely not, the bug with counting cards in deck list was just a regular bug in the app code.

As to modified JSON, the last version of Mtgjson.com file loads fine, I guess they've fixed whatever was breaking Mtgdb.Gui before.
Yeah, I noticed that, that's good news as I started work on another little project. I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread, because I wouldn't mind getting more exposure to the actual program code. Might be able to contribute some features eventually.
ironpotato

Postby aidscoi168 » 20 Jan 2021, 17:13

I guess the json data file, which is newest version cause the index loading error again
aidscoi168

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers