It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:06

Text Size

Aplying DLCs

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Aplying DLCs

Postby vegetarey » 27 Oct 2010, 15:41

hi to all, im new in the forum, and new in DOTP... I have downloaded various dlcs but... I really dont know how to install it #-o . I simply put the packed dlc with all the other (DOTP intallation directory) but nothing happened.. anyone can give me a hand please?
thanks in advance.
vegetarey

Re: Aplying DLCs

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Oct 2010, 16:47

Welcome aboard vegetarey! :)

Start here by reading the wiki with the first topic "How to start modding and unlock decks."

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/How_t ... lock_decks

Also, read this thread where I had some questions when I set up the mod for myself:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3123

Follow it step by step & let us know how it goes.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby vegetarey » 27 Oct 2010, 18:28

Well.. first of all, thanks for your answer, I have read the two threads, first, I have renamed the DLCs 6666 / 7777 / 9700 / 9999 to: _DATA_DLC_6666 etc etc. but nothing happen.. after that, I turn back to the original name (I think its only for the DATA_CORE and DATA_DLC_0004) and a lot of new decks appear! now, with this done, I want to recreate my own decks.. my decks are not the big deal. but perhaps I can upload so you can see it..
Thanks a lot again!

by the way, is a hard thing to do, make an in game deck creator? and i´ve read something about a TCP/IP that would be grate too... cost nothing to dream xD

emm.. and sorry for my bad bad english..
vegetarey

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Oct 2010, 19:05

Don't apologize for your english, it's fine :)

As for your decks, I created some of my own but only by creating an xml file & using the cards that were already coded in. I didn't create my own cards as I'm not a programmer & that's a skill I don't have.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby vegetarey » 27 Oct 2010, 21:29

Yes, I have modified 2 decks too, but I really don´t like much the cards of the game.. My green/white with enchat, Treva and Crosis is what I want :P
I will try =D
=========================================================================
Mmm I have a new question, I can add cards to my ¨custom¨ decks (DLC_0004) from another DLC? I add 4 llanowar elves to my deck and the card appear but with a undefined string message, I tried a couple of thing, like a drunk tossing files and configs into the DLC_0004 folder, but obviously, nothing happen..
Meanwhile I´m going to read an answer in some thread that talks about the undefined string.
thank in advance
vegetarey

Postby petitrudy » 28 Oct 2010, 07:41

I have made à custom deck editor

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPW5MWR6

Just unzip in your DOTP directory.

It load all cards of all DLC of dotp.

It doesn't put the name, description and avatar deck in PERMANENT_EXPANSION_PACK_COMMUNITY.XML.

You need to put it manually if you would.
petitrudy

Postby vegetarey » 28 Oct 2010, 22:20

Im going to try it. and tell you the results :)

======================================================
Something weird happened.. I put in one of the dlc_0004 decks 4 llanowar elves, in the deck editor the cards appear with the undefined string, and also in play, but I can use the card ability (tap: add G)..
======================
anyone knows what is SVN?? I see a thread with an SNV update but I dont know what is, nor what to do.. :S
sorry for not putting this in another thread, but I dont want to fill the forum with silly questions that maybe can be answered here.
================
I realized what SVN is, I think you should put the info on a sticky thread (actually is in the second page of SVN updates)
Now Im trying to figure how to access the data.. I´ve downloaded tortoise but my user and password are useless.
vegetarey

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers