It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:29

Text Size

AI Availability

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

AI Availability

Postby Scion of Darkness » 20 Apr 2013, 01:04

This might be a silly question, but i've been wondering this, tonight when i was testing some of my decks, in one of the matches i played against my time lapse deck that revolves in gaining infinite turns, and the Ai was playing well, but when was time to use the combo eternal witness followed steps the AI wasn't able to perceive the the combo, is there any way to make the AI sometimes play in a defined order?
Scion of Darkness

Re: AI Availability

Postby thefiremind » 20 Apr 2013, 09:58

The AI just "thinks" by scores, so if a card has a good score, it will be played: there's no clean way to make the AI wait for a certain card before playing another one. It's possible to "guide" the AI's decisions by changing the card code, as many challenge cards do, but this will probably make the card specific for that deck, or limit the AI's decisions too much. In your example, you could code a special version of Followed Footsteps with a TARGET_DEFINITION that restricts its possible targets to creatures called Eternal Witness if the AI controls at least one... but there could be a scenario where playing Followed Footsteps on something else would make the difference between winning or losing, and the AI will be forced to take the wrong decision.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk