It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:11

Text Size

Could I ask a question, please?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Could I ask a question, please?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Mar 2013, 21:49

Takhen wrote:Maybe you are talking about to take only the “Core” (or however the core files of each modder) and it could be a better idea if these are separated from decks
Or if there are not ever separated, maybe it is possible to create a single updatable core that contains all LOLs, BADGES, etc (if it don't take a lot of ROM space there is no problem) so that only for the deck there is the choice of to add or not but each XML or WAD will automatically works

Is this your idea? If I understand right it could be better than mine and equally ordered :D :D :D
In essence yes, if the mod you want to use stores cards in a core mod then you can simply dump any decks you don't want. I use a separate core mod for cards and necessary files with separate wads for each deck and if I remember correctly thefiremind either does the same thing (or at least something very similar, though he doesn't give his wads the deck names like I do with mine).

Takhen wrote:You are right: I have also Promo Unlock cards withouth the 10 codes that unlocks the 10 official cards from 30/40 to 40/40
I didn't only because I was thinking to my mods and I didn't need those extra cards
Now I was trying to insert those codes and the game crashed...
So I unistalled all the game and I installed to try: same result, when I confirm the first code it crashes

This is strange because now the game is clean, with no mods, and when I tried those 10 codes some time ago they worked...
This happened to me for quite a while and I never could figure out what caused the crash when trying to enter the codes.

A while back I did create a clean profile with the 10 promo codes entered. If you use this profile you won't have to worry about the game crashing because I've already entered the codes into it (other deck unlocks have not been unlocked, will show 10/40 unlocked because the promos are unlocked). It was not made with the deck packs, but it should still work regardless of which version of the game you are using.

Re: [08-01-2012] DOTP 2013 Community DLC MOD Released

Takhen wrote:Maybe to provide which cards will reach the 100th token would be hard
Also a card that adds a single token could go beyond the 100 with particular condition (Parallel Lives + 99Tokhen already in play)
And however would be an effort to modify in this way all the cards that makes tokens

So I thought that “we” (I would do gladly but it is a little out of my skills :lol:) could modify instread the same token with a string of code like <If a player need to add some other of this token but the game reach the 100th, add instread the Xtype_Token_2>: the same idea from before but from the token itself and not from the card
Could be useful my suggest? :)

Obviusly it could be useful between a difference of 100-200, but no so much if the difference is 100-135...
Depending on how many tokens the game will support without crashing depends on what I would write for support. If it supported a lot of tokens then I would have written a function that could take in how many tokens to create then a comma delimited list of token types (saproling_1, saproling_2, etc...), but as the limit looks to be closer to the token limit of 100 I'm thinking of instead putting in a function that counts all tokens and will refuse to create the tokens if it would put it over the max "safe" token limit.

Takhen wrote:I loved your choice :)
Thank you, I simply didn't like trying to remember which wad number went with which deck so I simply scrapped the numbers and put the names there (helps me as much as it helps others).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 04 Mar 2013, 00:13

RiiakShiNal wrote:In essence yes, if the mod you want to use stores cards in a core mod then you can simply dump any decks you don't want. I use a separate core mod for cards and necessary files with separate wads for each deck and if I remember correctly thefiremind either does the same thing (or at least something very similar, though he doesn't give his wads the deck names like I do with mine).
So I can use all cards of other players without have all the decks, I'm happy about this.

Now I have to understand how it could be better: I want to keep my XMLs folder, I don't want to extract the card from the particular deck when I need
So there is a single core I can use? Or can I simply create it by gathering all the LOLs I found (and maybe badges or what else), and will find? Also by modifing a preexisting Core by unpack, adding, repack
Or there are more core but that are only core so that I can consider thos as "a piece of the game" and put them as a "patch", as I did with the ricks.dll: without knowing what is it and without occupy a lot of space or without seeing differences in the game, but that "in secret" let all my XMLs works when I add as ricks.dll made them become read?

I gathered these LOLs, and also a little bit of other (some badges maybe, or other I can't use)

If it can be useful for the answer, I upload those

RiiakShiNal wrote:This happened to me for quite a while and I never could figure out what caused the crash when trying to enter the codes.

A while back I did create a clean profile with the 10 promo codes entered. If you use this profile you won't have to worry about the game crashing because I've already entered the codes into it (other deck unlocks have not been unlocked, will show 10/40 unlocked because the promos are unlocked). It was not made with the deck packs, but it should still work regardless of which version of the game you are using.

Re: [08-01-2012] DOTP 2013 Community DLC MOD Released
But with the Theta version the profile wasn't in the game directory (where I don't find anything similar to these files you linked)?
Where I have to put them?

And this is only a temporary solution for some bad installation or similar, or there is something wrong in my game?
I have to know because I want to take notes to know what to do with all at the time I will format my pc and reinstall the game

RiiakShiNal wrote:Depending on how many tokens the game will support without crashing depends on what I would write for support. If it supported a lot of tokens then I would have written a function that could take in how many tokens to create then a comma delimited list of token types (saproling_1, saproling_2, etc...), but as the limit looks to be closer to the token limit of 100 I'm thinking of instead putting in a function that counts all tokens and will refuse to create the tokens if it would put it over the max "safe" token limit.
This is very well, to avoid in first that the game crashes
I use a lot tokens, let know to us if there will be news about this and, if the limit is less closer that it seems, about my advice :)
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 04 Mar 2013, 00:28

Ah, and those comes from the forum's tour, I can't say if they are of 2013, but they are a little number

I haven't already opened all the MODs I have after the forum's tour, but all the Function and Badges I found in the WIKI 2013 before it are uploaded in this topic (the only problem could be I don't know when there was the same name if I kept the most updated or not, but I think with some information I can simply repair to this)
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 04 Mar 2013, 00:29

Ah, I also read that there could be a problem of compatibility between the LOLs? This could make a problem with the Function Gathering idea...
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 04 Mar 2013, 00:48

I found newly where I read about combatibility and it made the doubt

Thefiremind's DotP2013 DLC v4 viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7388
+
DotP 2013 - Slivers! viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7441&start=15
=
Compatible

+
+
Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v0.2 viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7452
=
Incompatible
Because of: Riiaks Mod overrides the APPID_LINKING.txt, so only the decks from his mod can have unlocked cards.

+
+
Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v0.2 viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7452
+
Riiak Compatibily Patch (made by me) http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/83164602/file.html
=
Compatible
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 04 Mar 2013, 00:52

Takhen wrote:So I can use all cards of other players without have all the decks, I'm happy about this.

Now I have to understand how it could be better: I want to keep my XMLs folder, I don't want to extract the card from the particular deck when I need
So there is a single core I can use? Or can I simply create it by gathering all the LOLs I found (and maybe badges or what else), and will find? Also by modifing a preexisting Core by unpack, adding, repack
Or there are more core but that are only core so that I can consider thos as "a piece of the game" and put them as a "patch", as I did with the ricks.dll: without knowing what is it and without occupy a lot of space or without seeing differences in the game, but that "in secret" let all my XMLs works when I add as ricks.dll made them become read?

I gathered these LOLs, and also a little bit of other (some badges maybe, or other I can't use)

If it can be useful for the answer, I upload those
My core WAD if installed without the decks is pretty much transparent, all cards and functions will work in whatever decks they are used in regardless of whether my decks are installed or not. I can't really comment on other modders core wads, but I'm pretty sure thefiremind's core wad is fairly transparent as well if you don't install the individual decks. The community DLC's core WAD is not transparent (there are decks in the core), and it has campaign issues (the Wayback 2012 campaign it adds definitely won't work and may cause problems with the expansion added campaigns).

Takhen wrote:But with the Theta version the profile wasn't in the game directory (where I don't find anything similar to these files you linked)?
Where I have to put them?

And this is only a temporary solution for some bad installation or similar, or there is something wrong in my game?
I have to know because I want to take notes to know what to do with all at the time I will format my pc and reinstall the game
If you installed the Theta version to Program Files and are not running with administrative privileges then it stores the profile in a user modifiable part of the drive (either userdata, my documents, or appdata). If you have no clue where to look then the easiest way to find it is to simply do a search on your entire hard drive looking for "*.profile" (you may have to have it search in non-indexed parts of the drive as well).

Actually the clean profile will simply bypass the problem, so it can only be seen as a temporary solution if you are frequently deleting and creating new profiles. If you use the same profile all the time then it is a permanent solution.

Takhen wrote:This is very well, to avoid in first that the game crashes
I use a lot tokens, let know to us if there will be news about this and, if the limit is less closer that it seems, about my advice :)
Modifying the tokens themselves to change types to a different one is not possible. The only way to flip to a different type of token if too many of one type exists is to do so on the card creating the token (though functions could be used to reduce the amount of code on the card itself). So no, your "advice" in this case does not help at all. If a change is made on how tokens are created to use a limit or to flip to another type then it must be done on any and every card that wants to use the new system.

Takhen wrote:Ah, I also read that there could be a problem of compatibility between the LOLs? This could make a problem with the Function Gathering idea...
If two LOL files have the same file name then yes, they will conflict.

If two different LOL files have a function that is named the same, but operate differently or take different parameters, or return different information then yes, they will conflict.

Not all modders have made efforts to make their file names or function names unique and due to this some conflicts have arisen. That is why the current "Best Practice" is for when a modder makes a LOL file or makes a function they should put a unique prefix on it (the prefix should be unique to the modder not necessarily unique to the file or function as the prefix will make the files and functions unique).

Also your function gathering idea will be shot down as soon as a modder updates their work and the function collection you have compiled does not get updated. The problem with collecting things (like code, mods, and other things that change over time) is that someone has to be dedicated to it basically for the lifetime of the collection (it is possible to hand things off, but finding someone willing and dedicated enough to take over can be very difficult). As soon as there is no one updating the collection then it generally becomes more of a problem than a help.

Edit:
Takhen wrote:I found newly where I read about combatibility and it made the doubt
If you read that carefully it was talking about the APPID_LINKING.TXT file, which we have gone over multiple times and as you can now see my mod puts it into a separate WAD which is easily removed (though the same can not be said about the Community DLC, which has not yet separated it).

This was also addressed in that thread.

If you try to apply that "patch" now you will screw up the WAD as that "patch" was made for an earlier version.

It is really hard to respond to you when you keep making new posts (one after the other) in the same thread. Generally I dislike double posts (much less multi-posts).

There is an Edit button for posts so you don't have to multi-post.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 05 Mar 2013, 01:56

RiiakShiNal wrote:My core WAD if installed without the decks is pretty much transparent, all cards and functions will work in whatever decks they are used in regardless of whether my decks are installed or not. I can't really comment on other modders core wads, but I'm pretty sure thefiremind's core wad is fairly transparent as well if you don't install the individual decks. The community DLC's core WAD is not transparent (there are decks in the core), and it has campaign issues (the Wayback 2012 campaign it adds definitely won't work and may cause problems with the expansion added campaigns).
Maybe I could separate decks/wayback and core in the third case
These three are the only cores?

RiiakShiNal wrote:If you installed the Theta version to Program Files and are not running with administrative privileges then it stores the profile in a user modifiable part of the drive (either userdata, my documents, or appdata). If you have no clue where to look then the easiest way to find it is to simply do a search on your entire hard drive looking for "*.profile" (you may have to have it search in non-indexed parts of the drive as well).

Actually the clean profile will simply bypass the problem, so it can only be seen as a temporary solution if you are frequently deleting and creating new profiles. If you use the same profile all the time then it is a permanent solution.
Done
Now I have 10/40 (it locked all'other decks and cards as the game was never played yet, but I think this isn't important for the target to see how to make a sideboard)
But failed, when I go in Manage Deck it is 0/0, if I open the deck it crashes

Maybe it needs something like APPINFOFILE_DEFAULT or else? I have nothing of that links the content of the folder UNLOCKS with other folders or files...
I made other modifies by watching at Nefarot but the best I did is that now I see 20/20 (10 promo, 10 unlocks)

Actual situation:
folder UNLOCKS, two files (I used “D13_” because also Nefarot did):
D13_CUORE_DELLA_MIRIADE_PROMO_1
Code: Select all
<UNLOCKS uid="9999201" deck_uid="9999001" content_pack="0" game_mode="2">
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="50" unlockOrderId="0" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="51" unlockOrderId="1" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="52" unlockOrderId="2" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="53" unlockOrderId="3" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="54" unlockOrderId="4" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="55" unlockOrderId="5" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="56" unlockOrderId="6" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="57" unlockOrderId="7" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="58" unlockOrderId="8" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="59" unlockOrderId="9" quantity="1" />
</UNLOCKS>
D13_CUORE_DELLA_MIRIADE_UNLOCK_1
<UNLOCKS uid="9999101" deck_uid="9999001" content_pack="0" game_mode="0">
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="40" unlockOrderId="0" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="41" unlockOrderId="1" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="42" unlockOrderId="2" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="43" unlockOrderId="3" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="44" unlockOrderId="4" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="45" unlockOrderId="5" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="46" unlockOrderId="6" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="47" unlockOrderId="7" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="48" unlockOrderId="8" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="49" unlockOrderId="9" quantity="1" />
</UNLOCKS>
Data_Core\DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\CONFIGS\APPID_LINKING.txt
[AJANI_DEFAULT]

[CHANDRA_DEFAULT]

[GARRUK_DEFAULT]

[JACE_DEFAULT]

[KEZZIK_DEFAULT]

[LILIANA_DEFAULT]

[MANDRED_DEFAULT]

[NEFAROX_DEFAULT]

[SARNEK_DEFAULT]

[TALKOS_DEFAULT]

[AZORIUS_DEFAULT]

[GOLGARI_DEFAULT]

[IZZET_DEFAULT]

[RAKDOS_DEFAULT]

[Wielding_Steel]

[Cuore_della_Miriade]
With my eyes all seems ok, and similar as Nefarot but nothing...

RiiakShiNal wrote:Modifying the tokens themselves to change types to a different one is not possible. The only way to flip to a different type of token if too many of one type exists is to do so on the card creating the token (though functions could be used to reduce the amount of code on the card itself). So no, your "advice" in this case does not help at all. If a change is made on how tokens are created to use a limit or to flip to another type then it must be done on any and every card that wants to use the new system.
It seems a great efford, but I can't say I'm not the expert here :)

RiiakShiNal wrote:If two LOL files have the same file name then yes, they will conflict.

If two different LOL files have a function that is named the same, but operate differently or take different parameters, or return different information then yes, they will conflict.

Not all modders have made efforts to make their file names or function names unique and due to this some conflicts have arisen. That is why the current "Best Practice" is for when a modder makes a LOL file or makes a function they should put a unique prefix on it (the prefix should be unique to the modder not necessarily unique to the file or function as the prefix will make the files and functions unique).

Also your function gathering idea will be shot down as soon as a modder updates their work and the function collection you have compiled does not get updated. The problem with collecting things (like code, mods, and other things that change over time) is that someone has to be dedicated to it basically for the lifetime of the collection (it is possible to hand things off, but finding someone willing and dedicated enough to take over can be very difficult). As soon as there is no one updating the collection then it generally becomes more of a problem than a help.

Edit:
Takhen wrote:I found newly where I read about combatibility and it made the doubt
If you read that carefully it was talking about the APPID_LINKING.TXT file, which we have gone over multiple times and as you can now see my mod puts it into a separate WAD which is easily removed (though the same can not be said about the Community DLC, which has not yet separated it).

This was also addressed in that thread.

If you try to apply that "patch" now you will screw up the WAD as that "patch" was made for an earlier version.
So there are no compatibility problems, this is good.
About my idea if the only problem is that I will not have the updated mods, if it is easy to make from the mods my only-one-core, I could update with no efforts when modders share their mods
The important is that changes the functions but that the XMLs runs also with the new ones
Or also the already coded cards will always change
I could update a little of them when some bugs are correct, but if it is “modder shared the new XD.LOL: delete all your XMLs because now they doesn't work” this could really destroy my “idea”
At least I can accept “modder shared its XD.LOL, the only 1.XML and 2.XML cards could not work, so delete only those”
But I think I should can keep a little, also limited, archieve of XMLs
For example I did Horobi, Death's Wail without using LOLs (also if they where installed, so I have yet to control if it works without mods...) so I should can keep it and similar others (if I know which are similar between those made from the other modders) without problem, no?
Not everyone can use a LOL! And if there is a “keycode”, for example “EffectDC=this card uses a lol” I could keep only the cards without EffectDC in the text
However there could be a way with to be more near possible with my archieve-idea without have grat problems, it isn't?

RiiakShiNal wrote:There is an Edit button for posts so you don't have to multi-post.
Sorry, I don't use forums a lot, so I don't know all functions :)
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Mar 2013, 04:49

Takhen wrote:Maybe I could separate decks/wayback and core in the third case
These three are the only cores?
No, there are other modders that have their own cores, then there are also modders who simply put everything in the same wad, and there are others who do not have a core and instead have split things up based on the deck.

Takhen wrote:Done
Now I have 10/40 (it locked all'other decks and cards as the game was never played yet, but I think this isn't important for the target to see how to make a sideboard)
But failed, when I go in Manage Deck it is 0/0, if I open the deck it crashes

Maybe it needs something like APPINFOFILE_DEFAULT or else? I have nothing of that links the content of the folder UNLOCKS with other folders or files...
I made other modifies by watching at Nefarot but the best I did is that now I see 20/20 (10 promo, 10 unlocks)

Actual situation:
folder UNLOCKS, two files (I used “D13_” because also Nefarot did):
D13_CUORE_DELLA_MIRIADE_PROMO_1
<UNLOCKS uid="9999201" deck_uid="9999001" content_pack="0" game_mode="2">
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="50" unlockOrderId="0" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="51" unlockOrderId="1" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="52" unlockOrderId="2" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="53" unlockOrderId="3" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="54" unlockOrderId="4" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="55" unlockOrderId="5" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="56" unlockOrderId="6" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="57" unlockOrderId="7" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="58" unlockOrderId="8" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="RANCOR_276969#" deckOrderId="59" unlockOrderId="9" quantity="1" />
</UNLOCKS>
D13_CUORE_DELLA_MIRIADE_UNLOCK_1
<UNLOCKS uid="9999101" deck_uid="9999001" content_pack="0" game_mode="0">
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="40" unlockOrderId="0" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="41" unlockOrderId="1" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="42" unlockOrderId="2" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="43" unlockOrderId="3" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="44" unlockOrderId="4" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="45" unlockOrderId="5" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="46" unlockOrderId="6" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="47" unlockOrderId="7" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="48" unlockOrderId="8" quantity="1" />
  <CARD name="GREEN_SUNS_ZENITH_38221559" deckOrderId="49" unlockOrderId="9" quantity="1" />
</UNLOCKS>
Data_Core\DATA_CORE\DATA_PC\CONFIGS\APPID_LINKING.txt
[AJANI_DEFAULT]

[CHANDRA_DEFAULT]

[GARRUK_DEFAULT]

[JACE_DEFAULT]

[KEZZIK_DEFAULT]

[LILIANA_DEFAULT]

[MANDRED_DEFAULT]

[NEFAROX_DEFAULT]

[SARNEK_DEFAULT]

[TALKOS_DEFAULT]

[AZORIUS_DEFAULT]

[GOLGARI_DEFAULT]

[IZZET_DEFAULT]

[RAKDOS_DEFAULT]

[Wielding_Steel]

[Cuore_della_Miriade]
With my eyes all seems ok, and similar as Nefarot but nothing...
If it is showing 20/20 then your Unlocks and AppId Linking are correct which probably means your crashing problem is elsewhere. One of the common things that causes crashes is not having a unique land pool uid. I would have to see more (at least the deck and land pool, possibly more depending on how everything is written) to figure out exactly what the problem is.

As for the APPINFOFILE_DEFAULT.XML file, I have not found anywhere that it is actually needed. If you look at my mods you will see that none of my WADs contains that file.

Takhen wrote:It seems a great efford, but I can't say I'm not the expert here :)
It could take quite a bit of effort to update all the files that create tokens, but if it will prevent crashes I think it is worth it. First though I have to figure out what the safe token max is.

Takhen wrote:So there are no compatibility problems, this is good.
The only compatibility problem I know of at the moment is with the Community DLC regarding both the Wayback 2012 campaign (conflicts with the official expansion) and the APPID_LINKING.TXT that is present in Data_DLC_0999 (it will conflict with any other APPID_LINKING.TXT files from other expansions and mods).

Thefiremind's mod and my mod play together quite happily (no conflicts). As long as Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking.wad is removed or modified my mod will play happily with pretty much any mod out there. Thefiremind's mod will pretty much play happily with any mod out there as well (especially since it only uses Promo unlocks now). The Community DLC will require modification to play well with others (the two problems mentioned in the paragraph above).

Takhen wrote:About my idea if the only problem is that I will not have the updated mods, if it is easy to make from the mods my only-one-core, I could update with no efforts when modders share their mods
The important is that changes the functions but that the XMLs runs also with the new ones
Or also the already coded cards will always change
I could update a little of them when some bugs are correct, but if it is “modder shared the new XD.LOL: delete all your XMLs because now they doesn't work” this could really destroy my “idea”
At least I can accept “modder shared its XD.LOL, the only 1.XML and 2.XML cards could not work, so delete only those”
But I think I should can keep a little, also limited, archieve of XMLs
For example I did Horobi, Death's Wail without using LOLs (also if they where installed, so I have yet to control if it works without mods...) so I should can keep it and similar others (if I know which are similar between those made from the other modders) without problem, no?
Not everyone can use a LOL! And if there is a “keycode”, for example “EffectDC=this card uses a lol” I could keep only the cards without EffectDC in the text
However there could be a way with to be more near possible with my archieve-idea without have grat problems, it isn't?
Any card that uses Object(), ObjectDC(), EffectDC(), EffectController(), EffectSource(), etc... (basically all cards that have abilities) use at least one LOL file. Every card that has been coded to date that has at least one ability uses LOL files (even your Horobi, Death's Wail, you don't know enough to not use LOL files).

Pretty much anyone who codes a card with an ability is using LOL files, so there is no point in trying to make cards without using them. Think about it this way the below two code blocks are equivalent (they do exactly the same thing), which is easier to code?

This code block does not use LOL files (though "_G" probably does come from a LOL file I don't know what file it is or what the value of "_G" is):
rawget(_G, 5):GetCurrentObject( rawget(_G, 5) ):Sacrifice( rawget(_G, 5):EffectController( rawget(_G, 5) ))
This code block does use LOL files (it only uses LOLs that are in the base game, but they are still LOLs):
Object():Sacrifice( EffectController() )
Personally I think the second code block is easier to read, understand, and code.

As for what will happen to cards if a modder updates a LOL it will depend on how the LOL was changed. If the modder only changed the contents of a function (not the parameters or output) then all cards should continue working without any change to the cards themselves. If a parameter for a function changes or the output changes then every card that references that function will also need to be updated or else they will not work right. If a function was added to the LOL then only cards that were changed to use the new function will change. If a function is removed (this generally does not happen) then all cards that reference that function will need to be updated to work without that function.

Typically when a modder updates a mod there are lots of small changes (bug fixes in cards and LOLs) and added files (new cards, images, decks, etc...) so in compiling an "all-in-one core" you would need to check all files for differences and update those that have changed (overwriting is an option, but then you may run into issues with different files with the same name, like two different modders coding the same card). Keeping an archive is a lot of work and is quite time consuming. I'm not going to tell you that you can't (because it could be done), but you should know before you start that it will require a lot of effort on your part.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 05 Mar 2013, 16:27

RiiakShiNal wrote:If it is showing 20/20 then your Unlocks and AppId Linking are correct which probably means your crashing problem is elsewhere. One of the common things that causes crashes is not having a unique land pool uid. I would have to see more (at least the deck and land pool, possibly more depending on how everything is written) to figure out exactly what the problem is.

As for the APPINFOFILE_DEFAULT.XML file, I have not found anywhere that it is actually needed. If you look at my mods you will see that none of my WADs contains that file.
Crashes with promo codes and crashes with promo side...maybe it could be linked
However the land pool uid was 1, I thought it could be the problem (also if I already used this deck for the 9999/9999 hydra) so I changed it to 9999000 to be sure, but the same result
If you need to see more, and because it isn't the land pool's uid, I am going to upload my actual work, hoping this can reveal the problem

Deck_Cuore_della_Miriade.zip

RiiakShiNal wrote:It could take quite a bit of effort to update all the files that create tokens, but if it will prevent crashes I think it is worth it. First though I have to figure out what the safe token max is.
Waiting good news about :)

RiiakShiNal wrote:No, there are other modders that have their own cores, then there are also modders who simply put everything in the same wad, and there are others who do not have a core and instead have split things up based on the deck.
RiiakShiNal wrote:The only compatibility problem I know of at the moment is with the Community DLC regarding both the Wayback 2012 campaign (conflicts with the official expansion) and the APPID_LINKING.TXT that is present in Data_DLC_0999 (it will conflict with any other APPID_LINKING.TXT files from other expansions and mods).

Thefiremind's mod and my mod play together quite happily (no conflicts). As long as Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking.wad is removed or modified my mod will play happily with pretty much any mod out there. Thefiremind's mod will pretty much play happily with any mod out there as well (especially since it only uses Promo unlocks now). The Community DLC will require modification to play well with others (the two problems mentioned in the paragraph above).
RiiakShiNal wrote:Any card that uses Object(), ObjectDC(), EffectDC(), EffectController(), EffectSource(), etc... (basically all cards that have abilities) use at least one LOL file. Every card that has been coded to date that has at least one ability uses LOL files (even your Horobi, Death's Wail, you don't know enough to not use LOL files).

Pretty much anyone who codes a card with an ability is using LOL files, so there is no point in trying to make cards without using them. Think about it this way the below two code blocks are equivalent (they do exactly the same thing), which is easier to code?

This code block does not use LOL files (though "_G" probably does come from a LOL file I don't know what file it is or what the value of "_G" is):
rawget(_G, 5):GetCurrentObject( rawget(_G, 5) ):Sacrifice( rawget(_G, 5):EffectController( rawget(_G, 5) ))
This code block does use LOL files (it only uses LOLs that are in the base game, but they are still LOLs):
Object():Sacrifice( EffectController() )
Personally I think the second code block is easier to read, understand, and code.

As for what will happen to cards if a modder updates a LOL it will depend on how the LOL was changed. If the modder only changed the contents of a function (not the parameters or output) then all cards should continue working without any change to the cards themselves. If a parameter for a function changes or the output changes then every card that references that function will also need to be updated or else they will not work right. If a function was added to the LOL then only cards that were changed to use the new function will change. If a function is removed (this generally does not happen) then all cards that reference that function will need to be updated to work without that function.

Typically when a modder updates a mod there are lots of small changes (bug fixes in cards and LOLs) and added files (new cards, images, decks, etc...) so in compiling an "all-in-one core" you would need to check all files for differences and update those that have changed (overwriting is an option, but then you may run into issues with different files with the same name, like two different modders coding the same card). Keeping an archive is a lot of work and is quite time consuming. I'm not going to tell you that you can't (because it could be done), but you should know before you start that it will require a lot of effort on your part.
My fault: I didn't specify that with LOLs I mean “other modders' LOLs that I have to add over the simply installed game”: I have no problems if the cards use LOLs that are already in the game: I haven't to upgrade them because they are official, they for me doesn't exist because I don't touch them in any way
In fact I tried my Horobi now that “there are non LOLs” and it works (probably it uses the official ones, but with my eyes “the card works also if I don't add any other deck or mod”), and I have no problem with these cards that use the official LOLs, just because with “clean game” the card runs anyway

About my wish to add an archieve, maybe it would be better if I don't propose my ideas but ask for an advice
So that I want is to do a “DOTP 2013 backup” (useful also after a PC format) where I will write also notes from this topic and forum, and this would be my resource when I need to create a card
I think I could use all the official card (something like 600, but still now they wasn't not so useful, maybe because I have not a Card Viewer that could make me find with no effort a similar card between those or maybe because 600 is not so much compared to the great variety of all existing sets), but these are the only cards I can use as source? Also for Horobi I needed to use cards out from the official ones (and if it works with clean game, there should be also other cards like it)...

Did you or everyone have some advices to do go more close possible to my wish? The not official are most useful than the official ones, and I found 2000-3000, it would be a pity if all those are useless to my target...
I repeat I have no problem if I have to upgrade sometimes some LOLs, some Cores or some XMLs, but if all the XMLs could be useless in a few months, it becames a problem (this is a great effort, a simple upgrade sometimes it isn't for me)...
I could also keep an archieve made by only your and firemind's cards if you are the only modders which mods are easier to be managed (for example, if I can simply overwrite cores and xmls you will share, also keeping a folder for each modder if it is better for have no problems with “same name but different modder” files, the important is that I can do cars based on a “sure source” also if I have to update sometimes, because not knowing the codes I need of “sure bricks” to build my ones)
The archieve would be less than 2000-3000 but better than 600 :)

And maybe if future updates will be more close to an archieve's idea that I could share could be only the first of a generation that could be useful also for more and more others: to modify (from anyone who wants) is simplier that create (by me now) :D
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 09 Apr 2013, 11:10

I made a little manual of modding before to go in the code, did I forgot something? :)

| Open
The file name must necessarily be Deck_ *. Wad
The display name of the game is contained in the folder TEXT_PERMANENT

The folder AI_PERSONALITIES specify which images to *. Tdx will be used by Artificial Intelligence as an avatar, etc.
Those used by the player are specified folder CONFIGS
The folder contains the images ART_ASSETS *. Tdx both cards, both of Avatar, etc.
You can find pictures of the cards on Magic cropes-Ville
With paint.NET resize to 512x376 and save in *. Tdx opaque (125k)

DECKS the folder containing the file that specifies the characteristics of the deck, the cards that make up its colors (all uid should be different)
The folder contains the CARDS *. Xml contained in the deck of cards

The folder contains unlocks the unlockable cards and those accessible from the 10 Promo Codes (so a maximum of 10)
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Apr 2013, 12:44

Takhen wrote:The file name must necessarily be Deck_ *. Wad
The file name could also start with Data_ and still work (most people who use this style do Data_DLC_*.wad for consistency).

Takhen wrote:With paint.NET resize to 512x376 and save in *. Tdx opaque (125k)
Images can be any size if left uncompressed. If compressing images then the only restriction is that they be in a size that is a multiple of 4 (so 640x480, 320x240, 1024x752, 508x372, etc... also work).

Takhen wrote:DECKS the folder containing the file that specifies the characteristics of the deck, the cards that make up its colors (all uid should be different)
The "all uid should be different" includes land pools. Land pools should not have the same id as any other land pool or as any other deck.

Takhen wrote:The folder contains unlocks the unlockable cards and those accessible from the 10 Promo Codes (so a maximum of 10)
The limit is 10 only if you are sticking exclusively to promo unlocks, regular unlocks can have more cards in it (maximum is dependent on how many cards have been manually added with a theoretical maximum deckOrderId of 127).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 09 Apr 2013, 14:43

Thank you :)
Takhen

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers