It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:07

Text Size

A Couple Questions

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

A Couple Questions

Postby minosse » 17 Sep 2013, 07:30

Hello,

I found it very fascinating that it is possible to create new cards on Dotp.
I think that one of the best way to use this would be trying to replicate some decks of one of the non-rotating formats(vintage, legacy, modern, I’m still undecided on which would be the easier) to understand if it would be a good test environment for solo play (instead of goldfishing).

I just started with some basic experiments but I already have a couple (hundreds? :P) questions:
    0. Do you think that it would be feasible to use dotp to test an eternal format?
    1. How good is the AI (at planeswalker level), expecially to play control or combo? Sometimes it happens that it just passes the turn several times without playing cards with 7 lands in play!
    2. What tools do we have to change the AI behavior?
      a. I saw that at the end of each card’s xml there is some sort of “power level” of the card…?
      b. Does its proper use make the AI work correctly?
      c. Is it the only tool regarding AI?
      d. Are there different AIs (one for agro decks, one for control, ecc)?
    3. Which is the “best” version of Dotp to program on (currently i’m trying on m14)?
    4. Were the planeswalkers ever released by wotc on dotp? If not, was it possible to custom create them?

Thanks for your time,
Mario
minosse

Re: A Couple Questions

Postby minosse » 17 Sep 2013, 16:28

Mmm now that I'm back home from work I just found this:

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=11421

:wink:
minosse

Return to Programming Talk