It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:21

Text Size

Can't unlock Forest's Fury cards

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Can't unlock Forest's Fury cards

Postby johny7gr » 24 Feb 2020, 14:02

The title says it all. When I use Forest's Fury deck and win a match, it pops up a message that I unlocked a card. I go to deck manager I see the new card, I add the new card to the deck, I can play the new card. But, whenever I decide to close the game I lose all unlocked cards. I also noticed that if I add an unlocked card in the deck, then close the game, then I lose my unlocked card and the I win again, I see in my deck the unlocked card, because I put it in the first time I unlocked it. I also tried unlocking 8 cards and also tried unlocking the whole deck. Still, same problem. I didn't try buying to unlock the whole deck because I'm afraid that I'll just lose my money. Any suggestions guys, please help.
Thank you in advance
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
johny7gr

Re: Can't unlock Forest's Fury cards

Postby RiiakShiNal » 25 Feb 2020, 11:26

First off, I don't have DotP 2012 so I can only guess as to what is wrong.

If you are using a modded DotP 2012 then you could be experiencing a similar problem to what we see with modded DotP 2013 & DotP 2014 in that there are a limited number of deck configurations that can be saved in the player profile and the game has chosen to save a different deck's configuration instead of the official deck's configuration. The easiest way around that is to add a specially constructed WAD that unlocks all decks unlocks. In 2013 and 2014 the player profile can only barely store deck configurations for all official decks, so if even a single modded deck is added in then at least one deck won't be able to save its configuration (sometimes the official deck configurations aren't saved).

Alternately, you could try to "fix" (not a real fix since some other deck would likely start showing the same problem) the issue by temporarily removing all mods, deleting your DotP player profile (game will create a new one on load, though this resets all progress), then play some to modify the Forest's Fury deck, save the changes and exit. If done properly the game should save that deck's configuration and remember the changes when you bring it back up. After that point you should be able to add the mods back in and play normally as deck configurations usually aren't replaced.

Other possibilities as to what is wrong (that I can guess at) are:
  • The game can't write to the player profile. This can sometimes be fixed by running with Administrator rights.
  • Something in the player profile is corrupt. This can be corrected simply by deleting the player profile (will reset all progress).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: Can't unlock Forest's Fury cards

Postby SkiF-1 » 02 May 2020, 08:15

I came across a similar problem, there is also a question.
SkiF-1

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers