It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:13

Text Size

First DotP2014 modding problems

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: First DotP2014 modding problems

Postby sumomole » 08 Jul 2013, 07:24

RiiakShiNal wrote:Well it should be easy to use. Instead of LinkedDC() use RSN_ObjectDC() and hopefully it will work for you.
I have a question, in 2013 we used "ObjectDC (): Set_CardPtr (0, target)" to save a data, another card can use "first_card: GetDataChest (): Get_CardPtr (0)" to read the target, if I use your code, how do I do this?
sumomole
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 08 Jul 2013, 08:37

sumomole wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:Well it should be easy to use. Instead of LinkedDC() use RSN_ObjectDC() and hopefully it will work for you.
I have a question, in 2013 we used "ObjectDC (): Set_CardPtr (0, target)" to save a data, another card can use "first_card: GetDataChest (): Get_CardPtr (0)" to read the target, if I use your code, how do I do this?
By looking at the LOL file I see that "RSN_ObjectDC()" is a wrapper for "RSN_GetObjectDC( Object(), true )" where the first parameter is the card and the second tells if you want to create the chest when it hasn't been found. So, the analogue for the old "first_card:GetDataChest()" should be "RSN_GetObjectDC(first_card, false)" with false because GetDataChest() wasn't initializing the chest (you can use true if you want it to happen).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sumomole » 08 Jul 2013, 09:05

thefiremind wrote:
sumomole wrote:
By looking at the LOL file I see that "RSN_ObjectDC()" is a wrapper for "RSN_GetObjectDC( Object(), true )" where the first parameter is the card and the second tells if you want to create the chest when it hasn't been found. So, the analogue for the old "first_card:GetDataChest()" should be "RSN_GetObjectDC(first_card, false)" with false because GetDataChest() wasn't initializing the chest (you can use true if you want it to happen).
Great, I will go to try his code one by one. :D
sumomole
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2013, 12:51

thefiremind wrote:
sumomole wrote:I have a question, in 2013 we used "ObjectDC (): Set_CardPtr (0, target)" to save a data, another card can use "first_card: GetDataChest (): Get_CardPtr (0)" to read the target, if I use your code, how do I do this?
Pretty much exactly like thefiremind said. The reason that RSN_GetObjectDC is slightly different from cardPointer:GetDataChest() is because in DotP2013 it would not under any circumstances initialize the data chest, whereas there may be an instance where you would want the data chest to be initialized and usable.

Though due to the way that LUA handles parameters to LUA functions you can actually use RSN_GetObjectDC( cardPointer ) to work just like old DotP 2013 (because it will make the parameter bCreate nil which will not equal true, thus has equivalent operation to RSN_GetObjectDC( cardPointer, false )). The second parameter is only required if you want to initialize the ObjectDC.

There is documentation on all the (non-internal) functions here as well:
DotP 2014: ObjectDC Functions
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 08 Jul 2013, 22:10

OK, this is really weird... I was making some experiments on the forecast mechanic, and I managed to create an invisible token that can be programmed through a LOL file to check if any card needs an upkeep time window. But this is not the problem. The following is the forecast ability from Pride of the Clouds after I undercosted it for test purposes and took almost everything out of it:
Code: Select all
  <ACTIVATED_ABILITY active_zone="ZONE_HAND">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Forecast — {2}{W}{U}, Reveal Pride of the Clouds from your hand: Put a 1/1 white and blue Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Prévision — {2}{W}{U}, révélez la Bande des nuages depuis votre main : Mettez en jeu un jeton de créature 1/1 blanche et bleue Oiseau avec le vol.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Presagiar — {2}{W}{U}, mostrar la Manada de nubes de tu mano: Pon en juego una ficha de criatura Ave blanca y azul 1/1 con la habilidad de volar.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Vorhersage — {2}{W}{U}, zeige Stolz der Wolken aus deiner Hand offen vor: Bringe einen 1/1 weißen und blauen Vogelspielstein mit Flugfähigkeit ins Spiel.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Previsione — {2}{W}{U}, Rivela l’Orgoglio delle Nubi dalla tua mano: Metti sul campo di battaglia una pedina creatura Uccello 1/1 bianca e blu con volare.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[予見 ― {2}{W}{U}, あなたの手札から雲の群れを公開する:飛行を持つ白であり青である1/1の鳥クリーチャー・トークンを1体場に出す。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Forecast — {2}{W}{U}, Reveal Pride of the Clouds from your hand: Put a 1/1 white and blue Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Предвидение — {2}{W}{U}, Покажите Облачный прайд из своей руки: Введите в игру фишку белого и синего существа Птица 1/1 с Полетом.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Prever — {2}{W}{U}, Revele Alcatéia das Nuvens de sua mão: Coloque em jogo uma ficha de criatura branca e azul 1/1 do tipo Ave com a habilidade de voar.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <COST mana_cost="{1}" type="Mana" />
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    EffectController():GainLife(1) -- just to see if it resolves
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
  </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
As long as I have only 1 mana color available, it seems to work. If I have more, the game freezes after clicking OK during the the mana selection query! Could someone else test if the result is the same, and maybe try to find the reason?
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby gorem2k » 09 Jul 2013, 18:01

thefiremind wrote:Could someone else test if the result is the same, and maybe try to find the reason?
It hangs when I have 2 colors available.

don't know what could cause this. maybe engine bug? yeah I guess this time is not card fault, I mean, no complex code here!

EDIT: will try again this time, changing {1} to {U}

EDIT II: changing to a more specific cost makes it playable.
Last edited by gorem2k on 09 Jul 2013, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
gorem2k

Postby thefiremind » 09 Jul 2013, 18:06

gorem2k wrote:don't know what could cause this. maybe engine bug? yeah I guess this time is not card fault, I mean, no complex code here!
I thought the same, and since cycling doesn't have this problem, the only thing I can guess is that it hangs when the card needs to stay in hand after paying the cost. If that's true, DotP2014 can't have not only forecast, but also ninjutsu, which is quite sad.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby xenavire » 30 Jul 2013, 21:55

thefiremind, I had an idea - would the cost resolve if the card left the hand, then return? For example, by adding in a temporary exile? I can't think of any cards off the top of my head that use a card being exiled from the hand as a trigger, so if it worked it might be an acceptable workaround.

I wish I knew more about coding, I might have other, better ideas, but I hope this helps.
xenavire

Postby thefiremind » 30 Jul 2013, 22:02

Thanks for the idea, but we still don't know this problem deeply enough: kevlahnota coded ninjutsu without problems, so the reason why my code doesn't work is a mystery.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby xenavire » 30 Jul 2013, 22:07

Ah, well I wish you luck then. I am a little behind with the progress on 2014 modding, as I refuse to buy it in it's current form. I got burned by 2013, and hated it until I figured out that I could mod it (which actually took months).

So while I try to keep tabs on what has happened, it's all either gibberish or isn't relevant to me (yet). But I can't help but try to help if I think I see a solution. I have learned a lot reading these threads though, so I hope I can find a way to be useful.
xenavire

Postby thefiremind » 31 Jul 2013, 22:49

thefiremind wrote:I stumbled onto another problem. Now that I can grant activated abilities to cards in the graveyard, I have another issue that prevents me from coding Sedris, the Traitor King. In DotP2014 you can't refer to resource_id's of the original card from an ability granted to another card. This doesn't allow me to create the exiling delayed triggers when I unearth a creature using the ability granted by Sedris. Does anyone have a clever idea to overcome the problem?
I'm quoting myself because this problem is now solved, thanks to Miraika who found the solution. In DotP2014 you can still refer to resource_id's of the original card from an ability granted to another card: you just need to grant all the abilities you need to refer to, together with the "main" one.
Isn't it great? :mrgreen: A Grixis/unearth deck with Sedris as main star will be soon included in my mod. :wink:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sumomole » 01 Aug 2013, 03:56

thefiremind wrote:
thefiremind wrote:I stumbled onto another problem. Now that I can grant activated abilities to cards in the graveyard, I have another issue that prevents me from coding Sedris, the Traitor King. In DotP2014 you can't refer to resource_id's of the original card from an ability granted to another card. This doesn't allow me to create the exiling delayed triggers when I unearth a creature using the ability granted by Sedris. Does anyone have a clever idea to overcome the problem?
I'm quoting myself because this problem is now solved, thanks to Miraika who found the solution. In DotP2014 you can still refer to resource_id's of the original card from an ability granted to another card: you just need to grant all the abilities you need to refer to, together with the "main" one.
Isn't it great? :mrgreen: A Grixis/unearth deck with Sedris as main star will be soon included in my mod. :wink:
If RiiakShiNal know this, he will be more happy, since his Mikaeus, the Unhallowed. :lol:
sumomole
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Aug 2013, 13:46

sumomole wrote:If RiiakShiNal know this, he will be more happy, since his Mikaeus, the Unhallowed. :lol:
I am happier because now I can eliminate the requirements for the Core Fixes mod. Though I also noticed something, you actually don't have to grant the ability that you want to grant/use later from the granted ability. So with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed this actually does work:
Code: Select all
   <STATIC_ABILITY>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Other non-Human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have undying.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <!-- Text Snipped -->
      <FILTER>
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:Add( FE_CARD_INSTANCE, OP_NOT, EffectSource() )
         filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_NOT, CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN )
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
         filter:Add( FE_CONTROLLER, OP_IS, EffectController() )
      </FILTER>
      <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C" filter_id="0">
         if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
            local characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
            characteristics:Power_Add( 1 )
            characteristics:Toughness_Add( 1 )
         end
      </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
      <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6" filter_id="0">
         if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
            local characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
            characteristics:GrantAbility(1)
         end
      </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
   </STATIC_ABILITY>
   <TRIGGERED_ABILITY resource_id="1" badge="BADGE_UNDYING">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Undying]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <!-- Text Snipped -->
      <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_BEGIN" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_GRAVEYARD" from_zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
      <INTERVENING_IF ignore_resolution_check="1">
         return (TriggerObject():CountCounters(MTG():PlusOnePlusOneCounters()) == 0) and (TriggerObject():IsToken() == false)
      </INTERVENING_IF>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         if ((TriggerObject() ~= nil) and (TriggerObject():IsToken() == false)) then
            local oDelayDC = EffectDC():Make_Chest(0)
            oDelayDC:Set_CardPtr(0, TriggerObject())
            oDelayDC:Protect_CardPtr(0)
            MTG():CreateDelayedTrigger(2, oDelayDC)
         end
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         if (TriggerObject() ~= nil) then
            TriggerObject():PutOntoBattlefield( TriggerObject():GetOwner() )
         end
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         MTG():RemoveDelayedTrigger(2)
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
   <TRIGGERED_ABILITY resource_id="2" replacement_effect="1">
      <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_TRANSITION" to_zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" from_zone="ZONE_ANY">
         return (TriggerObject() == EffectDC():Get_CardPtr(0))
      </TRIGGER>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         if (TriggerObject() ~= nil) then
            TriggerObject():AddCounters( MTG():PlusOnePlusOneCounters(), 1)
         end
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
You'll notice I don't actually grant the ability with resource_id="2", but I am still able to use it for CreateDelayedTrigger() in the triggered ability I actually do grant. Though I am surprised that it works as this does open more possibilities.

I have also verified that it doesn't interfere with other abilities with resource_ids on the target card.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 01 Aug 2013, 13:54

Then I'm surprised as well... I wonder what went wrong the first time I tried. Maybe there was an error somewhere else and I overlooked it, those were the first days modding DotP2014 so it's very likely.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Aug 2013, 14:06

thefiremind wrote:Then I'm surprised as well... I wonder what went wrong the first time I tried. Maybe there was an error somewhere else and I overlooked it, those were the first days modding DotP2014 so it's very likely.
Don't feel too bad, I managed to somehow overlook it as well with my first version of Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so I think it is pretty easy to miss.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Programming Talk