It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:02

Text Size

Can someone recognize these releases?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Can someone recognize these releases?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Mar 2013, 19:38

thefiremind wrote:My planar deck contains all the planes from Planechase 2012, which were included in the official deck, and some of the planes from the first Planechase release, which I added. You can't choose which planar deck to use, but my deck will be used instead of the official.
I wanted to add them all, but I got bored after a while because my Localised tool can't find planar cards (they are not present on magiccards.info) and the other tools around here don't do all the "post-processing" I want on my cards (for example changing "..." to “...”). I'll add the missing planes someday, just not now. :D
Well, I know it has been a while since I gave you my tool (which does pull from Gatherer) and the version I gave you didn't do the quote post-processing, but since then I had added that, though I don't think I added the "graceful" apostrophe in the post-processing (but it should be easy to add).

Attached is my tool (and the source code because I haven't touched it in a while). The tool is still not finished (it still only accepts gatherer multiverse ids), but there have been some improvements since I last gave it to you. If you look at the code you can also see that I was in the process of trying to template some things out for better upgrade-ability (in case a new version of DotP comes out).
  • Added some post-processing (quotation marks and the long dash for authors)
  • Mainly switched to reading simple ability code from a template file allowing for new abilities to be auto-coded and/or developers to customize how an ability is coded.
Attachments
DotP2013CardBuilder.zip
(112.32 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 13 Mar 2013, 20:03

I'm actually working on a card generator, too (that's what I was talking about on the previous post), and if everything goes right, it will be a web application like pcastellazzi's generator. Thanks anyway for your tool, I'll be glad to take a look at the source code and eventually be inspired for new ideas to add in my own tool. :)

EDIT: Just saw that it's C#... I'm not very familiar with it (always used C++ or Java), but I should be skilled enough to understand. :lol:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 13 Mar 2013, 22:51

thefiremind wrote:EDIT: Just saw that it's C#... I'm not very familiar with it (always used C++ or Java), but I should be skilled enough to understand. :lol:
The syntax and structure are pretty easy to pick up. The hardest part of any language is understanding the framework as there can be hundreds to thousands of functions and/or objects to understand.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers