It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:40

Text Size

The future of Magic netplay...?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

The future of Magic netplay...?

Postby Mariodood » 13 Jul 2010, 15:50

Now that people have started modding this game, anyone else feel like this is the future? Maybe Magic players can finally have a way to play MTG online with a decent interface.

Dunno what else to say. We need to get more people modding this..lets make some tutorials or something!
Mariodood

Re: The future of Magic netplay...?

Postby Uresti » 13 Jul 2010, 17:06

hey Mariodood!

Dotp is not a replacement to MTGO but can be modded to have a lot of cards and since engine is apart of the interface we could add some additional functions but i doubt we can make a server at least not in the near future.
Here we have basic tutorials and the members have found interesting things about coding cards im sure they will be happy to share and explain to others.
Uresti

Re: The future of Magic netplay...?

Postby Epiphany » 13 Jul 2010, 17:23

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if one day Wizards replaces the MTG Online engine with this one, officially.

The interface still needs a bit of work though, for example when using multicolour decks I'd like to be able to choose which lands I tap, that really annoys me! :)

And welcome to the forums, the more the merrier! :)
Epiphany

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers