It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:47

Text Size

An Idea about Precons

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: An Idea about Precons

Postby otherright » 30 Aug 2010, 01:45

Yanna, that's great that you were so quickly able to code those cards. Keep up the great work. I think Way of the Warrior will play good against the original campaign decks.

If you like, I can post the other CoK decks.
otherright

Postby Yanna » 30 Aug 2010, 17:43

Hummm don't be so fast wait until i released this one ;) beside i already found them on a WOTC page ^^

Suprinsingly a card that i can barely think on how to code is Reciprocate. I know a way to 'mark' creatures that dealt damage to you, but there is no way it could fit in a filter for targetting.
I'm thinking of replcaing it by Path to Exile, while being a slighly better removal i think it suits the deck.

I'll try to have a go at the flip card, But it will not flip, rather 'spawn' its counterpart.
Yanna

Postby kevlahnota » 30 Aug 2010, 18:59

hmmm, then increment the register everytime the player took damage, since the initial value of register is 0:

Code: Select all
Register_Object_Set( 0+Register_Get( 0 ), TriggerObject() )
Register_Inc( 0 )
then set local index:
mycount = Register_Get( 0 )
after that
for i=0, mycount do  ( I think you know the rest.....)
then reset the Register to 0 every beginning of step (another static ability)
Register_Clear( 0 )
now for the filter we must use Subject:GetRef() == Register_Object_Get( i ):GetRef() inside a function. :shock:

or this ( a much better method )

for i=0, mycount do
Object():GetFilter():SetCardInstance( Register_Object_Get( i ) )
end

I'm not 100% on how it will work but I think there's a way to filter it.

That's how i think about reciprocate.

Yanna wrote:Hummm don't be so fast wait until i released this one ;) beside i already found them on a WOTC page ^^

Suprinsingly a card that i can barely think on how to code is Reciprocate. I know a way to 'mark' creatures that dealt damage to you, but there is no way it could fit in a filter for targetting.
I'm thinking of replcaing it by Path to Exile, while being a slighly better removal i think it suits the deck.

I'll try to have a go at the flip card, But it will not flip, rather 'spawn' its counterpart.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Yanna » 30 Aug 2010, 19:30

Yeah i've thought about that, and it needs to remember either :
- every creature card that dealt damage to you (thus registering objects on itself).
- set a register on each creature that dealt damage to you (like TriggerObject():Register_Set(6,1) ).

There's a problem for both choices (but it's not the biggest problem) :
- storing objects means you're maxed at 8 possible targets. Altought it's unlikely to be dealt damage by 8 creatures and survive it could be possible.
- storing registers on other cards, while you don't know if they are used for something else, is just plain ugly. I'm actually using more and more 'hidden registers', such as tracking bushido points. This is a no-no solution.

The real problem is that you will need to build a filter from what you tracked, because you'll have to choose a target from those very cards. Think of it, how would you describe that filter ?

Let's have a try :
Object():GetFilter_Clear()
Object():GetFilter():AddCardType( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
Object():GetFilter():SetZone( ZONE_IN_PLAY )

This is the part i'm struggling on actually, you still need to 'divide' those potential targets beetween those that dealt damage to you and those that didn't.

But i'm all open for any help on this one ;)

EDIT : Saw you mentionned 'SetCardInstance'. I've never used it previously but apparently Brion Stoutarm has it. Could be a neat solution if this could be useful on such a case !

EDIT2 : Looked at SetCardInstance. Good and bad news (thought didn't test it really, just what i'm feeling about it).
=> You could specify the objects you want to add to the filter, making the object registering a possible (and neat) solution.
=> As it is labeled as a 'Set' method type, i guess it can be used only once unlike the 'Add' methods :S
Yanna

Postby Yanna » 31 Aug 2010, 19:20

Gotta love this one ;)

Managed to code a working Bushi Tenderfoot ^^ I think way of the warrior will be finished by the end of this week...
Yanna

Postby Yanna » 04 Sep 2010, 08:52

otherright wrote:Or how about way of the Warrior from Champions of Kamigawa : Way of the Warrior
Done ;)

All informations are located in this release thread : http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3063&p=40547#p40547
Yanna

Postby otherright » 04 Sep 2010, 18:53

Thanks. Awesome. I'll try to play it late tonight, or in the morning. I have no idea what time I'll get in. We have four fighters competing tonight on a very long 23 match fight card. We drew 1, 4, 10, and 20.

I have towels, Vaseline, mouse, bucket, swabs, and sponge ready. No, its not a Men's Restroom Social with 80's pop stars, its fight night.
otherright

Postby Uresti » 05 Sep 2010, 00:21

No, its not a Men's Restroom Social with 80's pop stars

LOL
Uresti

Postby otherright » 05 Sep 2010, 05:27

Well, I'm off to test this new deck. Thanks for building it.

I know this following comment doesn't belong here, but my night was a f*cking Greek tragedy. Only two of our four fighters got to fight. Our first fighter got set up against a seasoned fighter from the best gym in this region. It was our fighters first fight. He lost. Our other fighter, who's record was 14-2, his guy dropped out and the freaking Middleweight champ's guy dropped out, so they gave our guy a title shot 30 minutes before the event... and he took it. He lost, of course. So my night sucked... really, really bad.
otherright

Postby Uresti » 06 Sep 2010, 00:48

oh i thought that was a joke :O sorry to hear about your fights night.. better luck next time!
Uresti

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers