It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:47

Text Size

Seeking help with M14 on Steam, Cloud issues?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Seeking help with M14 on Steam, Cloud issues?

Postby BairStrokes » 27 Mar 2021, 09:09

Hello people!

I come here with a perhaps odd request... 2 days ago my harddisk burned out, nothing i could do :/ So i get a new, install steam and Magic 2014... Lost all data, turns out many people have this issue, and i never thought about saving the data myself, since well.. Cloud should work.

I was then told people here could help me, i had all cards and all decks unlocked, most personas and titles too.

This is my steam account, as you can see, over 200 hours played and all achievements unlocked, but yeah.... back to scratch :/ (EDIT: Wanted to link my steam account but it says Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.) So you can search for ArmyOfMushrooms, from denmark.

The latest comment on my profile sent me here.

Well, thats it. Hope you guys can help!
BairStrokes

Re: Seeking help with M14 on Steam, Cloud issues?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 19 Apr 2021, 10:41

There are ways to edit the actual profile to unlock everything, but it is usually easier to just create an override WAD which can fully unlock all decks.

Editing profiles requires hex editing and then rebuilding the profile's hash (there is a utility on the forums somewhere to rebuild the hash, but I'm not sure where it is currently). This method is compatible with the standard MtG:DotP 2014 multiplayer.

To build a WAD that unlocks all decks you'll need the Wad Check Disabler and Gibbed Tools. Then you'll extract the Data_Decks_* wads pull out the deck XML files (that you want to unlock) and edit them to change the steam_id_1 and steam_id_2 to an ID that you already have (like 213850 which is the base DotP 2014 game). Put the edited deck XMLs into a new WAD (or a directory structured like a WAD, with appropriate header XML) then the decks will be permanently unlocked as long as that WAD is in the directory (even if you wipe your profile multiple times). This method is NOT compatible with multiplayer.

P.S. After you reach about 5 posts then you'll be able to post links (and even edit older posts to include links if desired). It is an anti-spam measure employed by the forums.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers