It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:51

Text Size

Testing transform on DotP2014...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Testing transform on DotP2014...

Postby thefiremind » 21 Jul 2013, 22:58

I worked on this thing all day (more or less :mrgreen:), now I'm ready to release a little test of my new transform mechanic. I think I might code even Loyal Cathar this time, but I'm not sure yet.

The biggest innovation is a Lua structure that handles the data and collects it on the first turn: no more worries about token duplication, and the performance will be a bit better because the copiable values will be collected all at once and only once for each card name. I used nabeshin's DotP2012 storage as template for the Lua structure, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it. It still uses a register slot in the duel data chest because I don't know how to store the copiable values outside a game chest.

The code already passed the "clone test": since I'm registering all the cards that can transform on the first turn, clones won't be recognized as valid transform cards and will keep their starting face.

I called "moon count" the maximum number of spells cast by one player, capped at 2, which is the information needed by many werewolves to transform.

I still need to add the "Immerwolf test" and the TURNED_FACE_UP trigger to the transformation, but that's easy to do.

Now, if someone else wants to make a test, the ZIP only contains the LOL file and Reckless Waif / Merciless Predator, but if you can understand how I made those 2 cards you can even try to make some other ones (the code that needs to be written on the cards is quite short, unless you want to make something like Huntmaster of the Fells of course). I ask you only one thing: please don't include this test in mods that you are planning to release, unless you change all instances of "TFM_" with some other prefix of yours and the index #1991 with another one: I don't want to have a "beta version" around that might interfere when I make a proper release.

EDIT: I coded a working Loyal Cathar but it seems I can't code a working Soul Seizer (which I made for DotP2013)... well I hope nobody will miss it (I won't :lol:). You'll see the final result soon.

EDIT 2: The transform cards are now part of my mod, so I removed the test file from here. I decided not to delete the whole topic, though: if you have suggestions about improvements, we can discuss about them here together.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk