It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:36

Text Size

Weird bug in DotP regular (NOT 2012)

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Weird bug in DotP regular (NOT 2012)

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 18 Apr 2012, 05:47

I had posted this earlier, but deleted it because I suddenly got the idea I was in the wrong section (saw "Programs with AI or Rules Enforcement" and thought this was specifically for creating custom DLC or something) 8-[ But in the end it was good I suppose, as I have ran some tests since then. Here's the original post:

Nicol Bolas has taken control over 3 characters, or so it seems. In Custom Duels, Rhys is replaced by Nicol Bolas (picture and deckname). Once I duel it, however, everything's back to normal, including the Custom Duel information once I'm out of the duel. Until I go to another NPC and go back, then Rhys is Nicol Bolas again all of a sudden! A few characters further Nicol Bolas has taken over Sarkhan with Edge of Madness, and finally the last appearance of Nicol Bolas is Sarkhan with his dragon deck (he really hates Sarkhan, doesn't he?).

This causes another problem: all images and decknames (but not character name fortunately) have shifted because of this. For example: After Rhys comes Sorin Markov. But I see Rhys's picture and deckname! The Planeswalker after Sorin Markov also has the correct name, but has Sorin's image and deckname! The shift starts like this: Chandra Ablaza is still normal, and then it goes to Rhys who has Nicol Bolas's picture and deckname (and then to Sorin like described...). Because of this, some are even shifted too far (for example, I can still duel Tezzeret as described above, but I can only find his name: his picture and deckname are shifted too far).

How to solve this? I have already reinstalled the game: didn't solve it. Oh: I have 19 opponents in free duel, how many are you supposed to have (all expansions)?
Since then, I downloaded a different set of Data_DLC_0005.wad and 0006.wad: problem persists. I also downloaded the main game from a different source (unfortunately, not much choice for both), but same problem again. So, it's not just in the download I started with.

Also, I tested the following:
Core game with DLC #1 only: no problem!
Core game with DLC #1 and #2: problem!
Core game with DLC #1 and #3: problem!
Core game with DLC #2 only: problem!
Core game with DLC #3 only: problem! (same for 2 + 3)

This second problem is fixed, but I leave the text here so the forum posts make sense: And one short question afterwards (not important, so another topic would be a waste): for DotP 2012, I got my hands on the Deck Pack WADs (and the DLC one, but I of course already unlocked everything already through editing the main wad). Everything works fine, but tooltips ("do X action") are undefined strings. Any fix for that?
Last edited by GamerXYZ0 on 19 Apr 2012, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
GamerXYZ0

Re: Weird bug in DotP regular (NOT 2012)

Postby thefiremind » 18 Apr 2012, 09:14

GamerXYZ0 wrote:And one short question afterwards (not important, so another topic would be a waste): for DotP 2012, I got my hands on the Deck Pack WADs (and the DLC one, but I of course already unlocked everything already through editing the main wad). Everything works fine, but tooltips ("do X action") are undefined strings. Any fix for that?
I can't be of any help about the old DotP because I have never used it, but I could help about DotP2012. The problem is, I didn't understand the question. What do you mean by tooltips? Could you take a screenshot?
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 18 Apr 2012, 17:13

Well, take for example Treefolk Harbinger. When you play it, a tooltip shows up that should tell you to pick a Treefolk or a Forest card from your deck to put on top, right? Well, instead, it just shows an undefined string error. Everything else works fine though (the card text, card effect etcetera). Thanks to that it's no problem as in the worst case I can double-check a card's effect to see what action is being taken, but if it can be fixed I'd of course like to fix it.
GamerXYZ0

Postby thefiremind » 18 Apr 2012, 18:10

I don't know how it is possible, but it seems you are missing some localised text. If you can open the deck packs' WAD files, try to extract the ZIP file I attached into \DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED (it shouldn't matter in which WAD you extract it, the game will read them all), then repack the WAD file and see if it's fixed.
Attachments
TEXT_PERMANENT.zip
TEXT_PERMANENT directory for deck packs
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 19 Apr 2012, 00:04

Thanks, that did the trick, all localised text appears to be correct now (I tested with the mentioned Treefolk Harbinger. And I forgot to mention that the decknames of the 6 DLC decks were messed up as well, which are fixed also). 1 problem solved, hopefully someone also knows how to fix the main problem.
GamerXYZ0

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 22 Apr 2012, 04:25

I've been wondering: are there any known problems with the Skidrow crack? Because I've looked at the WADs multiple times but just can't find a problem in them.
GamerXYZ0

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers