It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:58

Text Size

How to override a deck?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How to override a deck?

Postby pcastellazzi » 04 May 2012, 14:14

I know how to create a custom deck, cards, etc. But recently i tried to override a deck. With override i mean replace an existing one provided by the core or by a DLC. In my case i tried to replace Ghoulkeeper with a custom version.

My first try was to copy F12_GETH.xml to a custom mod, make the changes i wanted, and use the new mod. This did not work, no matter if i kept the deck uid or if i change it, same for content pack, etc.

Does anyone know what is the correct incantation to do this?

I can probably open the data_dlc_004.wad, replace the file and be done with it, but i am hoping for a less obtrusive way, like when we fix a core card.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Re: How to override a deck?

Postby thefiremind » 04 May 2012, 16:43

I would have tried the same way as you, so if you didn't succeed, I don't know how to help. Anyway, with different ID's you should see both your custom deck and the original one in the deck choice... if this doesn't happen, maybe you are doing something else wrong. But I don't know what exactly.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 04 May 2012, 16:57

I liked the idea of replacing the core decks with better versions, but i am still did not found a way to do it. For now adding new decks and a new campaing seems the way to go.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby thefiremind » 04 May 2012, 18:53

pcastellazzi wrote:I liked the idea of replacing the core decks with better versions, but i am still did not found a way to do it. For now adding new decks and a new campaing seems the way to go.
I would love to add a new campaign, but I already tried and there's a problem that seems unsolvable.
If you try to mess with the campaigns you'll notice that each campaign has a background painted in a way that the opponents' portraits fit in the background's holes. If you add a new campaign, it will always be listed as first in the campaign selection, shifting the other ones forward, and you'll find yourself with this situation:

• Your Campaign with background for Campaign 1
  • Campaign 1 with background for Campaign 2
  • Campaign 2 with background for Campaign 3
  • Campaign 3 with background for Your Campaign
which is obviously terrible to see.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers