It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:27

Text Size

DotP 2015: how best to use AI decks?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DotP 2015: how best to use AI decks?

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 28 May 2020, 14:36

EDIT: I seem to have solved the problem by just editing the existing cardpool (having backed the original files up of course). Still, if there's a better way I'd of course love to know it!
---
I'm trying to use AI decks in DotP 2015 and have ran into a pretty big problem.

So, many AI cards aren't in the game. Easily solved with Nayozzz's unlocker wads. But due to game restraints (I guess?) the cards are in quite random quantities such as only 2x Savannah Lions. However, I did a test and replaced some cards with duplicates, and that worked. For instance, I changed a card with Honor of the Pure and as a result I had 2 Honor of the Pures next to each other each with their own quantity.

Now, for example Living Death uses 4x Scathe Zombies. To ensure I'd get 4 of them, I did this in his .wad (replacing the original cards using those id's of course):

Code: Select all
  <card name="SCATHE_ZOMBIES_387320" id="373" />
  <card name="SCATHE_ZOMBIES_387320" id="374" />
  <card name="SCATHE_ZOMBIES_387320" id="375" />
  <card name="SCATHE_ZOMBIES_387320" id="376" />
But now all of a sudden it doesn't work! In fact, I don't even have a single Scathe Zombies this way! What's going on? How to fix this? And no, I didn't surpass the limit: his DATA_050 goes to 995, I went to only 726. I also tried with the rest filled up from the original .wad, but that wasn't the problem.

So... anyone knows how to solve this or some other solution to use AI decks relatively painlessly? An advantage of this "solution" (if only it worked the way my test revealed it should've worked...) is that I could just copy and paste the cards from the decklists into DATA_050's D15_INNISTRAD_REWARDS.xml, only having to change the id numbers (since in the decklists they represent the deck slot), then copy and paste them in DATA_000's (color)_ARCHETYPE files so I can easily open them by just building a new deck in-game, then return to DATA_050 to change all instances of "deckOrderId" into "id" (easily done with a word processor).
GamerXYZ0

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers