It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:12

Text Size

Noob question

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Noob question

Postby mandl » 12 Aug 2012, 22:46

Hey, I'm new here and I have a few questions about these mods before I proceed.

1) Do these work with DOPT 2013 legitimately purchased on steam?

2) I wouldn't be able to play them online, would I?

3) Is there a mod that would unlock me the legitimate decks that are in the game and would allow me to play online?

I just moved computers and somehow ended up deleting my save that included 3 decks fully unlocked and I really don't feel like doing it all over again...
mandl

Re: Noob question

Postby pcastellazzi » 13 Aug 2012, 00:19

mandl wrote:Do these work with DOPT 2013 legitimately purchased on steam?
Yes.

mandl wrote:I wouldn't be able to play them online, would I?
No, and if you try you probably get banned.

mandl wrote:Is there a mod that would unlock me the legitimate decks that are in the game and would allow me to play online?
No.

mandl wrote:I just moved computers and somehow ended up deleting my save that included 3 decks fully unlocked and I really don't feel like doing it all over again...
If you have the original version from Steam it is not a problem. When you start the game with the same account it will restore your preferences, saves and progress.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby mandl » 13 Aug 2012, 01:36

Thanks for your help. I tried to transfer over everything, which I thought included the save, (rather than redownload) and when steam started up and asked if I wanted to download my save or upload the one on my computer I picked upload (cause I copied it over anyway, right?) but somehow it didn't work and I have to start over. Would I be able to copy someone else's save data?
mandl

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Aug 2012, 03:02

mandl wrote:Would I be able to copy someone else's save data?
I would have to examine an official save (which I don't have) before I could say whether it is even possible to transfer a save to/from official. If it is possible then I could always take the clean save I made and unlock the decks you had before (using the AppIds) save it out to the profile and upload it for you, though I can't guarantee that steam will accept it.

I will not, however, help you by giving you either my profile or giving you a profile with other than base player stats (if you're playing on official, then you should earn your stats).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby mandl » 13 Aug 2012, 03:46

RiiakShiNal wrote:
mandl wrote:Would I be able to copy someone else's save data?
I would have to examine an official save (which I don't have) before I could say whether it is even possible to transfer a save to/from official. If it is possible then I could always take the clean save I made and unlock the decks you had before (using the AppIds) save it out to the profile and upload it for you, though I can't guarantee that steam will accept it.

I will not, however, help you by giving you either my profile or giving you a profile with other than base player stats (if you're playing on official, then you should earn your stats).
Thanks for the info. Are you offering to attempt to help me if I upload my save?
mandl

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Aug 2012, 12:36

mandl wrote:Thanks for the info. Are you offering to attempt to help me if I upload my save?
I am, but I offer no promises as to whether it will work or not.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby mandl » 13 Aug 2012, 19:39

RiiakShiNal wrote:
mandl wrote:Thanks for the info. Are you offering to attempt to help me if I upload my save?
I am, but I offer no promises as to whether it will work or not.
Is the save the part that is stored in My Documents? or is it included somewhere in the game files?
mandl

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Aug 2012, 20:57

mandl wrote:Is the save the part that is stored in My Documents? or is it included somewhere in the game files?
I have no idea where it is on official or even what it is named. In Skidrow version it is typically in "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SKIDROW\97330\Storage". In the Theta version it is typically in a directory named "[ProfileName]_swarm" under the game directory. For both the Skidrow and Theta versions the save consists of two files (with these sizes):
  • [SomeNumber].profile (4,292 bytes)
  • hash.file (4 bytes)

To even have a possibility of being compatible there must be two similar files (same sizes) where ever the official version stores it (though they may have very different names). If you want to know how to get the exact byte size then right-click a file and select "properties".
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby mandl » 17 Aug 2012, 20:53

RiiakShiNal wrote:
mandl wrote:Is the save the part that is stored in My Documents? or is it included somewhere in the game files?
I have no idea where it is on official or even what it is named. In Skidrow version it is typically in "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\SKIDROW\97330\Storage". In the Theta version it is typically in a directory named "[ProfileName]_swarm" under the game directory. For both the Skidrow and Theta versions the save consists of two files (with these sizes):
  • [SomeNumber].profile (4,292 bytes)
  • hash.file (4 bytes)

To even have a possibility of being compatible there must be two similar files (same sizes) where ever the official version stores it (though they may have very different names). If you want to know how to get the exact byte size then right-click a file and select "properties".
I can't seem to find it. there doesn't seem to be any similar type of file in the game folder, the my documents folder seems to just hold the controls configurations, and I can't seem to find anything similar in the appdata\local directory. Well thanks for the help, but I guess I have to work my way back up.
mandl

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 Aug 2012, 22:01

mandl wrote:I can't seem to find it. there doesn't seem to be any similar type of file in the game folder, the my documents folder seems to just hold the controls configurations, and I can't seem to find anything similar in the appdata\local directory. Well thanks for the help, but I guess I have to work my way back up.
Since it is official you could look in the Steam/Userdata directory or possibly look at appdata\roaming because it could be in one of those places, but again I'm just guessing.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby mandl » 18 Aug 2012, 19:45

RiiakShiNal wrote:
mandl wrote:I can't seem to find it. there doesn't seem to be any similar type of file in the game folder, the my documents folder seems to just hold the controls configurations, and I can't seem to find anything similar in the appdata\local directory. Well thanks for the help, but I guess I have to work my way back up.
Since it is official you could look in the Steam/Userdata directory or possibly look at appdata\roaming because it could be in one of those places, but again I'm just guessing.
You're right. It was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\88542226\97330\remote\
I'm pretty sure the "88542226" part is user specific

Here's the hash and profile file in a .zip if you're still willing to take a look at it: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/s/bciwkmslmlwanyl/mtg2013save.zip"]via dropbox[/url].

If it helps you make sense of it the data, I have all 40 cards unlock from the first green deck unlocked and 38 from the goblin deck. The rest have the 10 promo cards unlocked, might possibly be an extra card unlocked randomly for some decks.
Last edited by mandl on 19 Aug 2012, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
mandl

Postby RiiakShiNal » 18 Aug 2012, 21:58

Ok (save is compatible), I've unlocked all the cards for all decks (official decks) for you (using your save as a base so you could keep your stats).

Theoretically you should just be able to extract this over the existing save and it should take effect.

Oh and thanks for information where you found it.

Edit: Clarified that this unlocks all cards for the official unmodified decks considering that there have been 6 downloads on a save which was really only meant for 1 person.
Attachments
mandlSaveUnlocked.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Last edited by RiiakShiNal on 19 Aug 2012, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby mandl » 19 Aug 2012, 04:55

Thank you so much. It worked great. All decks where completely unlocked.
mandl

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers