It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:56

Text Size

Custom Cards Interaction With the Original Decks!

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Custom Cards Interaction With the Original Decks!

Postby Bog Wraith » 06 Sep 2010, 18:16

I have been playing quite a few games over the last 2 days & one problem I have encountered is whenever I play with a custom deck with any of the new cards you guys have added in against any of the original decks that came with the game, The AI playing with the original decks will play 1 land, then simply do nothing but discard every turn to 7 cards.

The AI most of the time, will not play anymore lands, just keeps discarding until the game is over.

When I play custom deck vs custom deck, all works great!

I also built a deck using the deck editor. I used cards only from the original game. When I play that against the AI using their original decks, everything works fine.

It seems that this problem only comes up when playing the custom decks vs the original decks.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wanted to let you guys know just in case I missed it here somewhere in another thread.

BTW, I'm having a BLAST playing with the cards you guys coded and with the decks you made. The game is way more fun to play then with the standard cards & decks that came with it.

I bought the PC version just so I could play with the cards you guys coded. I've owned the Xbox 360 version of the game since it first came out and being able to play with new cards and a deck builder is much more fun and much more like playing real MTG. Hasbro really screwed up when they limited the game to no deck building or other card manipulation.

Yes, I understand why they did this for online play, but vs the computer? No, they blew it there!

So keep up the good work fellas! I'm loving what your doing.

I hope we can get a new deck builder soon so we can see the names of the custom cards when we try to build decks using them! [-o<
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Custom Cards Interaction With the Original Decks!

Postby Uresti » 07 Sep 2010, 01:41

ohhhh!! welcome to the forums Bog Wraith! hope to see more people enjoy DOTP as we love Manalink.

without "making less" the good work and effort made by other dotp modders we were excited adding new cards to the engine, so we forgot to made every card 100& compatible with the AI, plus the number of available DLCs that can contribute to that incompatibility. IMAO due to the tedious work to make a card. test the card, edit AI deck let the AI play the card, etc.

Greetings from an old user from the old manalink forums :)
Uresti

Re: Custom Cards Interaction With the Original Decks!

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Sep 2010, 16:22

Thanks Uresti!

I understand now why the game sometimes plays as it does with the original decks. This has been a very fun experience playing with all the new cards & decks this past weekend & I look forward to seeing what more you guys come up with! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers