It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:05

Text Size

Simple question

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Simple question

Postby Teqweb » 21 Oct 2010, 20:37

I was wandering what happened to all those very good coders? I've enjoyed all of your decks and cant wait to see some more :P
Teqweb

Re: Simple question

Postby Bog Wraith » 21 Oct 2010, 21:37

This is a guess of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Video & Steam had something to do with it. Seems very coincidental that all the guys have been absent in the last 2 weeks. They could have gotten a legal notification forcing them from this site.

Again, this is just a guess on my part, but it might have some bite to it.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Teqweb » 21 Oct 2010, 22:04

i hope not but you might be right. They should instead hire these guys to make decks for them lol
Teqweb

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Oct 2010, 05:32

:lol: :lol:
Not really. I'm still busy with some things in real life that's all.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 22 Oct 2010, 12:25

Great to know Kev! :D

Just glad you're ok. Thanks for letting us know & we'll see you when you can find time later on! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby MonsieurKaZe » 22 Oct 2010, 17:08

Good news... I hope you and other coders will someday put more information on "how to code cards for newbie" on the Wiki.
I am not a coder but a huge fan of Magic and since me and a lot of my friends are playing DOTP, I would enjoy to add cards in order to build my OWN decks and share them to the community ^^

See you around :)
MonsieurKaZe

Postby captain video » 24 Oct 2010, 11:07

Bog Wraith wrote:This is a guess of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Video & Steam had something to do with it. Seems very coincidental that all the guys have been absent in the last 2 weeks. They could have gotten a legal notification forcing them from this site.

Again, this is just a guess on my part, but it might have some bite to it.
That's a highly irresponsible thing to say, particularly coming from a forum moderator. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. A small group of people were stupid enough to start a few threads about hacking DotP on Steam's own forum, and it resulted in several Steam accounts getting banned. I have no idea who was on that list or if there was any overlap with the modders who have been posting here, nor do I care. The whole point of my original post on the subject was to avoid that exact scenario, and you didn't seem to want to listen to me.

It's far more likely that the modders have started to realize the client isn't as flexible as you originally seemed to think it was (due to some serious bugs, which is something else I tried to explain before), and they've simply given up and moved on to other things.
captain video

Postby Huggybaby » 24 Oct 2010, 17:54

Even moderators are allowed to speculate, no matter how wrong they might be.

It was a coincidence. We are completely transparent, and whenever we are contacted by authorities we let it be known. Such was not the case in this situation.

The guy who started this forum moved and lost his internet. I expect him to return. Kev also will return. Barring that, we have enough documentation that more coders will eventually find us and be able to continue the project. This topic is young and has only begun to flourish. There are still hundreds if not thousands of cards yet to be done. The client has proven to be at least that flexible.

Thread locked.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 Oct 2010, 04:25

I wouldn't normally comment in a locked thread, but I take offence to Captain Videos remarks directed at me.

Sir, I'm allowed to speculate, whether I am a moderator or not. I kept out of any discussion when you were posting your opinions that frankly, I thought was nothing more than trying to bait people into a lot of nonsense. I respected your opinion and your right to post what you thought even though I vehemently disagreed with you.

If you don't like what someone says that is your right but don't come here and tell me what my responsibility is as a moderator or what I can talk about.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what you do . I & everyone else here don't need you to be our "moral compass".

Oh, and it's obvious that you don't read things before you type, do you! No, clearly the modders DID NOT decide to move on to other things as you put it, but as Kev points out just above, he has been busy with real life matters. Maybe it is you who doesn't want to listen.

So disagree with me & others here, fine, I have no problem with that. As I said, you have the right to voice your opinion as long as you don't start labelling & judging peoples character, and mister, you crossed that line with me!

From my way of seeing it, you bring nothing constructive by being a member here whether through constructive criticism or otherwise. Your tactics seemed to me in the views that you expressed, a form of a subliminal veiled threat & I didn't like it, but I stayed out of it. You started out your first post here by telling people that they needed a "stupidity check"!

I have answered this only because I will not stand by and let some one like you disrespect me & what I do here. I take what I do very seriously here. It is a labour of love & I WILL NOT have it sullied by the likes of you!

This thread will now be locked. You are free to post anything else in another thread, I however will not respond to any other comments from you & I will only take action if any of the regular guidelines that all of us abide by here are circumvented.

For me...end of discussion!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers