It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:15

Text Size

Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collection

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Mtgdb.Gui: search MTG cards, build decks, manage collect

Postby Jim Lahey » 27 Oct 2020, 00:11

I'm also having issues getting this to work. It looks awesome though!

Mine appears to be stuck at "pending index load" whenever I try to search a keyword.

I believe I have all of the files downloaded but can't get any cards to appear.

If there's anything specific you'd like me to try, please let me know.
Jim Lahey

Postby hidalgo » 27 Oct 2020, 00:37

Jim Lahey wrote:I'm also having issues getting this to work. It looks awesome though!

Mine appears to be stuck at "pending index load" whenever I try to search a keyword.

I believe I have all of the files downloaded but can't get any cards to appear.

If there's anything specific you'd like me to try, please let me know.
I can see you thanked my prevous post. So, am I right assuming that you tried the recommendation and it doesn't work / doesn't help / is unclear ?

Anyway, if it didn't, download Mtgdb.Gui.zip again, I have packaged cards data into .zip so it should work fine.
Last edited by hidalgo on 27 Oct 2020, 00:47, edited 2 times in total.
hidalgo

Postby Jim Lahey » 27 Oct 2020, 00:46

Yeah I've tried all the updates, I'm almost done downloading MQ images, I thought I had previously done this but apparently it did not save?

Was thinking it should at least show some card information though without those files.

I will try that again as well if it's not working after this download is complete. Thanks for the help!
Jim Lahey

Postby hidalgo » 27 Oct 2020, 00:48

Jim Lahey wrote:Yeah I've tried all the updates, I'm almost done downloading MQ images, I thought I had previously done this but apparently it did not save?
The images are saved within unzipped application directory, so if you delete the old app directory, the images are deleted as well
hidalgo

Postby Jim Lahey » 27 Oct 2020, 01:07

Awesome it works now! Thanks a lot, this program seems really cool.
Jim Lahey

Postby Jim Lahey » 27 Oct 2020, 01:11

One quick question.

Do you happen to know of any way I can convert a Magician .lst file into one of the formats you support? Seems like I could maybe convert it into CSV somehow but unsure. The list in notepad looks like this:

1 0 "Abuna Acolyte" "Scars of Mirrodin" 0
3 0 "Academy Raider" "Magic 2014 Core Set" 0
1 0 "Accorder's Shield" "Magic 2014 Core Set" 0
3 0 "Accursed Spirit" "Magic 2014 Core Set" 0
5 0 "Acidic Slime" "Magic 2013" 0

edit: Nevermind I figured out how to export the list into a more simple format!
Jim Lahey

Postby aidscoi168 » 27 Oct 2020, 17:28

Hi, did you some how have the "safe" data that contain Zendikar Rising ? i remember one before the error happen we still can searc for ZNR
aidscoi168

Postby hidalgo » 28 Oct 2020, 21:31

aidscoi168 wrote:Hi, did you some how have the "safe" data that contain Zendikar Rising ? i remember one before the error happen we still can searc for ZNR
Hi, aidscoi. I looked it up, I don't have any data file with Zendikar Rizing. I also found no way to download an older file from mtgjson.com. Sorry about that.
hidalgo

Postby ironpotato » 03 Nov 2020, 03:58

Hadn't seen an update on this, so I thought I'd dig into it. I've been looking through the JSON. The DB only loads 225 sets, (assuming it reports the last set it loaded) the problem is somewhere in the Kaladesh Inventions block. Haven't had time to compare differences in the new file with the old. But plan to write a little script to spit out differences between the files. I've got a lot of new cards I need to add and I can't do it until I get Zendikar in the DB :D

I'll let you know if I find anything more. I haven't read through the JSON loading code for the DB either. Hopefully something will make itself known easy enough without that.

Edit: Got a python script setup to edit the JSON. It is not the Kaladesh portion like I thought. I'll keep playing with it this week and see. It must be something in the new set throwing it off. Guess I'll just start cutting pieces until I figure it out.

Edit Edit: Tried to post this last night but it didn't save. The problem is with the Zendikar Rising Minigames section. MZNR. I haven't been able to match it down to a single issue yet. I've tried replacing the text incase it was too long. That didn't help. So there's something else in there mtgdb.gui doesn't like.

Here's a working Zendikar Rising File, I just have that problem section removed currently. You'll have to update from mtgjson and then replace the broken AllPrintings.json in the data folder with this one. (My account is too new to put links to downloads, asked a mod if they could post it)
ironpotato

Postby Huggybaby » 04 Nov 2020, 13:10

Posting for ironpotato:

Mtgdb.Gui uncompressed:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2xr1sv (228MB)

Mtgdb.Gui 7zip compressed:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5m4r4a (27MB)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby ironpotato » 04 Nov 2020, 14:58

Thanks Huggybaby :)

The section I removed is just a bunch of tokens. But I'm going to try and find and fix the actual issue with the JSON. If hidalgo doesn't beat me to it that is.
ironpotato

Postby hidalgo » 04 Nov 2020, 15:35

ironpotato wrote:Thanks Huggybaby :)

The section I removed is just a bunch of tokens. But I'm going to try and find and fix the actual issue with the JSON. If hidalgo doesn't beat me to it that is.
I am really thankful your help, Ironpotato. I have published Mtgdb.Gui with the fixed data file you provided.

For the near future I have no available time to do the fixes, but if you manage to do it, I will immediately include your changes to the application.
hidalgo

Postby Jim Lahey » 13 Nov 2020, 02:23

I tried updating mine for some reason :) It doesn't work anymore :(, totally understand that you don't have the time for this. Thanks for your work so far!
Jim Lahey

Postby hidalgo » 14 Nov 2020, 14:54

Jim Lahey wrote:I tried updating mine for some reason :) It doesn't work anymore :(
Hi, Jim Lahey. What is broken? Downloading the update, installing, starting after installing update?
hidalgo

Postby Heris » 30 Nov 2020, 11:38

Hi Nikolay,
first I wish to thank you very much for this excellent software to manage my MTG Arena cards collection, and it's free too.
I find very useful the option to track the deck cards that are missing in my collection but I think I have found a bug in deck list. As you can see from the attached screenshot, the deck "Gain Punish" is loaded in main tab where it says "main deck 60/60" and this is correct, but on deck list it says "main deck 56". The same thing occurs for all the other decks in the row (Garruk, Golgari Reanimator, etc) and for many others which aren't visible in the screenshot.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help
Attachments
Mtgdb.gui list.jpg
Heris

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers