It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:47

Text Size

Help in OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY Code [SOLVED]

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Help in OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY Code [SOLVED]

Postby JorUge » 09 Jan 2014, 22:53

Thanks every for your always good support, I trying to put this card In Magic 2014, but I exile one and that card dont come back to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

If someone can help , where Im wrong, please.

I put the code and art in a attachment
Attachments
OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY.zip
Code and Art of OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY
(532.03 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Last edited by JorUge on 10 Jan 2014, 01:47, edited 2 times in total.
JorUge

Re: Help in OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY Code

Postby MC Brodie » 09 Jan 2014, 23:09

It would help me if you put the code in a code block instead of an attachment. The majority of the time I'm on the site I'm in my phone and can't download attachments. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby JorUge » 09 Jan 2014, 23:26

That was my first try, but I received a message from the System, telling that I can insert a Long post, becouse Im a New one in the forum.
Sorry for that, but no was my intention
JorUge

Postby MC Brodie » 09 Jan 2014, 23:56

JorUge wrote:That was my first try, but I received a message from the System, telling that I can insert a Long post, becouse Im a New one in the forum.
Sorry for that, but no was my intention
My bad I see that now. As for your card, you have the TRIGGERED_ABILITY tag inside of the SPELL_ABILITY tag which is not correct. Move the triggered ability tag and code outside of it and it looks like it will work. Also, you might want to change the AI hint to "HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" instead of "HINT_ENEMY_ONLY".

Also, you should be good to post code now you are above 5 posts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby JorUge » 10 Jan 2014, 01:37

Thanks for you help MC Brodie, I change the code with your hints and work like a Magic!

When I finish the tests, will be my fist WAD, many thanks.

Otherworldly Journey

Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
  <FILENAME text="OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY_JRG370460" />
  <CARDNAME text="OTHERWORLDLY_JOURNEY" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Otherworldly Journey]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="370460" />
  <ARTID value="JRG370460" />
  <ARTIST name="Vance Kovacs" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{1}{W}" />
  <FLAVOURTEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
—Journal found in Numai]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[“The landscape shimmered and I felt a chill breeze. When my vision cleared, I found myself alone among the corpses of my fallen friends.”
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA["A paisagem tremeluziu e senti uma brisa gelada. Quando minha visão clareou, me encontrei só dentre os cadáveres de meus amigos caídos".
—Diário encontrado em Numai]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </FLAVOURTEXT>
  <TYPE metaname="Instant" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Arcane" />
  <EXPANSION value="MMA" />
  <RARITY metaname="C" />
  <SPELL_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Esilia una creatura bersaglio. All’inizio della prossima sottofase finale, rimetti quella carta nel campo di battaglia sotto il controllo del suo proprietario con un segnalino +1/+1 su di essa.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Exile target creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Remove a criatura alvo de jogo. No final do turno, devolva-a para o jogo sob o controle de seu dono com um marcador +1/+1.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   <TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_EXILE" definition="0" compartment="0" count="1" />
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
      </TARGET_DEFINITION>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil then
         EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Protect_CardPtr(0)
         target:Exile()
      end
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil and target:GetZone() == ZONE_EXILE then
         local delayDC = EffectDC():Make_Chest(1)
         delayDC:Set_CardPtr(0, target)
         MTG():CreateDelayedTrigger(2, delayDC)
         end
   </SPELL_ABILITY>
   <TRIGGERED_ABILITY forced_skip="1" resource_id="2">
      <TRIGGER value="BEGINNING_OF_STEP">
    return MTG():GetStep() == STEP_END_OF_TURN
      </TRIGGER>
      <CLEANUP fire_once="1" />
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      local trigger_creature = EffectDC():Get_CardPtr(0)
         if trigger_creature ~= nil then
         trigger_creature:PutOntoBattlefield( trigger_creature:GetOwner() )
         trigger_creature:AddCounters( MTG():PlusOnePlusOneCounters(), 1 )
      end 
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>      
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="main_1" window_turn="my_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="begin_combat" window_turn="their_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="declare_attackers" window_turn="their_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="declare_blockers" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="end_of_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" response_source="1" response_target="1" />
      <AI_SIMPLIFIED_TARGETING compartment="0" hint="HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" /> 
</CARD_V2>
The Art in 512x376 is inside the .zip file at the beginning of this tread.
=D>
JorUge

Postby thefiremind » 10 Jan 2014, 09:33

MC Brodie wrote:Also, you might want to change the AI hint to "HINT_ALLIED_ONLY" instead of "HINT_ENEMY_ONLY".
While the AI in DotP2014 has proven capable of ignoring the "..._ONLY" hints when it thinks it's really worth, the best hint in my opinion would be "HINT_ALLIED": Otherworldly Journey is a card that you may want to cast on an opponent's creature in some cases (when removing a creature allows you to get in with lethal damage, when the creature has more than 1 +1/+1 counter on it and you would gladly see it return with just 1, etc.).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Return to Programming Talk