It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:07

Text Size

A problem and a question.

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

A problem and a question.

Postby NoobRevised » 21 Dec 2012, 02:00

First off thank you to everyone who programs/troubleshoots/thinks of all of the content that is on this site. You all have turned a simple Steam purchase to reminisce about a hobby from 20 years ago into a chance to really explore the game.

In regards to Kevlahnota's DLC I am having issues with unlocking the decks. This is in regards to making a APPID_LINKING.TXT file. I took firemind's file and added the deck codes from kevlahnota's deck list and added 97302/97303 afterwards and of course it doesn't work because I have no idea what I'm doing.

The second part is about online play and custom decks. I have read inklings about being able to play online using custom made decks using dotp(Maginater5000) but is there a free site that allows for this?

Thank you all once again.

PS-Being able to use custom decks on DOTP would be nice for general shenanigans would be great as I have used the Bolas deck a couple times, but I if it's possible I do have friends who I would like to stomp around in private games.
NoobRevised

Re: A problem and a question.

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Dec 2012, 02:45

NoobRevised wrote:In regards to Kevlahnota's DLC I am having issues with unlocking the decks. This is in regards to making a APPID_LINKING.TXT file. I took firemind's file and added the deck codes from kevlahnota's deck list and added 97302/97303 afterwards and of course it doesn't work because I have no idea what I'm doing.
You also need to make sure that your APPID_LINKING.TXT is not being overridden by an APPID_LINKING.TXT from some other mod (best way to make sure is to remove any other APPID_LINKING.TXTs from your game). Some mod makers make it easy to tell if their's is installed or not. For example with thefiremind's mod you look for Deck_9999_Unlocks(1 or 2).WAD, with my mod look for Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking.WAD, for other mods you may have to unpack the mod to see if they have an APPID_LINKING.TXT file or not.

NoobRevised wrote:The second part is about online play and custom decks. I have read inklings about being able to play online using custom made decks using dotp(Maginater5000) but is there a free site that allows for this?

Thank you all once again.

PS-Being able to use custom decks on DOTP would be nice for general shenanigans would be great as I have used the Bolas deck a couple times, but I if it's possible I do have friends who I would like to stomp around in private games.
I have not run across a cracked version that allows for online play through any method other than a virtual lan (Hamachi or some other VPN software/method).

If I remember correctly someone reported (here on the forum somewhere though I don't have a link handy nor do I remember who reported it, it very well could have been Maginater5000) it was possible to play online using custom decks if and only if certain conditions were met:
  • You were using a retail copy of the game (Steam).
  • You had Rick's DLL to allow you to use custom mods. (I believe this was required just to get the official game to recognize mods, though this may have changed I don't know for certain.)
  • Both players had the exact same WADs (all of them had to be present on both sides and had to be of the same version).
In essence you would only be able to custom decks with friends in private games.

It is also possible that it worked in older versions of DotP 2013, but no longer works in the current version (again I don't know).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers