It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:19

Text Size

DotP 2014: replacing splash screen, main menu & removing ads

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DotP 2014: replacing splash screen, main menu & removing ads

Postby membran » 15 Jul 2017, 16:29

hey guys,
has the modding community already figured out how to change some of the backgrounds in the main menu of DotP 2014? I'm asking because the splash screen with Chandra on loadup is... really quite ugly. Same goes for the actual main menu background image (although that one is animated and maybe more complicated to replace).

On that note, between the opening splash ("press enter!") and the actual main menu the game is inserting a full page advertisement for various stuff, mostly DLC for that game (of which I have bought everything already anyway, so it's especially irritating). Getting rid of that ad-screen would be nice as well. So, is this something that's already been done or is at least in the realm of possible with this game?
membran

Re: DotP 2014: replacing splash screen, main menu & removing

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Jul 2017, 14:45

I responded to this in Discord, since I saw it there first, but for anyone who sees this and is curious, I'll mirror the response here, too.

You can get rid of the start-up ads very easily by going into the settings in-game and finding the server driven content option. Disable that, and the start-up ads should stop showing up.

To answer the question of changing the background image, it'd be a matter of finding the image in the game's core wad files (drop them onto the Universal Gibeed Converter.exe, one by one), and putting a new image at the same path. Not sure it'd work properly since I know a few image-paths are hard coded, not dynamic. For instance, we can't replace the chaos symbol. However, it will hopefully only be the small symbols that are hard-coded and the others will work. If you do convert the files to look around inside of them, note that most of the image files will be in a format called TDX. These will also need to be dropped on the converter to be able to see them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers