It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:22

Text Size

SVN Repository doesn't work (and an unrelated question)

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

SVN Repository doesn't work (and an unrelated question)

Postby GamerXYZ » 23 Aug 2010, 20:44

Hello,

Yesterday (yeah, way before this account) I tried downloading the community DLC following the steps, but it just gave "'-link of SVN Repository (correctly written, no random space)-' path not found". Thinking it might've been just temporarily down, I waited. But now it still doesn't work. Is this supposed to, or is there something going on that only affects me?

As for the unrelated question, what exactly is the community DLC consisting of? Are the "SVN UPDATED R138/141" topics of the same DLC? And from what I see in the images, it includes NOVA eXTendeD #2? (or perhaps even an updated version).
Yeah, I'm probably asking this because I can't download the community DLC, but I guess the answer would be useful nonetheless. It'd be useful to know if I could just rely on the community DLC for all the posted mods (I guess the mods with cards that don't work won't be in the DLC, but I wouldn't need those anyway).
GamerXYZ

Re: SVN Repository doesn't work (and an unrelated question)

Postby ProphetSword » 23 Aug 2010, 21:03

On a related note, since I can't seem to get the repository working either, is there any chance someone will zip these files up and upload them somewhere where we can download them without having to go through these steps?
ProphetSword

Postby GamerXYZ » 23 Aug 2010, 21:17

I wouldn't worry about the steps. The preparation steps are pretty short, and once those are done, it's the same as normal downloading. Afterwards, way faster for updates.

But good to see it's not a problem just on my side, fortunately. Well, bad for you and everyone of course, but at least that means it's an error on their side (or Google's), and thus it's bound to be fixed in a while.
GamerXYZ

Postby Yanna » 23 Aug 2010, 21:53

Hey people !

For the first answer, yes the Community DLC includes every DLC released as separate downloads files, plus more stuff (such as new cards, decks, fixes, etc...). The SVN UPDATED Rxxx topics means the 'source repository' on google has been updated, and you can get the latest goodies just clicking on 'Turtoise SVN -> Update'.

Btwn just realized that there is an error in the link on the wiki page, the link you should enter is :

https://dopt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

(dopt instead of dotp). Maybe this will fix your errors (at least i hope).

See ya around,

Yanna a.k.a NOVA
Yanna

Postby lozanogo » 23 Aug 2010, 22:56

Hi all,
I wanted to point that also when trying to download the repository there seems to be an error on the tortoise. Could it be that still the project manager (pun1sher666) hasn't granted access?

Thanks and, bythe way, excellent work with the moddings!! I'm pretty excited about the possibilities to include so many different cards and, especially, the work done behind the scenes to understand and create new effects (like multi-lands or other complex interactions). Good work!
lozanogo

Postby pun1sher666 » 23 Aug 2010, 23:05

Hi all,

You just need to have a google account to retrieve the repository using tortoise SVN, no access grant is needed. Access granting is just needed for developpers.

You just have to follow the tutorial wrote by Yanna using the https://dopt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk url (with dopt and not dotp... sorry for the mistake ! :))
pun1sher666

Postby GamerXYZ » 24 Aug 2010, 12:09

Thank you, that link works correctly. And great to know I just need to keep the DLC updated to have all the (significant) mods on here.
GamerXYZ

Postby lozanogo » 24 Aug 2010, 18:32

I all, I got to download the repository... I followed wrongly one step.. #-o ...
lozanogo

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers