It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:50

Text Size

DotP 2014 Game footage (June 26th release)

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DotP 2014 Game footage (June 26th release)

Postby NEMESiS » 27 Jun 2013, 01:28

thefiremind wrote:I don't want to open another topic for "DotP 2014: first impressions", so I'll just use this one. :P

Here's what I noticed after some matches:
  • The first opponent (Chandra, not counting tutorials of course) is tough! I had to use the ramp in order to win, which feels a bit like cheating. :lol: (Be aware that I didn't want to add unlockables to the decks because Chandra should be theoretically beatable without them.)
  • The AI does things that it never made before: Chandra often kills her own Magma Phoenix when she wants to wipe the board from weenies.
  • Exiled cards can be browsed! They are rendered near the graveyard, in shades of gray, with an "X" badge on them.
  • We'll need to get used to confirm the choices when we browse libraries (and probably during other kinds of choices): while we just needed to click on the chosen cards before, now the game wants us to click on the "confirm" button. It's a good thing, no more misclicks.
I smoked her on my first try, only lost only 5 life and on Planeswalker difficulty. 8) but I did have the Chandra deck fully unlocked since I had the game preordered and edited it before the match. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I noticed that the AI dealt damage to itself with Vigilante Justice after casting a Thraben Doomsayer.
NEMESiS

DotP 2014 expansion (September 18th release)

Postby thefiremind » 30 Aug 2013, 08:36

The expansion is set to be released on September 18th.
Source: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... rcana/1310

Not many hints about what we should expect, just a mention to Kamigawa (the bushido deck is coming) and to the appearance of Elspeth in the campaign (curious that she's in Theros and they chose her for an appearance, isn't it? :roll:).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: DotP 2014 expansion (September 18th release)

Postby sumomole » 30 Aug 2013, 09:39

thefiremind wrote:The expansion is set to be released on September 18th.
Source: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... rcana/1310

Not many hints about what we should expect, just a mention to Kamigawa (the bushido deck is coming) and to the appearance of Elspeth in the campaign (curious that she's in Theros and they chose her for an appearance, isn't it? :roll:).
I saw the fifth deck, Nissa Revane, I like her. :mrgreen:
sumomole
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 04 Nov 2013, 20:09

There's a deck pack coming out this week:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... rcana/1356
It contains a B/U reanimation deck (weird choice, but if you look at the deck list, blue makes sense) and a mono-white flickering deck.
No particular cards whose code I'm eager to see, though.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby MC Brodie » 04 Nov 2013, 21:21

Not even Duplicant or were you able to come up with something for that.

Anyways, doesn't WOTC know we have most of these coded already :)? Where's the new stuff??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby thefiremind » 04 Nov 2013, 23:00

MC Brodie wrote:Not even Duplicant or were you able to come up with something for that.
They will probably ignore the chance of imprinting more than one card at once, as I did, given that only Strionic Resonator would allow it.

EDIT: They did, just as I thought. Not only that, but my Duplicant is slightly better for compatibility with other cards because it tries to re-add all the creature types that it had before the imprinting, not just Shapeshifter, as said in the rulings:
Duplicant keeps all creature types it had when the card was imprinted, including any types that Duplicant had gained.
So if you copy the official Duplicant with a Phantasmal Image and then imprint a Goblin, you'll end up with a Goblin Shapeshifter. If you do the same with my Duplicant, you'll end up with a Goblin Shapeshifter Illusion, which is the correct result.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 09 Jan 2014, 12:22

I just noticed that the deck pack 3 update added a new attribute for all "clone" effects:
Code: Select all
replacement_effect_type="copy"
What do you think it's for? Just a note for the AI to understand this kind of effects better? Or a flag that really improves those effects (maybe making attack and block restrictions work for the AI)? I don't have time to test right now, but I really hope for the latter. :mrgreen:
thefiremind
Programmer

Previous

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers