It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:42

Text Size

Is there a way to create my own deck?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Is there a way to create my own deck?

Postby brokendays » 22 Nov 2012, 10:03

Hello everyone!

I'm new to MTG DotP and this site, and I wanted to know if I can create my own deck.
I did some searches, but the only thing I found was this thread for a program who apparently does it, but I'm not really sure, plus I don't know which format to save, and where to save.
I'm playing the game on Steam.

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
brokendays

Re: Is there a way to create my own deck?

Postby thefiremind » 22 Nov 2012, 10:50

brokendays wrote:I did some searches, but the only thing I found was this thread for a program who apparently does it, but I'm not really sure, plus I don't know which format to save, and where to save.
That won't take you anywhere: if you look for something about DotP (whichever version you are using, but I suppose it's 2013) don't search out of this section.

There are 2 deck creators for DotP2013, one of which is very recent.
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=8050
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=8914
I don't know how they work and I don't know about their situation with bugs and such, because I don't use them, but you can try to leave a message in their topic if you encounter some difficulties.

Otherwise, if you want to learn "the hard way" (but not so hard if you ask me :lol:) without using additional programs, you can try to follow my guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=8290

brokendays wrote:I'm playing the game on Steam.
This could arise some problems because I don't know if Rick's DLL still works with the latest Steam updates of the game. This is the most important part: whether you use additional programs or not, you have to download the DLL from here:
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=7341
and place it in the directory where DotP2013 is installed. This will make the game skip the signature check for the WAD files (in other words, you'll be able to use WAD files made by anyone, also by yourself :wink:). If you want to make a quick test to check if it works, download the WAD file from my guide and the DLL, place both in the directory where DotP2013 is installed, run the game and look for the additional deck. If you see it, then it works.

Remember that you won't be able to use custom decks online (and it's better not even trying, just to be sure that you won't be banned from Steam).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Is there a way to create my own deck?

Postby brokendays » 22 Nov 2012, 23:28

Yeah, I forgot to mention it was the 2013 version :P

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I'm gonna try it and see how it goes.
I was disappointed to see that you can't create your own deck, but I've read somewhere that this game is intended to new players, so it wasn't a total waste of my money (since I'm new, I only played like 5 matches IRL), plus, I bought it on sale xD

Thanks again!
brokendays

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers