It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:48

Text Size

Could I ask a question, please?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Could I ask a question, please?

Postby thefiremind » 15 Feb 2013, 22:16

RiiakShiNal wrote:TOKEN_REGISTRATION is used to have the engine load card information for a card that is not necessarily in the deck. It is basically required when making cards that create tokens because otherwise the definition for the token won't be loaded and the token can't be created because there is no definition.
I tried it with Last Stand (unintentionally, there was so much to write for that card that I completely forgot the TOKEN_REGISTRATION #-o), and the tokens were created anyway, but the game was crashing at the end of the duel, much like when you use a duplicated LAND_POOL ID.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 15 Feb 2013, 22:57

About SFX and AI_SCORE I thought that, but I would to take them as they would be if they were official cards.
Above all the AI_SCORE, because the importance of the card depends from the game situation, the role in the deck, the opponent's deck...
If the SFX is only GLOBAL or TARGET it isn't a problem, but probably there are more SFX type...
So how to set them to say the game "I don't want to tell you the score of the card, do it by yourself" ? And the same with SFX if I should chose something: I want create an objective card, not influenced by my preferences

TOKEN_REGISTRARION's example will be useful when I will try to make the Spawnwrithe :D

Leaving it in won't cause problems, but it is more efficient to remove the useless lines.
I was looking for this tipe of advices too: I hate useless pieces :)

The rest of the code seemed fine to me, at the very least I didn't notice any glaring errors. As for bugs we can't always find bugs simply by looking over the code and even code from experienced people on this forum is not always bug free. If we find a bug we find a way to squash it and hopefully not make the same mistake elsewhere.
a possible problem with Mycoloth is that when I use the ability devour I can not deselect a creature selected by mistake, it is normal?

Note that you have to include the block inside the ability that you want to animate (a SPELL_ABILITY, ACTIVATED_ABILITY or TRIGGERED_ABILITY).
This is a good advice too that make more clear SFX's role in the code :)

PS: I noticed that in the lists of simple abilities, these are the statics but not only those, I have not some as the same Devour, or X:Regenerate, or Bushido...
There is on the forum a complete list of the abilities I can directly copy or modify a litte bit? (Devour 1, Devour 2; BB:Regenerate, 1G:Regenerate...)

PS2: I use as reference lists of cards already made ​​the following ones
-First the list of already available cards in DOTP 2013***

-Zendikar's cards
-Dotp2013 part1 and part2 found with the same Zendikar's, named "2013" but they are more of 1500, so not the same of first list***

There are maybe others available cards? I wouldn't try to make already made cards neither lose the possibility to play those :)
Takhen

Postby thefiremind » 15 Feb 2013, 23:50

Takhen wrote:So how to set them to say the game "I don't want to tell you the score of the card, do it by yourself" ? And the same with SFX if I should chose something: I want create an objective card, not influenced by my preferences
You can't. You have to make choices. If you find an ability that is similar enough to the one you want to code, you can use the same score.

Takhen wrote:TOKEN_REGISTRARION's example will be useful when I will try to make the Spawnwrithe :D
Spawnwrithe is an official card, no need to remake it. And you don't use TOKEN_REGISTRATION when the token is a copy of a card.

Takhen wrote:PS: I noticed that in the lists of simple abilities, these are the statics but not only those, I have not some as the same Devour, or X:Regenerate, or Bushido...
There is on the forum a complete list of the abilities I can directly copy or modify a litte bit? (Devour 1, Devour 2; BB:Regenerate, 1G:Regenerate...)
You can understand which abilities can be copied directly without even looking at the code: when an ability always does the same thing in every card and no other ability in the same card cares about what that ability does, you can copy it. For example: Voracious Dragon has devour, but it also has another ability that cares about the Goblins it devoured, so its devour code has an extra part that you don't always need for devour, then Predator Dragon would be better for copying devour. Regeneration is always the same, only the mana can change and it's easy to edit.

Anyway, talking about devour, you shouldn't worry too much about that mechanic, because if you use the functions I inserted into my mod, devour becomes something like this:
Code: Select all
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY replacement_query="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" active_zone="ZONE_TRANSITION">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Devour 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Dévorement 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Devorar 2.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Verschlingen 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Divorare 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[貪食 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[포식 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Пожирание 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Devorar 2]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_TRANSITION" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" />
    <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
    local filter = Object():GetFilter()
    filter:Clear()
    filter:AddCardType( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_IN_PLAY )
    filter:SetPlayer( EffectController() )
    filter:May()
    filter:AIMay()
    filter:IgnoreIfChangingZone()
    filter:NotTargetted()
    filter:SetHint( HINT_ENEMY, EffectController() )
    </TARGET_DEFINITION>
    <TARGET_DETERMINATION>
    return AtLeastOneTargetFromDefinition(0)
    </TARGET_DETERMINATION>
    <PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
    Devour_PlayTimeAction(0, 2)
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    Devour_ResolutionTimeAction(0, 2)
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
Takhen wrote:-Zendikar's cards
-Dotp2013 part1 and part2 found with the same Zendikar's, named "2013" but they are more of 1500, so not the same of first list***
Those cards aren't coded, they have only the XML structure. They are the output from a program very similar to pcastellazzi's generator.

Takhen wrote:There are maybe others available cards? I wouldn't try to make already made cards neither lose the possibility to play those :)
I keep a list of the cards of my mod here. I can't remember if there are other modders who keep a list like this, but as long as the mod keeps all the cards in a single WAD, getting the list is easy (another good reason to keep a "core" WAD with the cards instead of dividing them inside the decks).
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 16 Feb 2013, 00:20

You can't. You have to make choices. If you find an ability that is similar enough to the one you want to code, you can use the same score.
I have no idea, I am not so many expert in the game and easily I could give to some cards a better score than others that are better of the firsts
There isn't a basic value I can use ? Or to give to all cards the same values or something?
Otherwise I will do damage to the AI's quality!

You can understand which abilities can be copied directly without even looking at the code: when an ability always does the same thing in every card and no other ability in the same card cares about what that ability does, you can copy it. For example: Voracious Dragon has devour, but it also has another ability that cares about the Goblins it devoured, so its devour code has an extra part that you don't always need for devour, then Predator Dragon would be better for copying devour. Regeneration is always the same, only the mana can change and it's easy to edit.
I was talking in general, because not in every case I can find a pre-made card, for example I think there isn't still a Bushido card in Dotp, for exaple, I'm talking to make more complete my "simple abilities' codes collection" that for now is only made of some static abilities found by pccastellazzi
Indeed, to be even more general, I would like to know the various procedures already known, abilities or other with a standard code like regenerate, devour (already made with Mycoloth, it is an example), bushido, to how to make foil cards in decks, change basic lands (I would to try with those from Zendikar) locked, unlocked, etc.: if the code must be studied and understood, at least the things already discovered it would be useful to know :) (I do not know if there is already a post about things already discovered in addition to what I have read so far)

Those cards aren't coded, they have only the XML structure. They are the output from a program very similar to pcastellazzi's generator.
What? So I have to delete all them? :C
PS: I wasn't able to open the pccastellazzi app, I didn't recognize the file extencion, in exception of xml of the static abilities of previous
Takhen

Postby thefiremind » 16 Feb 2013, 00:59

Takhen wrote:I have no idea, I am not so many expert in the game and easily I could give to some cards a better score than others that are better of the firsts
There isn't a basic value I can use ? Or to give to all cards the same values or something?
Otherwise I will do damage to the AI's quality!
Do you think that I always know what I'm doing when I give a score to the cards? :lol: When you test your deck, if you see the AI doing unreasonable things like trading a super-important creature for a 1/1 with a useless ability, then there's a wrong score on at least one of those creatures, and you can change it.

Takhen wrote:I was talking in general, because not in every case I can find a pre-made card, for example I think there isn't still a Bushido card in Dotp, for exaple, I'm talking to make more complete my "simple abilities' codes collection" that for now is only made of some static abilities found by pccastellazzi
If you need an ability that nobody ever coded for DotP2013, just ask for help here. Bushido is quite delicate for example: if you want to make Takeno, Samurai General and Sensei Golden-Tail work correctly together, you have to code it with care.

Takhen wrote:Indeed, to be even more general, I would like to know the various procedures already known, abilities or other with a standard code like regenerate, devour (already made with Mycoloth, it is an example), bushido
You could make that list by yourself if you really want... just download all the mods and look at all the cards. If you think that it's a very time-consuming task, well, I agree. :lol:

Takhen wrote:how to make foil cards in decks
If you want to make cards that are always foil, with the shooting star expansion symbol and watermark, add a "#" to the card in the deck list, like this:
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_221559#" deckOrderId="15" />
The other way of foiling (without the shooting star symbol and watermark) is decided by the game and I don't know how to influence it.

Takhen wrote:change basic lands (I would to try with those from Zendikar)
You have to code the basic lands you need (copy them from the existing ones and change the ID and the art as you already know), then put those lands in the LAND_POOL XML list of the deck where you want to use them, respecting the order and the quantity (Change a Forest with a Forest, a Mountain with a Mountain, etc. and even if you make just 1 of each basic land type, repeat it in the LAND_POOL XML so that the total number of lands in it is always the same).

Takhen wrote:What? So I have to delete all them? :C
You can keep them if you want, so you already have the XML structure in case you want to code one of those.

Takhen wrote:PS: I wasn't able to open the pccastellazzi app, I didn't recognize the file extencion, in exception of xml of the static abilities of previous
pcastellazzi's generator only works online from browser. Actually, my tool also reads from a site so you need internet connection for both of them. The difference is that pcastellazzi's generator reads from the official Gatherer while my Localised reads from magiccards.info.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Feb 2013, 02:05

thefiremind wrote:You can't. You have to make choices. If you find an ability that is similar enough to the one you want to code, you can use the same score.
This isn't exactly true, if you do not include a score the game will try to score the card itself, but it will not save whatever temporary score it gives the card. Also the temporary score it generates may or may not work properly for the card. If you have no idea what score the card should have you could always try leaving off the score and see how the AI deals with the card, both playing it and against it.

thefiremind wrote:
Takhen wrote:how to make foil cards in decks
If you want to make cards that are always foil, with the shooting star expansion symbol and watermark, add a "#" to the card in the deck list, like this:
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_221559#" deckOrderId="15" />
The other way of foiling (without the shooting star symbol and watermark) is decided by the game and I don't know how to influence it.
The game handles regular card foiling using a two-part system. First (for the player) the deck must have an entry in the APPID_LINKING.TXT file and the 3rd number in the entry (first number is deck id, second is regular unlock id) is the premium unlock and foil id. The AppId there must either be set to an AppId already present for your version of the game (0 for Skidrow, or 97330 for any other version) or if using Theta set to a unique number for that deck which can then be used by clicking the "premium foil deck" button in deck manager (and subsequently restarting the application for the change to take effect). The second part is the card rarity, common cards are not foiled, but rare and mythic cards are (I can never remember whether uncommon are or are not foiled). So if you want your cards foiled regularly (without the promo watermark) then make sure the rarity on the card is high enough to get foiled by the game.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 17 Feb 2013, 14:44

thefiremind wrote:Do you think that I always know what I'm doing when I give a score to the cards? When you test your deck, if you see the AI doing unreasonable things like trading a super-important creature for a 1/1 with a useless ability, then there's a wrong score on at least one of those creatures, and you can change it.
This could be a problem
My experience is very low, both in making decks that in single card's importance
If I delete the line of AI SCORE in all the cards of a deck will the AI chose by its self or it will use cards based only on the mana cost and not "thinking" about strongness?
I thought the AI ​​was based on the condition of the match before and after the use of the card, and not on the importance out-of-context and standard value of the card
RiiakShiNal wrote:This isn't exactly true, if you do not include a score the game will try to score the card itself, but it will not save whatever temporary score it gives the card. Also the temporary score it generates may or may not work properly for the card. If you have no idea what score the card should have you could always try leaving off the score and see how the AI deals with the card, both playing it and against it.
I didn't understand If keep the card without the AI SCORE is good for what I said or could cause problems.
We should considerate that playing against the AI we don't know from when it has the card in question in its hand: so if it doesn't play that card because a bug with AI SCORE or simply it has drawn that recently

thefiremind wrote:If you need an ability that nobody ever coded for DotP2013, just ask for help here. Bushido is quite delicate for example: if you want to make Takeno, Samurai General and Sensei Golden-Tail work correctly together, you have to code it with care.
Those cards have others abilities than Bushido, but bethween two cards: [W][W] 2/2 Bushido2 and [W] 1/1 Bushido1, the difference should be very low as bethween Devour1 and Devour2

Other than there are others: Cascade, Storm...
I found some LOL files opening all the decks I found in WIKI DOTP 2013 RELEASES, maybe I could take from there those abilities and insert in single cards instead to use LOLs files I still don't know?

thefiremind wrote:If you want to make cards that are always foil, with the shooting star expansion symbol and watermark, add a "#" to the card in the deck list
This works, as promo, but works simple and clear :)
RiiakShiNal wrote:The game handles regular card foiling using a two-part system. First (for the player) the deck must have an entry in the APPID_LINKING.TXT file and the 3rd number in the entry (first number is deck id, second is regular unlock id) is the premium unlock and foil id. The AppId there must either be set to an AppId already present for your version of the game (0 for Skidrow, or 97330 for any other version) or if using Theta set to a unique number for that deck which can then be used by clicking the "premium foil deck" button in deck manager (and subsequently restarting the application for the change to take effect). The second part is the card rarity, common cards are not foiled, but rare and mythic cards are (I can never remember whether uncommon are or are not foiled). So if you want your cards foiled regularly (without the promo watermark) then make sure the rarity on the card is high enough to get foiled by the game.
So I can't set, keeping the correct rarity vales, the foil cards, which will be foil both the deck is used by me or AI.
About how to make foil card by the first way I didn't understand. This file you are talking about is a file linked with others files in the deck as ARTID links xml and tdx or I can simply add this file in a specific directory?
Regarding the contents of the file, I saw the three numbers, but I didn't understand. I use theta, so I have to set the first number equal to the ID deck and the 2th and 3th equal with them selves?
But how those three numbers can chose me the single card? It it was a number for each card I would understand, but this looks strange (For now, with the decks I downloaded from this forum, "PREMIUM FOIL DECK" button has no effect...)
However, going in "Manage Decks" (so it wasn't played by AI) I found some foil cards in a deck that, when I opened it, was without the APPID_LINKING.txt file...

I also found a directory called UNLOCK, so I tried without success to add some cards to have them in the sideboard (I don't say locked because being my decks out from the campaign I think those would be not unlockable)

thefiremind wrote:You have to code the basic lands you need (copy them from the existing ones and change the ID and the art as you already know), then put those lands in the LAND_POOL XML list of the deck where you want to use them, respecting the order and the quantity (Change a Forest with a Forest, a Mountain with a Mountain, etc. and even if you make just 1 of each basic land type, repeat it in the LAND_POOL XML so that the total number of lands in it is always the same).
So I have to do exactly as it was a new card: in the deck directory I link the xml of the new land with its new ID, and this xml has in ARTID the new image I want.
This seems simple, but about Zendikar's lands, that are vertical as a textless?
Opening decks I found some tokens' tdx that make me think I could need some template or something complicate, I hope it isn't...
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 Feb 2013, 15:49

Takhen wrote:This could be a problem
My experience is very low, both in making decks that in single card's importance
If I delete the line of AI SCORE in all the cards of a deck will the AI chose by its self or it will use cards based only on the mana cost and not "thinking" about strongness?
I thought the AI ​​was based on the condition of the match before and after the use of the card, and not on the importance out-of-context and standard value of the card
The AI does work by looking at different scenarios trying different cards/abilities and different combinations of those to try to find a good combination, as such the AI SCORE is used to MANUALLY set the score in instances where the AI can't properly judge how important a card is. If the line is removed then the AI will essentially "guess" based on mana cost, power/toughness, simple abilities, etc... how important the card is.
Takhen wrote:I didn't understand If keep the card without the AI SCORE is good for what I said or could cause problems.
We should considerate that playing against the AI we don't know from when it has the card in question in its hand: so if it doesn't play that card because a bug with AI SCORE or simply it has drawn that recently
It's a guessing game, if it appears that the card is being played properly by the AI without the AI Score tag, then you probably don't need to add a score manually. If the card is never played or the AI behaves strangely with the card in play then you may need to add a score making a guess as to what the value should be.

Takhen wrote:Those cards have others abilities than Bushido, but bethween two cards: [W][W] 2/2 Bushido2 and [W] 1/1 Bushido1, the difference should be very low as bethween Devour1 and Devour2
What thefiremind meant was that Bushido itself has to be carefully coded so that it will work with other abilities that can modify Bushido. Once Bushido is properly coded then yes the differences between Bushido 1 and Bushido 2 will be extremely minor. He was simply saying that implementing Bushido for the first time properly may be quite difficult.

Takhen wrote:Other than there are others: Cascade, Storm...
I found some LOL files opening all the decks I found in WIKI DOTP 2013 RELEASES, maybe I could take from there those abilities and insert in single cards instead to use LOLs files I still don't know?
If you want to use other modders functions (from their LOL files) you are free to do so, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind. If you want to distribute your mod while using functions from other modders there are a few ways it can be done:
  1. You can distribute your mod without their LOL files, but that will make your mod dependent on their mods.
  2. You can distribute your mod including their LOL files which will make your mod independent, but if one of those mods is later updated then your mod and their mod may then conflict.
  3. You can distribute your mod including modified versions of their LOL files (by changing file names and function names like adding a prefix). This will allow your mod to both be independent and allow it to not conflict if the other mods are later updated, but is considerably more work on your part.

Takhen wrote:So I can't set, keeping the correct rarity vales, the foil cards, which will be foil both the deck is used by me or AI.
About how to make foil card by the first way I didn't understand. This file you are talking about is a file linked with others files in the deck as ARTID links xml and tdx or I can simply add this file in a specific directory?
Regarding the contents of the file, I saw the three numbers, but I didn't understand. I use theta, so I have to set the first number equal to the ID deck and the 2th and 3th equal with them selves?
But how those three numbers can chose me the single card? It it was a number for each card I would understand, but this looks strange (For now, with the decks I downloaded from this forum, "PREMIUM FOIL DECK" button has no effect...)
However, going in "Manage Decks" (so it wasn't played by AI) I found some foil cards in a deck that, when I opened it, was without the APPID_LINKING.txt file...
That depends if the card you want to foil is already of the correct rarity then there is no need to change the rarity.

Foiling for the AI appears to be randomly done based on rarity and biased shuffling values "@2" or "@3" after the card in the deck (like using "#").

APPID_LINKING.TXT can be a bit of a pain to work with as only one will ever be used by the game (usually from the highest numbered wad possibly prioritizing DATA_DLC_* over DECK_* wads). As such all necessary decks must be included in the APPID_LINKING.TXT that the game uses or there can be problems such as sideboards becoming locked, cards not being foiled, etc....

Decks are foiled or not foiled based on card rarity and the entry in the APPID_LINKING.TXT. If the deck is foiled then all cards that meet the rarity requirement will be foiled, if it is not foiled then no cards will be foiled (except for promo cards). The first number in APPID_LINKING is the Deck's uid, the second number is the AppId to use for simply unlocking the deck's sideboard, the third number is the AppId to use for unlocking the sideboard AND foiling the cards for that deck. The game simply looks to see if you have that AppId to see if it unlocks the sideboard and/or foils the deck (for the player). Theta stores AppIds in the file "apps" in the swarm directory (in binary form) and loads this file when it loads the game so changes are only noticed when loading the game. It will, however, write to this file whenever the "unlock full deck" or "premium foil deck" buttons are clicked in the deck manager. As such after you click one of those buttons you MUST exit the game and restart for the changes to take effect. Also if a deck does not have a proper entry in the APPID_LINKING.TXT that is being used by the game then the buttons for that deck will not work at all.

Takhen wrote:I also found a directory called UNLOCK, so I tried without success to add some cards to have them in the sideboard (I don't say locked because being my decks out from the campaign I think those would be not unlockable)
Rather than repeat myself multiple times about unlocks I'm going to direct you here: Re: Hey! How about a begginers guide 2013 ?
Unlocks have also been discussed in many other threads so I'm just going to direct to other threads for the general questions, but if you have a specific question then I will do my best to answer it.

Takhen wrote:So I have to do exactly as it was a new card: in the deck directory I link the xml of the new land with its new ID, and this xml has in ARTID the new image I want.
This seems simple, but about Zendikar's lands, that are vertical as a textless?
Opening decks I found some tokens' tdx that make me think I could need some template or something complicate, I hope it isn't...
Full card lands can't be properly made because we have no control over the card frame, you could use the images from the Zendikar lands, but they will be shrunk to fit in the standard card image space.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 18 Feb 2013, 23:48

RiiakShiNal wrote:The AI does work by looking at different scenarios trying different cards/abilities and different combinations of those to try to find a good combination, as such the AI SCORE is used to MANUALLY set the score in instances where the AI can't properly judge how important a card is. If the line is removed then the AI will essentially "guess" based on mana cost, power/toughness, simple abilities, etc... how important the card is.
So, knowing that I am not at all an expert player (and this is a problem also for the "see how the game use the card to judge if it uses well without the AI SCORE") or that I don't know the values' scale of AI SCORE (I don't know if 700 is high, and if bethween 700 and 750 the difference is high or low for example, however, even if I knew, being a starter player I was no able too in the choice): what are your advices about this?

RiiakShiNal wrote:What thefiremind meant was that Bushido itself has to be carefully coded so that it will work with other abilities that can modify Bushido. Once Bushido is properly coded then yes the differences between Bushido 1 and Bushido 2 will be extremely minor. He was simply saying that implementing Bushido for the first time properly may be quite difficult.
First time for me if I would to try by my self, or for us, meaning that there isn't still now a card made with Bushido from I could copy the ability?
My interest is to know if there is an archive that gathers all the abilities and similar already coded still now
Because I have the static abilities but I could need others from those that uses a keyword (so that uses a copy-pastable code)
For example today I was looking for Convoke, Storm, Conspire and Bloodrush.
Abilities like Bloodrush have only a part of code that is the same: the cost of bloodrush that is the same, but different effects, so it is HALF copy-pastable, but better than nothing!
Indeed for Storm or Convoke, the code should be more simple because it is ever the same, so it should be TOTALLY copy-pastable
Someones, like Rigenerate, I found in pre-made cards, but othes, like these I wrote, I didn't
RiiakShiNal wrote:If you want to use other modders functions (from their LOL files) you are free to do so, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind. If you want to distribute your mod while using functions from other modders there are a few ways it can be done:
You can distribute your mod without their LOL files, but that will make your mod dependent on their mods.
You can distribute your mod including their LOL files which will make your mod independent, but if one of those mods is later updated then your mod and their mod may then conflict.
You can distribute your mod including modified versions of their LOL files (by changing file names and function names like adding a prefix). This will allow your mod to both be independent and allow it to not conflict if the other mods are later updated, but is considerably more work on your part.
I don't want to use the mods of other users, I want to do my decks with only xml and tdx files, because if I can avoid to learn a new format file and codes I want to do
So my question wasn't to insert their LOLs in my deck (I was talking about their LOLs, but if we have the archieve I'm looking for I don't need them anymore), but to open those and copy the code of their LOLs in my cards so that it isn't my deck to explain the ability to the game and the cards to say "I have that ability the LOL said" but it is the card its self to explain the game what to do, as others abilities I know already do

To be more clear, I don't want something like:
LOL FILE = Contains CASCADE's CODE
XML FILE = "Add to this card the effect from CASCADE'S CODE"

But I want:
XML FILE = Add the effect from THE SEGUENT code (that is the CASCADE CODE on the same card)

I don't know if I was able to explain what I want to say and if it is possible, I hope to yes for both

RiiakShiNal wrote:That depends if the card you want to foil is already of the correct rarity then there is no need to change the rarity.
So if a card is rare, I can't do NOT foil (talking for the AI) that card...
RiiakShiNal wrote:Foiling for the AI appears to be randomly done based on rarity and biased shuffling values "@2" or "@3" after the card in the deck (like using "#").
...and if I want a NOT rare card IS foil I have to add "@2" or "@3" (what's the difference?) as the "#" for the promo (those works only for AI), true?

RiiakShiNal wrote:APPID_LINKING.TXT can be a bit of a pain to work with as only one will ever be used by the game (usually from the highest numbered wad possibly prioritizing DATA_DLC_* over DECK_* wads). As such all necessary decks must be included in the APPID_LINKING.TXT that the game uses or there can be problems such as sideboards becoming locked, cards not being foiled, etc....

Decks are foiled or not foiled based on card rarity and the entry in the APPID_LINKING.TXT. If the deck is foiled then all cards that meet the rarity requirement will be foiled, if it is not foiled then no cards will be foiled (except for promo cards). The first number in APPID_LINKING is the Deck's uid, the second number is the AppId to use for simply unlocking the deck's sideboard, the third number is the AppId to use for unlocking the sideboard AND foiling the cards for that deck. The game simply looks to see if you have that AppId to see if it unlocks the sideboard and/or foils the deck (for the player). Theta stores AppIds in the file "apps" in the swarm directory (in binary form) and loads this file when it loads the game so changes are only noticed when loading the game. It will, however, write to this file whenever the "unlock full deck" or "premium foil deck" buttons are clicked in the deck manager. As such after you click one of those buttons you MUST exit the game and restart for the changes to take effect. Also if a deck does not have a proper entry in the APPID_LINKING.TXT that is being used by the game then the buttons for that deck will not work at all.
RiiakShiNal wrote:Rather than repeat myself multiple times about unlocks I'm going to direct you here: Re: Hey! How about a begginers guide 2013 ?
Unlocks have also been discussed in many other threads so I'm just going to direct to other threads for the general questions, but if you have a specific question then I will do my best to answer it.
You are right, excuse me if I make you repeat what has been already said, but I like and thank for the help in "index" the pages that I have to deepen :) :D :)
So, if I understand the topic, the sideboard is made from unlocked cards that I have to unlock with the code in APPID_LINKING.txt by adding a code as 97330 (and the exactly same I have to do for activate the foil effect for the user)
I hope what I understand was right

Then I read that there isn't an APPID_LINKING for each deck, but that the game reads A SINGLE ONE of these APPID_LINKING (the most recent, or something like that) for every decks so I can't divide it between WADs as I would like (to do every deck has its sideboard indipendet from the others), right?
So I opened some decks I downloaded and I researched this APPID_LINKING (Now I'm tryng to found from those only the ufficial, so if there are others WADs with it I don't already know)
In your topic you talks about "DLC number" to know which APPID_LINKING is the most recent, but I didn't understand, also because I don't know what is this DLC number and indeed I do not know what it means the same initials DLC!

But I have to say that, for my doubt (because they are more than one that you said it should be) and according with your reference to "DLC", I found 4 APPID_LINKING files: one in DATA_CORE, and others in DATA_DLC_0002/0003/0004 :shock:
Maybe the game uses the most recent and I should delete the others three, or maybe I should copy the text of all those in a single file or I will do damage to some decks, I don't know, that I know is that I don't know which of these is the most recent or however which the one the game uses :lol:

RiiakShiNal wrote:Full card lands can't be properly made because we have no control over the card frame, you could use the images from the Zendikar lands, but they will be shrunk to fit in the standard card image space.
We have no control over the card frame? I thought we have because I found some card frames opening the downloaded WADs (perhaps I have to say that those were similar as normal cards or for Tokens with or without effect, not "textless")

My question was born also thinking the "TEXTLESS ERROR" I tested some posts before
Firemind explained to me that it was because I made a colorless permanent that wasn't neither a land neither an artifact, so I was thinking that even if we need a land, we could use this "bug" to do Zendikar's Land
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 18 Feb 2013, 23:56

So I opened some decks I downloaded and I researched this APPID_LINKING (Now I'm tryng to found from those only the ufficial, so if there are others WADs with it I don't already know)
There were also DECK_000X_ST, or DECK_000X_CH, or DECK_000X_UT and _PC but I didn't open because they were a lot...
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 19 Feb 2013, 14:39

Takhen wrote:So, knowing that I am not at all an expert player (and this is a problem also for the "see how the game use the card to judge if it uses well without the AI SCORE") or that I don't know the values' scale of AI SCORE (I don't know if 700 is high, and if bethween 700 and 750 the difference is high or low for example, however, even if I knew, being a starter player I was no able too in the choice): what are your advices about this?
We don't know the scale either, so it is a guessing game. We try to guess the scale based on what we see in other cards, but the simple truth is we just don't know.

Takhen wrote:First time for me if I would to try by my self, or for us, meaning that there isn't still now a card made with Bushido from I could copy the ability?
I don't know, I haven't coded one, but thefiremind might have.

Takhen wrote:My interest is to know if there is an archive that gathers all the abilities and similar already coded still now
Because I have the static abilities but I could need others from those that uses a keyword (so that uses a copy-pastable code)
No, there is no such archive. Some abilities are even coded differently from different coders.

Takhen wrote:For example today I was looking for Convoke, Storm, Conspire and Bloodrush.
Abilities like Bloodrush have only a part of code that is the same: the cost of bloodrush that is the same, but different effects, so it is HALF copy-pastable, but better than nothing!
The only piece about Bloodrush that is the same is that the card is discarded from hand (which is only part of the cost), so no it is not even half copy-pastable, cost is only a small part of an ability.

Takhen wrote:Indeed for Storm or Convoke, the code should be more simple because it is ever the same, so it should be TOTALLY copy-pastable
Someones, like Rigenerate, I found in pre-made cards, but othes, like these I wrote, I didn't
Storm should be pretty easy to copy and paste, but Convoke is a difficult ability to code and as such any card you find it on may or may not have been coded generically (in other words the coding may or may not be specific to that card).

Takhen wrote:I don't want to use the mods of other users, I want to do my decks with only xml and tdx files, because if I can avoid to learn a new format file and codes I want to do
So my question wasn't to insert their LOLs in my deck (I was talking about their LOLs, but if we have the archieve I'm looking for I don't need them anymore), but to open those and copy the code of their LOLs in my cards so that it isn't my deck to explain the ability to the game and the cards to say "I have that ability the LOL said" but it is the card its self to explain the game what to do, as others abilities I know already do

To be more clear, I don't want something like:
LOL FILE = Contains CASCADE's CODE
XML FILE = "Add to this card the effect from CASCADE'S CODE"

But I want:
XML FILE = Add the effect from THE SEGUENT code (that is the CASCADE CODE on the same card)

I don't know if I was able to explain what I want to say and if it is possible, I hope to yes for both
You have explained what you want and yes it is possible, but it is not always going to be easy and will REQUIRE some programming knowledge because you will have to modify anything you copy from a LOL file to a card's XML. Some of the simple modifications that have to be done are things like changing "<" to "&lt;" and ">" to "&gt;". Other changes would include removing the function housing and substituting parameters (essentially manually in-lining every non-built-in function).

Takhen wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:That depends if the card you want to foil is already of the correct rarity then there is no need to change the rarity.
So if a card is rare, I can't do NOT foil (talking for the AI) that card...
Unless you change the card rarity to one that isn't foilable, then no the AI will always have the option of foiling it.

Takhen wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:Foiling for the AI appears to be randomly done based on rarity and biased shuffling values "@2" or "@3" after the card in the deck (like using "#").
...and if I want a NOT rare card IS foil I have to add "@2" or "@3" (what's the difference?) as the "#" for the promo (those works only for AI), true?
No, rarity is still taken into account, so if the card does not have the right rarity (unless you forced it to promo) it will still not be foiled. Promo should also work for the player to force foil a card. "@2" and "@3" are primarily for biased shuffling (each specifies the level required to not bias shuffle that card), but the engine seems to also use this for partially determining what to foil in the AI's deck (for us it can also be used to see roughly when during a game the AI plays a card that we made biased if any).

Takhen wrote:You are right, excuse me if I make you repeat what has been already said, but I like and thank for the help in "index" the pages that I have to deepen :) :D :)
So, if I understand the topic, the sideboard is made from unlocked cards that I have to unlock with the code in APPID_LINKING.txt by adding a code as 97330 (and the exactly same I have to do for activate the foil effect for the user)
I hope what I understand was right
That is correct, APPID_LINKING.TXT is used for both.

Takhen wrote:Then I read that there isn't an APPID_LINKING for each deck, but that the game reads A SINGLE ONE of these APPID_LINKING (the most recent, or something like that) for every decks so I can't divide it between WADs as I would like (to do every deck has its sideboard indipendet from the others), right?
That is also correct. This is why most modders either include APPID_LINKING.TXT in a separate WAD or don't include one at all. Some modders even try to avoid even needing one by using only promo unlocks or having no sideboard at all.

Takhen wrote:So I opened some decks I downloaded and I researched this APPID_LINKING (Now I'm tryng to found from those only the ufficial, so if there are others WADs with it I don't already know)
In your topic you talks about "DLC number" to know which APPID_LINKING is the most recent, but I didn't understand, also because I don't know what is this DLC number and indeed I do not know what it means the same initials DLC!
DLC = Downloadable Content.

DLC Number is the number on the WAD:
DATA_DLC_0001.WAD has a DLC Number 1.
DATA_DLC_8192.WAD has a DLC Number 8192.
DECK_0017_ST.WAD has a DLC Number 17.
DECK_199901_ST.WAD has a DLC Number 199901.

No extensive testing has really been done to see whether DATA_DLC_s have precedence over DECK_s or the other way around so I'm not sure which takes precedence.

Takhen wrote:But I have to say that, for my doubt (because they are more than one that you said it should be) and according with your reference to "DLC", I found 4 APPID_LINKING files: one in DATA_CORE, and others in DATA_DLC_0002/0003/0004 :shock:
Maybe the game uses the most recent and I should delete the others three, or maybe I should copy the text of all those in a single file or I will do damage to some decks, I don't know, that I know is that I don't know which of these is the most recent or however which the one the game uses :lol:
Those are all official WADs and should not be changed, but the game does seem to use the one from the highest DLC number (explained above) so if you make a WAD with a higher DLC number that should be the one used.

Takhen wrote:We have no control over the card frame? I thought we have because I found some card frames opening the downloaded WADs (perhaps I have to say that those were similar as normal cards or for Tokens with or without effect, not "textless")

My question was born also thinking the "TEXTLESS ERROR" I tested some posts before
Firemind explained to me that it was because I made a colorless permanent that wasn't neither a land neither an artifact, so I was thinking that even if we need a land, we could use this "bug" to do Zendikar's Land
That's right, the game engine determines what card frame to use, we have no control over that.

Card Frames still have to exist, but we don't get to pick which ones are used (though we could change the existing ones, but that would change every card that uses those frames).

If you make Zendikar's land as a "colourless permanent" without the "Land" type then you could use the graphic for the whole card, but the card would no longer be a land and would not be correct because then it could not be targeted by cards like Strip Mine and Armageddon, but would be targeted by cards like Cranial Extraction and Child of Alara. As soon as you give it the correct type you would be constrained to the card frame again so, no, there is no way to properly make the lands to use put the picture on the whole card. Also if a card has no types then it is "invisible" (which is a trick we use to make certain effect tokens that we don't want the player to see) and isn't accessible to the player.

Before you ask, Eldrazi cards work because they are neither Land nor Artifact, but they do have either the Creature or Enchantment types (Instant and Sorcery types may also work) and they are colourless.

Takhen wrote:There were also DECK_000X_ST, or DECK_000X_CH, or DECK_000X_UT and _PC but I didn't open because they were a lot...
Depending on what mods you have installed (or not) many of those are official decks, while others are modded decks. Typically modded decks have considerably higher numbers than the official (so that we don't conflict). Though while DECK_XXXX_?? is from the official standpoint used to indicate a deck, modders have also included non-deck items in their files as well sometimes. For example "Deck_1999_Cosmetic.wad" is thefiremind's cosmetic mod and changes graphics, but has no deck or card related items in it. Another example is "Deck_9999_Unlocks1.wad" it only really contains an APPID_LINKING.TXT (other than headers) and also has no decks or cards in it.

Basically we know for certain that WADs that start with either "DATA_DLC_" or "DECK_" are read and used by the game, but they can contain basically whatever we want so modders stick to using those filenames, but what they put in them is up to them. We tend to appreciate useful naming as it can tell us roughly what we can expect to find in the files, but not all modders give us friendly names for the WADs and we just have to look and see what is in it.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 19 Feb 2013, 16:41

Takhen wrote:For example today I was looking for Convoke, Storm, Conspire and Bloodrush.
Convoke is really a pain to make: you can try with this attempt but I think it wouldn't be easy to adapt for other cards.
Storm is here, you can paste it on any card you need.
Conspire should be relatively easy to make, even if I'm not sure about its timing ("As you cast this spell...").
Bloodrush can be done by combining cycling with Moment of Heroism. Let me explain: the cost part is taken from cycling, while Moment of Heroism can give you a full example on how to change power/toughness and add an ability.
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" active_zone="ZONE_HAND">
    -- Localised text goes here
    <COST type="DiscardSelf" />
    <COST type="Mana" cost="{1}{R}" />
    <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
    filter:SetHint( HINT_ALLIED_ONLY, EffectController() )
    </TARGET_DEFINITION>
    <TARGET_DETERMINATION>
    return AtLeastOneTargetFromDefinition(0)
    </TARGET_DETERMINATION>
    <PLAY_TIME_ACTION target_choosing="1">
    EffectController():ChooseTarget( 0, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE", EffectDC():Make_Targets(0) )
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C">
    local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
    if target ~= nil then
       local characteristics = target:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:Power_Add( 2 )
       characteristics:Toughness_Add( 2 )
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6">
    local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
    if target ~= nil then
       local characteristics = target:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:Characteristic_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_LIFELINK, 1 )
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY step="declare_blockers" />
    <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response_dangerous" />
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
With this code you would have a Bloodrush with cost {1} {R} that gives +2/+2 and lifelink. Do you need +3/+1 and first strike? Change the Power_Add and Toughness_Add parameters, change CHARACTERISTIC_LIFELINK with CHARACTERISTIC_FIRST_STRIKE, and that's it. You don't need to add a static ability? Remove the entire second CONTINUOUS_ACTION block and you'll just give power/toughness.

But there's something I'm really curious about: what deck are you planning to make that has Bushido, Convoke, Storm, Conspire and Bloodrush? :lol: I usually don't even think about how to code an ability as long as I don't need it, that's why I haven't coded Bushido (and other abilities) yet.
Anyway all this talking about Bushido made me curious about finding a good implementation for Sensei Golden-Tail and Takeno, Samurai General so that they can work together... I'll work on them soon. :wink:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 20 Feb 2013, 02:46

Excuse me, I would add a question
I haven't already read your answers because I had a little few of time, so I just tried to make a card and I will read and answer very near.

Before I do, should you tell me the mistake I have done in doing Epic Struggle?
After I have done some little card, this I tried a lot of ways but nothig, and I admit I am very, very, very disappointed by this failure...

I used Scute Mob, Felidar Sovreign, Visions of Beyond...Nothing to do...
All those are similar in the effect and very different in the code...

This is the attempt I considered most correct...

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<CARD_V2>
  <FILENAME text="EPIC_STRUGGLE_33697" />
  <CARDNAME text="EPIC_STRUGGLE" />

<ARTID value="EPIC_STRUGGLE_33697" />
  <ARTIST name="Greg &amp; Tim Hildebrandt" />

<TYPE metaname="Enchantment" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{2}{G}{G}" />
  <MULTIVERSEID value="33697" />
  <EXPANSION value="DPE" />
  <RARITY metaname="R" />

<TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Epic Struggle]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Episches Streiten]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Lucha épica]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Lutte épique]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Lotta Epica]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Epic Struggle]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Epic Struggle]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Epic Struggle]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Confronto Épico]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>

<FLAVOURTEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA["If our foes will not listen to words, perhaps hooves and claws will make them take notice."
—Seton, centaur druid]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[„Wenn unsere Feinde uns nicht zuhören wollen, werden vielleicht Hufe und Klauen sie zur Besinnung bringen."
—Seton, Zentaurendruide]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[""Si nuestros enemigos no hacen caso a las palabras, quizá los cascos y las garras hagan que presten atención".
Seton, druida centauro"
—]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[« Si nos ennemis n'écoutent pas nos paroles, peut-être entendront-ils nos sabots et nos griffes ? »
—Selton, druide centaure.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA["Se i nostri nemici non ascolteranno le nostre parole, forse cambieranno idea alla vista degli artigli e degli zoccoli."
—Seton, druido centauro]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[「If our foes will not listen to words, perhaps hooves and claws will make them take notice.」
――Seton, centaur druid]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA["If our foes will not listen to words, perhaps hooves and claws will make them take notice."
—Seton, centaur druid]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[«If our foes will not listen to words, perhaps hooves and claws will make them take notice».
— Seton, centaur druid]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA["Se nossos inimigos não derem ouvidos às palavras, talvez os cascos e as garras os façam prestar atenção."
—Seton, druida centauro]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </FLAVOURTEXT>

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control twenty or more creatures, you win the game.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Falls du zu Beginn deines Versorgungssegments zwanzig oder mehr Kreaturen kontrollierst, gewinnst du das Spiel.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Al comienzo de tu mantenimiento, si controlas 20 ó más criaturas, ganas el juego.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Au début de votre entretien, si vous contrôlez vingt créatures ou plus, vous gagnez la partie.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[All'inizio del tuo mantenimento, se controlli venti o più creature, vinci la partita.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control twenty or more creatures, you win the game.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control twenty or more creatures, you win the game.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control twenty or more creatures, you win the game.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[No início de sua manutenção, se você controlar vinte ou mais criaturas, você ganha o jogo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <TRIGGER value="BEGINNING_OF_STEP" simple_qualifier="controller">

local player = EffectController()
    if ((MTG():GetStep() == STEP_UPKEEP) and (player:MyTurn() ~= 0)) then
       filter:SetPlayer(player)
       local total = filter:Count()
       if total &gt; 19 then
          return true
       end
    end
    return false
    </TRIGGER>

<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    if total &gt; 19 then
       EffectController():WinGame()
    end
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
I also tried this (and a lot of others I don't paste because were a little casual as attempts...) :
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    if total &gt; 19 then
       victory_true = 1
       end
    end   
    if(victory_true == 1) then

EffectController():WinGame()

end
But nothing...
So I surrender and "I go to the page of the solutions" by asking to you...

PS: I repeat I will near read all, but this card made me angry, so in my little time I have equally to ask, or I will lose any more time to make attempts almost random...
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 20 Feb 2013, 02:48

Could you* tell me the mistake I have done in doing Epic Struggle?
Not "should you" :)
Takhen

Postby thefiremind » 20 Feb 2013, 09:42

Did you see that you wrote
twice?
thefiremind
Programmer