It is currently 05 May 2024, 21:11

Text Size

How do I change the Power/Toughness value of a card?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How do I change the Power/Toughness value of a card?

Postby Kieran » 28 Nov 2012, 19:04

Hi to all. I've been lurking around these forums for a little while and now I want to try my hands at modding. As the topic says, what is the method to change to number value of a creature card in DoTP 2013? I am currently using XML Marker to alter card values but when I save the xml information the changes aren't reflected on the cards. Thanks in advance!
Kieran

Re: How do I change the Power/Toughness value of a card?

Postby thefiremind » 28 Nov 2012, 19:25

I'm not sure if I understood what you are trying to do. Let's say you have a Raging Goblin (1/1) and you want to make it 3/3. Is that what you need? Then you should first prepare a custom WAD file, then make a copy of that Raging Goblin, and set the new values on your copy. If your WAD name has a higher code than the existing ones, the game will read it last (not sure if it depends on names' alphabetical order or deck IDs' numerical order but most of the times they are the same), and your copy will be used instead of the original. You can start with this if you need an almost empty WAD file to put your new cards in.

P.S.: I don't know this "XML Marker" software you are using (I always use Notepad), but make sure it's saving the XML files with UTF-8 encoding.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: How do I change the Power/Toughness value of a card?

Postby Kieran » 28 Nov 2012, 22:19

Thanks thefiremind! That's exactly what I was referring to. I'll give go ahead and give your method a try and then update this thread with the results.
Kieran

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers