It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:01

Text Size

Personas

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Personas

Postby Harfenik » 09 Jan 2013, 16:09

Hello, is there some custom personas you could add to your DOTP 2013? I would like to use Liliana´s persona for example...
Or could you create some personas? Thanks...
Good day.
Harfenik

Re: Personas

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Jan 2013, 16:59

I don't think anyone has provided any custom personas at this point, but it is certainly possible to create them.

These instructions assume you already know how to create a basic WAD and know the basic structure for a mod.

1. In your mod DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS directory create a CONFIGS directory (if you do not already have one).
  2. Inside the CONFIGS directory create a PLAYER_AVATARS directory (if you do not already have one).
  3. Create an avatar XML file (I recommend naming it AVATARS_XXXX.XML with XXXX being some unique identifier for you, I used AVATARS_RSN.XML without problem).
  4. In the avatar XML file add AVATAR tags for all the avatars you want to create. Like this (minus notes I added using "<--":
    Code: Select all
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <AVATARS>
       <CONTENT_PACK_UID UID="0"/>
       <IMAGE DIRECTORY="Art_Assets\Textures\personas\" />
       <AVATAR ID="8192"              <-- Unique ID for the Avatar does not interfere with deck uids.
          UID="persona_rsn"           <-- Texture name for persona.
          name="PERSONA_NAME_8192"    <-- I have not found anywhere this matters or is defined yet.
          desc="UI_PERSONA_UNLOCKED"  <-- Text description for avatar (this one says "Avatar Unlocked").
          locked="false" />           <-- Whether avatar is locked or not (for us we should always put locked="false").
    </AVATARS>
  5. Create a TDX image for persona and backplate (both should be named according to the uid you used in the XML above).
  6. Put persona image in ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PERSONAS
  7. Put backplate image in ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PERSONAS\BACKPLATES
  8. Pack your WAD
  9. Put it in your game directory
  10. Start game
  11. Choose your new persona

It's that easy (even easier than creating a new deck). Though just like custom decks and cards, the only way to use them online is if the person you are playing with has the exact same WADs of the exact same versions.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Harfenik » 09 Jan 2013, 19:55

Thanks for your instructions, well, i am used to creating custom portraits in Baldus Gate games:-D, this is something entirely new.
I dont know how to create a WAD, but i will find it somewhere.
...look, if you have time and mood, how about create some personas yourself and upload it here please?:-) If not, that´s alright, i´ll try to do it myself.
Thanks again.
Have a nice day.
Harfenik

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Jan 2013, 21:29

It is quite different from the Baldur's Gate games, though we do have a thread that works as a Beginner's Guide to modding DotP 2013.

I'm not an artist so I can't really create much in the way of graphics, but creating personas using existing graphics is fairly easy. Even easier than creating AI Personalities which I have done for several of the decks I have converted.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Harfenik » 12 Jan 2013, 20:47

I did it:-)
Harfenik

Postby NEMESiS » 04 Feb 2013, 14:48

Well I am complete n00b to this modding thing but how do you make a TDX image? I want to make me Nicol Bolas Persona.
NEMESiS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 04 Feb 2013, 15:01

The easiest way to make an image a TDX is simply to drag and drop an image (jpg or png) on Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert.exe and it will spit out a TDX file with the same name as the one you dropped on it.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers