It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:11

Text Size

How to add cards to DOTP 2015?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How to add cards to DOTP 2015?

Postby walkon32 » 30 Nov 2016, 07:58

Dear Community

I spent some of the past hours with reading the threads around editing the ZED file type which replaced WAD in DOTP 2015. I understand that it's possible to convert ZED to ZIP and vica versa. However it is still unclear to me how to add cards (maybe from previous games) to 2015. Can maybe one of the knowledgeable members make a summary how to achieve this? For example I would like to have Vampire Nocturnus in the game.

Thank you
walkon32

Re: How to add cards to DOTP 2015?

Postby thefiremind » 30 Nov 2016, 09:49

First, a word of warning: the support you'll get for modding DotP2015 will be scarce, because nobody here made extensive tests and it's hard to remember peculiar things about an engine we used for such a short time. Nonetheless, if you need help on a card you took from DotP2014 that doesn't work on DotP2015, I'll try to assist you as much as I can. Don't try to add any of the Planeswalker approximations from DotP2014, because they'll crash the game (they would need a rework so that they don't use the Planeswalker type at all, in order to be compatible with DotP2015).

Start from this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=17284
I have just attached the test contents I made for DotP2015. You can download them and see how a ZED file is made internally. You'll also find a link to my D15Tool which will hopefully be helpful (you'll be able to use the Workspace section which is exclusively for DotP2015... you probably are the only one in the forums who gets to see how it works :mrgreen:).

Feel free to use that same topic in order to ask for assistance, or if you want to open a different topic, do that in the DotP2015 sub-forum as well, so it will be easier for other people to find all DotP2015-related material in the future.

walkon32 wrote:I understand that it's possible to convert ZED to ZIP and vica versa.
Yes but you'll actually never use that capability, just because it's far easier to work on unpacked folders and transform them to ZED directly, rather than transforming to ZIP in the middle.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers